What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When one person in the friend group mysteriously doesn't like you, and everyone except you is at their birthday party right now 🙃
This is why I stopped being a part of friend groups, someone always dislikes each other and it is so hurtful being the one left out.

Hope you're okay!

Reactions: 15
When one person in the friend group mysteriously doesn't like you, and everyone except you is at their birthday party right now 🙃
Friendship groups are not the one!! Always someone backstabbing 😤

Reactions: 14
My mental health is shot to bits! Felt fine all day, one little mishap this evening and it’s gone from totally OK to crying in the bathroom (trying to hide it) and wanting to run away and scream feeling like the shittest person in the world. Feels like a battle that will never end o_O

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I was just thinking ..... wondering what I was ranting about this time last year 🤔
I keep getting pictures coming up on my phone saying "this time last year" and it got me thinking 🤔

Reactions: 2
This is why I stopped being a part of friend groups, someone always dislikes each other and it is so hurtful being the one left out.

Hope you're okay!
Thank you! It can make you feel gaslighted, because I KNOW I'm a good friend, and if no one can tell me what I've done wrong, then I think that shows you that even they don't know! I know you can't force everyone to like you, but I have to work really hard not to have a complex about this one. Mind you, seeing the person she's closest to, I don't think she's a good judge of character.

Reactions: 9
I took the kids to the park yesterday evening to wear them out before bed. I had jeans and a coat on because it was drizzly. I am covered in bites. I have counted 14 of the itchy bastards. They are big ones too. All over my legs and arms. Even 2 on my side and on 1 on my bum. HOW?! How do they get through so many layers of clothing?!
I must be juicy

• Haha
Reactions: 4
People who don’t respect boundaries 😡 and then get angry at me when I state that they’ve overstepped the boundary I constantly remind them of 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm sorry this happened to you.
Honestly, how childish. Imagine behaving like this?!
---
People who don’t respect boundaries 😡 and then get angry at me when I state that they’ve overstepped the boundary I constantly remind them of 😡
Can I ask - where do you go from here now? How do you reinforce your boundaries and remind people of them when they have been overstepped?

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just got this message from a bloke at work. I am absolutely fuming, I was wearing a thick high neck vest top with a shirt on over it (we have no dress code). I know who it was too as he has the mental age of a 5 year old. This is what you get when you’re one of 2 women in a 30 person workplace.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
I’ve just got this message from a bloke at work. I am absolutely fuming, I was wearing a thick high neck vest top with a shirt on over it (we have no dress code). I know who it was too as he has the mental age of a 5 year old. This is what you get when you’re one of 2 women in a 30 person workplace.
Take that message to HR!!
That is completely inappropriate.

Reactions: 16
go to hr IMMEDIATELY - that is beyond inappropriate.

Ugh, I wish we could normalise not wearing bra’s.

Anyway my rant today is Reddit. I’ve been permanently banned. Now, like me, you might ask yourself what did I do or say to cause this.
Btw this is for inciting violence.
In the first instance on an article about a mum who abused and killed her toddler I said “this is why corporal punishment is needed” Don’t really see how this was inciting violence.
Then I’m not really sure because most of my comments are “wow, that’s awful”. The only other thing I can think is after seeing like the millionth video of angry Karens in America I asked “what’s going on in the US, why does everybody hate each other”

I’m annoyed about it as there are a lot of really wholesome and funny threads that I can’t participate in.

• Sad

Anyway my rant today is Reddit. I’ve been permanently banned. Now, like me, you might ask yourself what did I do or say to cause this.
Btw this is for inciting violence.
In the first instance on an article about a mum who abused and killed her toddler I said “this is why corporal punishment is needed” Don’t really see how this was inciting violence.
Then I’m not really sure because most of my comments are “wow, that’s awful”. The only other thing I can think is after seeing like the millionth video of angry Karens in America I asked “what’s going on in the US, why does everybody hate each other”

I’m annoyed about it as there are a lot of really wholesome and funny threads that I can’t participate in.
That's so OTT, what you said wasn't inciting violence at all. Can you not make a new account with a different email? :(

Reactions: 1
My rent has just gone up and my take home pay has just gone down (because of taxable benefits like bloody dental insurance which is the ONLY OPTION BECAUSE YOU CAN'T GET AN NHS DENTIST!!!).

When can I win the lottery 😭
yes do not get me started on taxable benefits that are compulsory. My employer does life insurance and medical - neither of which i will ever use and saying oh its a great benefit to have etc etc .. what they dont tell you is you get taxed on it and there is no way you can opt out. Not only is it of no benefit to me , its effing COSTING ME MONEY
---
less of a rant more of an observation.Why do i do more "work" when I am at home than in the office?

Ok we know the answer to this is because I have 2 laptops open because i am jobsearching like crazy during the working week while I can..

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
yes do not get me started on taxable benefits that are compulsory. My employer does life insurance and medical - neither of which i will ever use and saying oh its a great benefit to have etc etc .. what they dont tell you is you get taxed on it and there is no way you can opt out. Not only is it of no benefit to me , its effing COSTING ME MONEY
---
less of a rant more of an observation.Why do i do more "work" when I am at home than in the office?

Ok we know the answer to this is because I have 2 laptops open because i am jobsearching like crazy during the working week while I can..
Yep!! My life insurance and medical are both compulsory! I have been trying to make the most of the health insurance (currently basking in the world of private therapy), but I couldn't give two hoots about life insurance. I've got no dependents so would rather have the cash thanks!

Reactions: 3
I'm sorry this happened to you.
Honestly, how childish. Imagine behaving like this?!
---

Can I ask - where do you go from here now? How do you reinforce your boundaries and remind people of them when they have been overstepped?
Honestly, I don’t know. I guess if I’d properly read the information I got early on in this relationship, which showed me that this person doesn’t respect my boundaries, then I wouldn’t have this problem. But here I am, years down the line, still the one being made to feel guilty for having a boundary. I’ve only got myself to blame really but now I don’t know how to get out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Honestly, I don’t know. I guess if I’d properly read the information I got early on in this relationship, which showed me that this person doesn’t respect my boundaries, then I wouldn’t have this problem. But here I am, years down the line, still the one being made to feel guilty for having a boundary. I’ve only got myself to blame really but now I don’t know how to get out of it.

if you are being disrespected then maybe it's time not to spend time with that person again.

I wish we could normalise men not having the right to comment on womens bodies/what they wear.
I wish we could normalise calling out toxic male beahviour - in the workplace and elsewhere.
I wish we could normalise the fact that women standing their ground does not mean that she is 'erratic' or 'touchy' etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.