What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just found out today abut the restrictions on promoting and advertising baby formula!! WTAF!!! 🤬 🤬

• Angry
Reactions: 6
I got a horrible text from my cousin today who is still accusing me and my brother of 'ruining' a family holiday, and called us both social justice warriors and snowflakes.

For those who didn't see my older post; my cousins are organising a trip to Dubai and my brother (an openly gay man) is refusing to go to a country in which homosexuality is considered a serious and punishable crime. I support my brother, I'm a straight woman but I also don't want to support the economy of a homophobic country that doesn't respect human rights. if that makes me a snowflake... so be it.
I would love to go to Dubai for the themeparks, but I can’t because of their human rights (or lack of), same with Saudi.

Well done for sticking to your principles and supporting your brother !

• Heart
Reactions: 7
If you can

I would recommend buying ANY Vauxhall. I find them super reliable
We're like the Vauxhall owners club, I'm on my 2nd Meriva, my son is on his 2nd Corsa, and my Ex has also driven Vauxhalls for years.

I started looking at Dacias, but got put off when I read the parts are a real PITA to buy. So back to looking at Merivas again 😂
@Lalla
I feel your pain, I went through this when ULEZ was first brought in, I had to replace
2 motorcycles because they were too old, cost me 4K to replace them. Thankfully my third
bike was okay because it was a 2007 model, I bought it to replace a bike. It was pure luck
more than anything, I bought that bike before ULEZ was first proposed.

I live near the greater London area, the border is 2 miles away, one of my neighbours who
is elderly will no longer be able to use her car because it's too old. She can't afford a new
car so she is simply restricted so she's ditching the car completely.

My latest bike came from up north, mainly because most of the bikes down south are high
mileage, trying to get a low mileage bike good enough for my job is next to impossible.
I'm only about a mile inside the ULEZ, which is quite frustrating. I feel really sorry for all the elderly people affected, both in our town and the ones who live on the outskirts so are just outside (but would have to pay every time they come here to go to the supermarket, visit their GP, use the local hospital and so on.

Reactions: 5
I've just found out today abut the restrictions on promoting and advertising baby formula!! WTAF!!! 🤬 🤬
I knew about this but it is so outdated. Parents have a choice about how to feed their own babies and a lack of advertising for formula isn’t going to sway anyone. I bottlefed my babies through personal choice so it doesn’t make any difference

Reactions: 11
You can’t get boots points on stage 1 formula for this reason 😔
---
Roman Kemps new quiz show 😤 he is only famous coz of his dad. GRrrrrrrRrr

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I breastfed so don't know overly a lot about it, but I thought the restrictions for formula advertising/promotions were so that people didn't switch babies formula brand depending on what was on offer etc as that can upset babies tummies

Reactions: 6
I know i sound like a broken record at this point but my Line Manager.. YET AGAIN. Interim reviews are coming up. instead of asking me or sending a request like anyone with common courtesy would do she sent me an email ordering me when to book an appointment date time etc. directly after our weekly bilat . this leading to a whole hour of her crap and dictating orders.

She's asking me to do a self assessment on how i am doing on the objectives that haven't been set yet . not a calendar month after my start date/ She also doesnt know her arse from her elbow as the intranet says the self assessments only have to be completed by those who joined before July 1st. mt start date was August 1st.

This woman is weird af.

on the upside one of the other PAS has told me both the managers I actually work for and everyone else I have met at the company thinks I am doing fantastic so far and that I am really nice/lovely. Unfortunately the LM has already set the tone for how I regards the job/company/role/my future.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I totally agree I do love my child to bits but jeez the amount of food I have got through having her at home and just taking her out/entertaining her in general is costing me a bloody fortune🤪 Of course we have had fun but I am proper skint now 🤣 I feel I have added pressure as a single mom to do things with her as her father is a waste of space 😏
Of doesn't mean we hate being parents but I definitely love my two more when they are out all day

• Haha
We're like the Vauxhall owners club, I'm on my 2nd Meriva, my son is on his 2nd Corsa, and my Ex has also driven Vauxhalls for years.

