What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Add illegal bloodsports into the mix too. They gamble on hare coursing, dog fights and that kind of thing. I'm pretty sure they are pretty high tech with it all too. I saw hare coursing being filmed on a drone which apparently went to a private live stream. Absolute bastards.

They usually drive across the fields and knock down gates in groups of 4x4's. Naturally the police if they do turn up, arrive in a single Ford Fiesta..... 🙄

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I remember watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and just wondering why they all had so much money. All of the girls featured spent about £15,000 on their wedding dress. None of my friends even spent that much on their whole wedding! My dad said they don't pay tax, which checks out. I've seen a fair few near me who are dealers of various illegal things. But still it can't be ALL of them - where do they get all the money from?

A lot of tv shows I've seen about them, they complain of how unfairly they're treated by the police, without looking at their own behaviour. I'm not tarring them on an individual level, but when a traveller convention comes to town, there is vandalism, fighting, robberies, sexual assault. But if anyone tries to make them face consequences, it's all "The pigs are biased against us!"
There’s a few that go in salons near me get the work done nip out to the car to get their “purse” in bounding comes the fella kicking off saying he isn’t paying for that and they get away Scott free I’m sorry but trampy bastards. I know not all are but the ones like that give gypsies a worse reputation than what they get.
---
Ive seen women travellers claim that it's not all of them just a small portion that give the rest a bad reputation, but i don't buy that. Plus the women don't really know what the men get up to.

I know someone that worked in remand prison and they said it was full of travellers and it was common for court room break outs, either from the actual court or during transportation by a gang of travellers.

There is a big criminal element which is where the money comes from. Lots of dodgy companies too. They take waste then dump it, take money for drive ways then never actually do the work.
The blokes are allowed to cheat on the women there’s nowt they can say or do about it they can’t go out without a bloke being with them it’s wrong.

Also I don’t see how shitting in a TOILET is dirty where as shitting in a bush is clean.. wtf .. seriously. Strange bunch.

Reactions: 9
omg that really gets on my nerves too !
or someone posts in behalf of a 'friend' needing this that and the other for their new flat!.
we have a local eco page where people list stuff away for free, things like kids toy's, small furniture items, balloon arches that would do someone having event next day etc but theres a few members who repeatedly post asking for specific items ..go and buy them yourself !
Lots of people tell them thats not how the page works - its for people to list stuff they want to get rid of its not a 'wish list' !
it's just begging in my opinion and i bet a lot of it is sold on!
It's as bad as the influencers begging for free stuff. If you can't afford it wait until you can and do without
---
If they can afford to move into a new property they can afford that tit, IMO.
I that were me I would use the stuff from the old property plus buy new. I
wouldn't like second hand tit from anyone.
Its all the joy of a new house isn't it? Being able to afford the things for it

Reactions: 5
Had a nail appointment at 8am. My nail tech over slept and didn’t show. Waited outside for half an hour before giving up and going to a Costa. When she finally wakes up she messages me and says sorry she can squeeze me in at 4pm. So I either have to travel home and come back and waste more petrol or hang in town for several hours and spend a fortune on parking 🙃 she doesn’t wanna mess her other clients about by pushing them back.

Got up early on my day off for no reason too. So annoyed.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
Constant bleeping questions. From everyone. Just use your own brain and see if you can answer it yourself and ask me as a last resort. Seriously I am so sick of it especially today. It’s like they can’t function if I’m not within arms reach of them.
bleeping this, I'm sick to death of it. Not to mention the fact that said people couldn't give a duck about how I'm doing, they start their calls with 'quick question' or launch straight into their query. bleeping Google it and duck off.

Reactions: 8
Had a nail appointment at 8am. My nail tech over slept and didn’t show. Waited outside for half an hour before giving up and going to a Costa. When she finally wakes up she messages me and says sorry she can squeeze me in at 4pm. So I either have to travel home and come back and waste more petrol or hang in town for several hours and spend a fortune on parking 🙃 she doesn’t wanna mess her other clients about by pushing them back.

