What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Waiting in the queue at the Costco fuel station last night for people to fill up their Chelsea Tractors. 😴 Absolutely no need to drive a Range Rover or equivalent in a town! Most of them aren’t even 4x4 so are useless in the snow!

Reactions: 10
These two women at work are constantly undermining me 😤
Part of my job role is I have final say in what invoices are paid, I have to sign off on them. If I say we need further information or it isn't eligible then just respect that instead of thinking you know better. I've had additional training that they've not had, for my job role. I've escalated it to management as I've had enough.

Edited to add, anything that gets paid incorrectly goes against my name so it is something I take seriously

Reactions: 18
Not so much a rant but just annoyed. I'm sure there's some super summer covid going around - I've not been able to shake it for like 4 weeks. I've not felt completely debilitated by it or anything but it seems to drain me of energy at times. Plus constant sniffles and cough. I think it's gone for a bit then little bits keep coming back.
My daughter was poorly on and off for about 4 weeks with the same thing. Every time she thought she was getting better about 24 hours later it would feel horrid again and totally knackered. It wasn't covid though. She did a couple of tests. Really knocked her out.

Reactions: 3
definitely a narc herself. My sister is just the same for posting endless narc memes on facebook. She could start an argument in an empty room - and then try and gaslight you its your fault. 🙄
I have a sibling like this. It is so draining.

I have major rants about moving house and how stressful it’s been and still might not even go through, but I’ll defo cry if I write it all out so today’s minor rant is…

My car is constantly covered in bird poo because my unofficial parking space is the only one under a tree. As in, I’ll get it washed and the next day it’s all over it. One of my neighbours is a bit cheeky and uses 2 spaces but I can’t ask them if I can swap mine for one of theirs because they’re so lovely and always take in my parcels for me, but I do think it’s a bit unfair! Anyway, I’m off to go wash my car…

• Sad
I’m so tired today I just wanted a lazy day in the house in my comfies doing east activities with the kids. I lost my antibiotics last week and my ear infection is worse than ever, I asked the doctors surgery if they could reissue my prescription on Monday but they texted me yesterday saying I had to make an appointment with the doctor to get them reissued. I’m so tired, I could genuinely cry, I’m exhausted and just needed a day in my house.
Everything was going okay until we got about 50m from the house and the 5yo face planted onto the tarmac when she lost her grip on the bars in the alleyway 😭 her little mouth and nose was absolutely streaming with blood I was so panicked she’d done some real damage. She seems okay now thank god but she’s taken skin off her nose bless her and her lips were about 5 times their size. Literally letting her have anything she wants now. Ryan’s World, baby? Of course! Second ice cream sweetie pie? Coming right up!

really should have got a docs appointment for tomorrow instead!

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I have major rants about moving house and how stressful it’s been and still might not even go through, but I’ll defo cry if I write it all out so today’s minor rant is…

My car is constantly covered in bird poo because my unofficial parking space is the only one under a tree. As in, I’ll get it washed and the next day it’s all over it. One of my neighbours is a bit cheeky and uses 2 spaces but I can’t ask them if I can swap mine for one of theirs because they’re so lovely and always take in my parcels for me, but I do think it’s a bit unfair! Anyway, I’m off to go wash my car…
I know this is probably a bit of a pain but get yourself a cheap car cover

I noticed there was a man slumped over on a bench across the road from my house so called the police. Police didn’t want to know and told me to call ambulance, at least that lady was nice about it. Called for an ambulance and they wanted me to go see if I could wake him. I explained I’m sorry but I don’t feel safe doing that as a woman and she started getting really arsey with me. Sorry not sorry for putting my safety first.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I noticed there was a man slumped over on a bench across the road from my house so called the police. Police didn’t want to know and told me to call ambulance, at least that lady was nice about it. Called for an ambulance and they wanted me to go see if I could wake him. I explained I’m sorry but I don’t feel safe doing that as a woman and she started getting really arsey with me. Sorry not sorry for putting my safety first.
Youve done your bit by phoning. You cant put yourself in danger if you dont feel safe. I bet there were plenty ppl who just ignored them!

My rant today is job seeking again. I just find it so horrible. I have interviews and I find the whole process to be a form of torture. I just hope I get one of them and like it

Reactions: 11
I’m getting quite fed up with people moaning about the England women‘s team by using negative comparisons to the men’s team. If you don’t like or follow football, fine, I don’t either, but even non-fans get behind any success of the men’s team as a cheering England on kind of thing. But when it’s the women’s team doing well, all you hear is people bitching that it’s not as good as men’s football and they couldn’t compete directly against male footballers.
I'm not a football fan and yes it's annoying comparing the women's team to the men's team. There is a difference
but nothing to witch about really. It might not be the same as watching a men's but so what? I've watched a couple of
women's games out of curiosity and I was entertained.

Didn't the women's team win a penalty shoot out a few days ago?? Something the men's team have had problems
with so people shouldn't be so cocky.

Reactions: 8
I spent hours today cooking for someone just for them to cancel on me last minute 😔

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
That’s tit. Did they have a valid reason?

What did you cook?
They had a reason, I can't decide whether I think it's valid though as I feel like it's something they could have maybe gotten out of if they'd wanted to enough. But I was so pissed off I didn't ask for many details in case I blew up at them.

I was really excited as I hadn't seen them for a while and I had made a few Thai dishes that I learnt at a cooking course when I was on holiday recently.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My son used to work in Asda and said it was the old people who were the most rude , entitled and downright angry.
The over-70s are the rudest, most selfish and most self-absorbed of all the age demographics. My grandmother being prime example. When I see them being rude and aggressive to others in shops, supermarkets, etc, I feel so resentful towards the fact that we gave up over 2 years of our lives to apparently protect them.

We should have let COVID do its thing…..

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My rant is about all the nurses/doctors that clearly ignored me struggling on my crutches today to get to surgery. The one that did help was on her break as she had food with her but she stopped and helped. Got me to a chair and signed in.

Then all the staff in the surgery unit were lovely. Such a change.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
The over-70s are the rudest, most selfish and most self-absorbed of all the age demographics. My grandmother being prime example. When I see them being rude and aggressive to others in shops, supermarkets, etc, I feel so resentful towards the fact that we gave up over 2 years of our lives to apparently protect them.

We should have let COVID do its thing…..
That’s a really disgusting thing to say to people, like me who have lost loved ones in that age bracket during Covid. Not every over 70 person is rude and certainly do not deserve to die from Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.