What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m really struggling with my mental health at the moment, I don’t know why. Had a call from my dad as my family have noticed and he lovingly told me “I have nothing to be sad about” and “other people have it so much worse”. duck me, I can’t believe this is a mindset people still have. How is that supposed to help me? I can’t help feeling like this and it would be wonderful if I could just ‘be happy’ as he said. duck you if you think this way.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m really struggling with my mental health at the moment, I don’t know why. Had a call from my dad as my family have noticed and he lovingly told me “I have nothing to be sad about” and “other people have it so much worse”. duck me, I can’t believe this is a mindset people still have. How is that supposed to help me? I can’t help feeling like this and it would be wonderful if I could just ‘be happy’ as he said. duck you if you think this way.
I’m sorry he said that to you and that your feelings weren’t acknowledged. Your feelings are valid and I’m sorry to hear you’re having a hard time

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Yep!! My life insurance and medical are both compulsory! I have been trying to make the most of the health insurance (currently basking in the world of private therapy), but I couldn't give two hoots about life insurance. I've got no dependents so would rather have the cash thanks!
same.. i dont think people realise that.. they also go nuts when I don't have an emergency contact.. like i am likely to drop dead at my desk doing admin lol. its not like a factory or something
---
Take that message to HR!!
That is completely inappropriate.
gosh I think I misread this as I thought the sender was looking out for poster and that they were letting her know she was being talked about

Reactions: 1
same.. i dont think people realise that.. they also go nuts when I don't have an emergency contact.. like i am likely to drop dead at my desk doing admin lol. its not like a factory or something
---

gosh I think I misread this as I thought the sender was looking out for poster and that they were letting her know she was being talked about

An emergency could happen and it's important that HR have a next of kin contact. There could be a fire for example or they might need to close for whatever reason.

Reactions: 3
I totally agree. Only it’s more complicated than that and such is life. Therapy is helping me
Yes of course, sorry I didn't mean to sound flippant about not associating with them. I've been through this with my dad. I'm so glad therapy is helping you though and I hope you have some support away from the person in question ❤.

• Heart
New thread here ...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.