You had better get those done for a BIG discount, if not for free!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

I would simply find a new nail lady 😌😌😌

This is one of my absolute pet peeves. Tradesmen, beauticians, dentist, you name them they do this. As if your time is not improtant but God forbid you do it to them then they charge you extra etc

• Heart
Reactions: 18
My Monday rant is travellers. Our estate is over run with them in the summer and they are absolutely vile. They steal from the local shops, literally crap in full view of people on the side of the roads and are intimidating people who have to walk past them.

Since I've moved to the UK, I have yet to see travellers who move around who take care of the area and don't cause havoc. Am I being lied too? Does anybody have experience of travellers who cleaned up behind themselves and weren't absolute knobs?
Near me there is a traveller camp, and also nearby there are often verges that get camped on. Almost each time a new group come, the police end up chasing ponies down the road because they get loose. A local farmer had to call for help because 3 ponies had gone wondering on their own across the village and into his field. Also, the permanent campsite for travellers which is about 5 streets away from me, often their kids are allowed to trot their ponies with those trap/gig things? They just swing out of the camp's drive without giving way to cars and are oblivious to other road users. We don't seem to get violence but we almost always get issues with their horses running off.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
On the subject of travellers, we have issues with them where we live. A couple came to my house a while ago asking to do odd jobs (gutter, drive etc). I told them my house is rented and the landlord sorts it. They told me to ‘ring him and tell him’. I refused and went to close the door. The larger bloke put his hand in the way and repeated ‘ring him he’ll be happy’. Again I said no. The other 1 said ‘bet it’s 1 of those P*ki bastards’. Ah so nobody can criticise you cos it’s racist but you can be horrendously racist 😡. I slammed the door. Vile creatures. Anyway I now notice that another lot of the darlings by me crashed into an old blokes car in their white van, got out, beat him to a pulp and stole his car. Police have found them I hope.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
Struggling with some severeeeee bloating today 😭 Counting down the seconds til home time and I can get out of my work clothes!!!

people on social media that say something like; I've just moved into a flat/house has anyone got any spare beds, fridges, tables, sofas
like wtf this is begging at its best. Buy your own stuff ffs
Whilst I didn't actually ask for anything, my aunt did see a few bits (vacuum and a halogen oven) that she thought I might need. We went to have a look and paid. No begging.

Shoe shopping. I need trainers with velcro due to my disabilities. Nearly every brand stops at 2.5. Going to have to order a new pair of the ones I currently have I think.

Reactions: 2
Whilst I didn't actually ask for anything, my aunt did see a few bits (vacuum and a halogen oven) that she thought I might need. We went to have a look and paid. No begging.

Shoe shopping. I need trainers with velcro due to my disabilities. Nearly every brand stops at 2.5. Going to have to order a new pair of the ones I currently have I think.
I've seen some adidas youth shoes with velcro. They go up to 6.5 as I often get the teenager shoes there

Reactions: 1
Todays rant is car related.
I work in a very posh expensive part of Dublin. Some of the people who work around here think they are better than the rest of us.
Every bloody day someone parks on the road and takes forever to get out of car and sort themselves out. The car door is open so you have to drive around them. Was stuck at lights today and one woman took forever to get out and then stood in the road getting tit off back seat. Just wanted to shout shut the bloody door!
And some stupid git has parked at the top of very narrow road with the front of his van blocking entrance to street so you have to drive onto footpath for a couple of feet to get around him. I had no other way in than to do this at 8 am.

Reactions: 4
I can’t shake off an ear infection. First it was outer. Then inner and antibiotics haven’t touched it. It’s back with a vengeance today but fortunately my GP will see me. I’m just a bit tired of feeling rotten and not sleeping. I’m blame my house move. Never again am I moving!

• Heart
  • Sad
Hello and welcome to Micromanagement Monday. My Line Manager who is not the exec I work for has contacted me at least 5 times today as I wfh on petty little tit like telling me i need to send an email, have i had a handover note from one of my really busy colleagues who she was already informed will send it by COB late tonight and the most insulting one..oh I notice you haven't set up a sig file. do you know how to do it? here are instructions..

