What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would like to complain about myself.

I’ve discovered a thread on here that’s a bit of a car crash and honestly, I can’t stay away. It’s really bad for my blood pressure as the comments are a bit batshit and they irritate me so much but I’m completely addicted to reading them. MAKE ME STOP.
You HAVE to tell us

• Haha
Reactions: 10
This is a multi rant in one...I need to replace my (old but perfectly good) car due to ULEZ. Found a car online I really like, it's in the Midlands (I'm in London).

The garage selling it (not a main dealer or anything) is only open til 4 tomorrow, my son's got my car til at least 3 - and it's a 4 hour drive - so I can't go then. They're shut on Sunday and so then next time I could realistically go is next Sat, chances are it'll be sold by then (as it's a nice car at a decent price).

What makes it more annoying is my Ex and his family live at most 30 mins from the garage, he and his dad are very knowledgeable about cars so if we were still together I could have sent them to give it the once over. However because my Ex is an idiot who couldn't be faithful, we're no longer together and that's not an option.

Edited to add - I did look at going up by train, but the nearest station is about 10 miles away from the garage, so that's out as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This is a multi rant in one...I need to replace my (old but perfectly good) car due to ULEZ. Found a car online I really like, it's in the Midlands (I'm in London).

The garage selling it (not a main dealer or anything) is only open til 4 tomorrow, my son's got my car til at least 3 - and it's a 4 hour drive - so I can't go then. They're shut on Sunday and so then next time I could realistically go is next Sat, chances are it'll be sold by then (as it's a nice car at a decent price).

What makes it more annoying is my Ex and his family live at most 30 mins from the garage, he and his dad are very knowledgeable about cars so if we were still together I could have sent them to give it the once over. However because my Ex is an idiot who couldn't be faithful, we're no longer together and that's not an option.

Edited to add - I did look at going up by train, but the nearest station is about 10 miles away from the garage, so that's out as well.
couldn’t just ask his dad? Or are things that bad

Reactions: 2
Work. Understaffed and managers expect us to be magicians. No I can't be on a till and upstairs pushing trolley at the same time. And the thing is they sit in the blastered office and do f all. Ugh

Been testing positive for a week
It’s on the rise again. Stats say we are in for another wave in autumn. I don’t think I can cope with all the arguing and carrying on.
I work for someone with complex health issues, a chest infection puts him in ICU. I’m not ready to hear about masks and all the moaning and griping it entails 😞

• Heart
Im on a private facebook group. Theres a debate going on about letting someone join who could offer support but equally could be too close to help people or learn things they shouldn't know.
The leaders of the group have said they will take feedback and discuss over weekend as there is a bit of a split.
Theres 1 woman who has literally commented the same thing 10000000000 times. I hope people have the sense to just count her ONE comment rather than the absolute spam shes shared several times a day. We've heard your point linda... now go away and let others have theirs.
As soon as someone else gives the same opinion shes on, hearting, commenting thats exactly how i feel bla bla bla... uhhhhh go away!

Just to add, i dont even oppose her vote. Im on the fence as it doesnt affect me so i havent voted. But its just so bloody annoying

Reactions: 3
My husband just lied to my face about walking the dog???? He said he’s done it while I was out. The lead was exactly where I left it so I knew he hadnt been out 😡 what a little prick. Stupid thing to lie about. I am annoyed

• Haha
Reactions: 14
That cock Elon Musk wants to remove the block feature from Twitter. It will become unusable for anyone in the public eye.

Reactions: 7
My husband just lied to my face about walking the dog???? He said he’s done it while I was out. The lead was exactly where I left it so I knew he hadnt been out 😡 what a little prick. Stupid thing to lie about. I am annoyed
Let me guess, he's the one who wanted the dog in the first place? My Dad begged Mum for a dog, said it would get walked all the time, but Mum's the one who is the chief walkist now 🤣

Reactions: 3
That cock Elon Musk wants to remove the block feature from Twitter. It will become unusable for anyone in the public eye.
I can only assume he secretly hates the platform and vowed at some point to completely dismantle it one bad decision at a time

Reactions: 7
I can only assume he secretly hates the platform and vowed at some point to completely dismantle it one bad decision at a time
Apparently he maybe stopped by Apple ... it's part of their terms and conditions that users have to be able to block offensive and inappropriate so it would be removed from the App store.

Apparently he maybe stopped by Apple ... it's part of their terms and conditions that users have to be able to block offensive and inappropriate so it would be removed from the App store.
Oohhhhhhh good shout 👍🏻. Can’t imagine why he thinks it’s a good idea to not allow blocking? Has he said why?

Reactions: 2
My husband just lied to my face about walking the dog???? He said he’s done it while I was out. The lead was exactly where I left it so I knew he hadnt been out  what a little prick. Stupid thing to lie about. I am annoyed

My teenager does that too. Unlucky for them , the dog is very good at communicating.

Reactions: 8
My teenager does that too. Unlucky for them , the dog is very good at communicating.
Good dog 😌😌😌
Bad family members. Just take the bleeding dog out. Husband sees it at a chore, I see it as minimum 30 min peace and quiet 😌

Reactions: 9
It’s on the rise again. Stats say we are in for another wave in autumn. I don’t think I can cope with all the arguing and carrying on.
I work for someone with complex health issues, a chest infection puts him in ICU. I’m not ready to hear about masks and all the moaning and griping it entails 😞
What I can't cope with is people with cold and flu mingling and coughing in your face and going 'dont worry, it's not COVID though'. I don't care, get away from me!!!

Reactions: 15
Cladding. It’s ruined so many lives, can’t sell my place because of it which will enable us to move to a bigger house for our family :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Been testing positive for a week
I’ve still got it , my son’s partner had it last week and she has two work colleagues who’ve just come back to work after being off with it.

School is back in England in 2.5 weeks , nightmare!

Reactions: 4
When they have you as a captive audience they are the worst. The amount that start whittering on about the price of cabbages and then SOMEHOW end up blaming all the "bloody foreigners"
At one time I would argue back, or at least tut if I wasnt in the conversation. Now I just walk away, they are too ignorant to educate, and just twist anything into being a millennial or a snowflake, despite them losing their tit when they are asked to use the digital sign in or a self serve till.

If I didn't have elderly/immune suppressed people I would've gladly let covid sweep through the people who man handle the bread at lidl with their unwashed hands
I bit my tongue I wasn’t giving them any attention at all.
---
Good dog 😌😌😌
Bad family members. Just take the bleeding dog out. Husband sees it at a chore, I see it as minimum 30 min peace and quiet 😌
Speaking of dogs mine woke me up last night just to have a 4 am nibble. Then threw up on my bed as soon as I woke up at 8 am. 😭. She’s really out of sorts this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.