I started looking at Dacias, but got put off when I read the parts are a real PITA to buy. So back to looking at Merivas again 😂

I'm only about a mile inside the ULEZ, which is quite frustrating. I feel really sorry for all the elderly people affected, both in our town and the ones who live on the outskirts so are just outside (but would have to pay every time they come here to go to the supermarket, visit their GP, use the local hospital and so on.
Try this company https://www.northamptoncarcompany.co.uk/

We bought my FIL a car from there last year. They were honest and the car has been very reliable. You could probably ask them to let you know as well if they get in trade ins etc
---
Would you believe it @Lalla - they actually have a meriva petrol for sale

I knew about this but it is so outdated. Parents have a choice about how to feed their own babies and a lack of advertising for formula isn’t going to sway anyone. I bottlefed my babies through personal choice so it doesn’t make any difference
Agree completely. If I’m adult enough to have a child I’m adult enough to decide how to feed them! My eldest was formula fed and my new baby will be too. Sick of the narrative that if you formula feed you’re doing something wrong, just let people
Make their own decisions and leave them to it!

Agree completely. If I’m adult enough to have a child I’m adult enough to decide how to feed them! My eldest was formula fed and my new baby will be too. Sick of the narrative that if you formula feed you’re doing something wrong, just let people
Make their own decisions and leave them to it!
I believe the restrictions are in place so that parents don’t swap and switch formula going by which one is cheapest/ on offer, which could cause tummy upset and bowel problems for babies, rather than any sort of feeding shaming. (Mostly bottle fed babies here)

I want to rant today about people giving me the look when I say no I can't wait until he kids go back because I can't. I love them but being around them 24/7 is hard work we are skint and both still working so it's been hard so don't give me that 'why did you have kids if you don't want to look after them' bull
Let's face it, if there was no such thing as school, and had to have them full time until like 13 (when they're old enough to have a little independence)hardly anyone would have kids.

I'm with you, I love my kids but 2 under 5 home full time for 6 weeks is hard. I need some time to myself and some time to get one with stuff without yelling kids. The bad weather has made it harder too.

Reactions: 9
My husband has decided to unleash on me this morning because I haven’t been making pack ups for his lunch. This has escalated into me doing ‘nothing’ for him, ‘don’t women show their love by looking after their man’ and caring about everyone else over him.

I’m annoyed because this man never has to put a wash load on, doesn’t make dinner, washes the pots maybe once a week but that’s as far as his household tasks go. We have 3 children that I would say I’m the primary carer for and a dog. I’m absolutely sick to my back teeth of his only point being that he works all week. SO DO I. It’s worth bearing it mind that his job doesn’t entail having to factor in childcare drop offs/pick ups or just generally where the kids will be. He just gets up and goes to work but wants a gold medal for that.

He does a manual job but then when he’s home clocks off, how lovely that must be. There are times granted where if I need him to run to the shop etc he will just go he’s not bone idle but this packed lunch shite gets on my nerves. In the back of my mind I’m thinking I should just do it if it’s so important to him but at the same time I really don’t think my worth or how much I care should be down to packed lunch.

Maybe I’m wrong, but his shouting at me at 7am has thoroughly fucked me off.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
My husband has decided to unleash on me this morning because I haven’t been making pack ups for his lunch. This has escalated into me doing ‘nothing’ for him, ‘don’t women show their love by looking after their man’ and caring about everyone else over him.

I’m annoyed because this man never has to put a wash load on, doesn’t make dinner, washes the pots maybe once a week but that’s as far as his household tasks go. We have 3 children that I would say I’m the primary carer for and a dog. I’m absolutely sick to my back teeth of his only point being that he works all week. SO DO I. It’s worth bearing it mind that his job doesn’t entail having to factor in childcare drop offs/pick ups or just generally where the kids will be. He just gets up and goes to work but wants a gold medal for that.

He does a manual job but then when he’s home clocks off, how lovely that must be. There are times granted where if I need him to run to the shop etc he will just go he’s not bone idle but this packed lunch shite gets on my nerves. In the back of my mind I’m thinking I should just do it if it’s so important to him but at the same time I really don’t think my worth or how much I care should be down to packed lunch.

I have no advice because if my husband spoke to me this way I'd tell him to duck off and that's not the well rounded, reasonable advice I think I should give 😂 but I would feel exactly the same as you. I would then probably resort to only doing things for me and the kids (& dog) and doing nothing for him, but I'm petty like that x

Reactions: 14

I saw a tik tok from a woman whose husband claimed she never did anything around the house so she stopped doing anything. Within a few days it was a tit hole. Maybe you should do the same

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have no advice because if my husband spoke to me this way I'd tell him to duck off and that's not the well rounded, reasonable advice I think I should give 😂 but I would feel exactly the same as you. I would then probably resort to only doing things for me and the kids (& dog) and doing nothing for him, but I'm petty like that x
Are you me? 🤣
I would also add in there who the duck do you think you're speaking to, make your own bleeping lunch, I'm not your mother.
Petty AF too and he wouldn't have clean clothes or a cooked meal until he at least apologised!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.