I am 55 yrs old. My last role was working for a Senior Director at the Bank of England. Do you SERIOUSLY think I'd have lasted almost a yr if I didn't? Lets leave out the fact that my Line Manager herself doesnt have a sig file..I don't email anyone anyway as a PA there is no need to..

This is the Line Manager who went ballistic the other week because I wasn't at my desk when she sent a Teams message - because i was in the toilet at the time!!!!

Ever considered that the main reason I haven't bothered to set up a sig file at the start was because I had hoped I would be out of here by now and went home crying on the first day?
Updat now my exec tells me in our diary catchup that they have a team What's App and share phone numbers in case of emergencies. I have boundaries about this tp protect my work/life balance/mental health etc. Contacting me outside of working hrs as a below average waged PA to an exec that is only a manager is a BIG no.. I am contactable on email . teams and teams calls during working hours if you feel the need - and my Line manager already plagues me .. i mean micromanages me using those which results in sleepless nights. nightmares and a flaring or stress related IBS. I am NOT giving her or anyone else the functionality to call me 24/7.. work emergencies wtf are those even anyway? Aside from the fact me exec is only a manager, I am a secretary not a bloody fireman... what emergencies can there possibly be?!!!
---
I remember watching My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding and just wondering why they all had so much money. All of the girls featured spent about £15,000 on their wedding dress. None of my friends even spent that much on their whole wedding! My dad said they don't pay tax, which checks out. I've seen a fair few near me who are dealers of various illegal things. But still it can't be ALL of them - where do they get all the money from?
from local experiences there's a lot of ermmm shopping without paying goes on... perhaps they never spend anything they make

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I feel like I’m slowly losing my mind. I can’t work out why I can’t cope with looking after my two children. Yesterday was okay but most days I have a moment where I just want to run away because everything is overwhelming and something goes to pot. My little girl is lovely but duck me, she never listens and if she does there’s ALWAYS a counter argument or a counter negotiation. It’s exhausting. I baked some muffins earlier and by the end of it I felt like that stupid Ben Affleck meme of him smoking outside looking very FML.

also I hate that it’s hotter than satan’s ballsack at the minute. Everything can duck off.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Slowly Loosing faith in public transport 😡 had a fab day out in London today with my daughter, went to get train home delayed! Got on train 30 mins later to find they were terminating it nowhere near to our destination, they made us get off and told us another train will be sorted, they then announced another train will be coming then 10 mins after that it’s now cancelled and if we want any hope of getting home tonight (after a long day I might add) that we need to get on another train to take us in the complete opposite direction to then have to get another train ffs! So now I have had to get a taxi so more money spent already spent a fortune today 😤 beyond a joke how unreliable the transport system is and yet they want us to use it it’s the 3rd time I’ve been left down by train cancellations 😩

• Wow
  • Heart
Slowly Loosing faith in public transport 😡 had a fab day out in London today with my daughter, went to get train home delayed! Got on train 30 mins later to find they were terminating it nowhere near to our destination, they made us get off and told us another train will be sorted, they then announced another train will be coming then 10 mins after that it’s now cancelled and if we want any hope of getting home tonight (after a long day I might add) that we need to get on another train to take us in the complete opposite direction to then have to get another train ffs! So now I have had to get a taxi so more money spent already spent a fortune today 😤 beyond a joke how unreliable the transport system is and yet they want us to use it it’s the 3rd time I’ve been left down by train cancellations 😩
You still had faith? Trains have been well and truly fucked fo donkey's years.

• Haha
I ride a motorbike and cover it over every evening. The last few weeks when it’s been raining a cat creeps under and sits on the seat!
Every morning there is cat hair and tiny muddy paw prints that I have to clean off 😡
I have never seen said cat but I don’t have time for these shenanigans at 5:45am!
---
And just to add another rant…

I’ve just had an Uber groceries delivery because I had a £10 off code and the two things I was really looking forward to are wrong or missing 😭 sweet and salted popcorn - missing. Cadbury’s wholenut - wrong. Picked up fruit and nut instead 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.