What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't get over how wasteful people are ... e.g., Throwing out a merino wool jumper because it has a hole in it ... Iron-on patches are affordable and do the job perfectly!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
To stamp on an opponent's arse isn't a 'mistake', it's a choice. A mistake is when you say 7x7 are/is 56.
21 is not someone who is young. They are an adult in the UK and USA.

No way should Lauren James be subjected to the sort of treatment Beckham got, with effigies on lampposts and marrying Posh Spice but if the women's team want to be treated and rewarded equally, then she has to deal with some criticism. To say how nice she is, or how young she is is irrelevant. She stamped on an opponent and, like rugby players who get away with murder yet shouldn't, it should hit the headlines.

Her petulance let her team down and could have cost them the match. So face up and own it.

It's basically a preemptive rant on how this will be handled differently in an age of equality (yet I will support it anyway as I don't want anyone to be mauled by the press).
Can’t believe she did that with all the cameras etc. Did she think she’d get away with it?! Totally stupid. I hope she gets in loads of trouble for it

Reactions: 3
I just found out the post office is open til 5:30 round here too 🤣 just stopped myself texting her about it 🤣
Okay so THEN I took it to the shitting bloody post office and they wanted £12 to send it. Guy’s a bleeping bandit. I checked online before going and there was a 24hr tracked for £3.99 but he said it was £12. Told him to give it back to me and sent it by Evri who charged me £4.44

• Wow
Reactions: 5
@InkHeart can you contact work today and tell them you went back in the building last night.?
Honesty is probably best. Let them know you felt endangered outside and , however wrong and against the rules, you felt it was the most responsible thing to come back in . Do it by email if its easier.

Reactions: 10
That's a live stream on YouTube of sinead o Connors funeral procession and they are playing music and people are cheering and clapping and stood beside the Hearst taking photos through the window surely this is in bad taste ?
Or is this the normal now there doesn't seem to be any mark of respect like bowed heads or silence 🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Last Friday our bin bags got ripped open by bastard seagulls even though they were covered. I had to go out to an appointment with my 2 year old so I didn’t have time to clear it up immediately, so I left it until I got home. As soon as I got back I cleaned up the mess.

This evening I have had a passive aggressive printed note, with a photo of the mess included, put on my car ranting about how awful I am for leaving the mess.

Why wait 3 days to have a go at me about it when they could’ve knocked on my door and told me, I would have then gone out and cleared it up before I had to leave? These neighbours are just getting bleeping ridiculous.
Foxes get at our food bin sometimes, they leave the bags and food all over the front lawn, I always clear it up before
I goto work. It's a right pain in the arse, the last thing I want to do is clean up after the foxes. Sometimes the bags and
food are in the back garden which I also deal with.

On the subject of food bins, my not so nice neighbour hasn't washed out their food bin since they moved in a couple
of years ago. I sometimes bring in our bins and theirs because they sometimes bring ours in. These neighbours are
a young couple with a child, they have no idea how to deal with waste management. In fact they don't even mow their
own lawn, someone else does it for them.

Bloody idiot men drivers. I stopped at a pedestrian crossing today because the lights were on red. Some dickless wonder came up behind me and blasted his horn at me accompanied by gestures. I assume because no one was crossing he thought it would be ok for me to ignore the red light. Absolute arsewipe 😡

Reactions: 12
I can't get over how wasteful people are ... e.g., Throwing out a merino wool jumper because it has a hole in it ... Iron-on patches are affordable and do the job perfectly!
WTF?? many people wear clothes with holes in "Because it's trendy", taking the jumper down to a charity shop would have
been better.

Reactions: 1
WTF?? many people wear clothes with holes in "Because it's trendy", taking the jumper down to a charity shop would have
been better.
nah i both volunteered in one and was an assistant manager for a while. we wouldnt have been able to sell it. we used to have a £1 rail for things slightly lesser quality but they did away with that when they turned the shop all chintzy aesthetic and bunged all the prices up. PPl used to go nuts for the £1 rail and we still made money on items that would have been thrown away or sent to the rag man

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I’m up for redundancy. I’m terrified. The process is going to take like a month.
I don’t know how I will cope. I’ve always worked.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I’m up for redundancy. I’m terrified. The process is going to take like a month.
I don’t know how I will cope. I’ve always worked.
It is scary having that in front of you, but this way you have time to get your head around it and decide what you want to do afterwards. I got made redundant after 10 years and after the initial shock and upset, it was the best thing that could have happened.

Are they offering any support for preparing yourself for job hunting?

So I'm currently working full time while completing my Master's degree. For the entire year I've been working my butt off trying to complete my thesis and everything in time to graduate in October. Filled out my application for the October graduation session, thesis almost done, I was finally starting to relax.
Then yesterday I realized I completely forgot to fill out a survey that was needed to complete my application. I needed to send it in before the 31st of July and I hadn't.
I immediately panicked, filled out the survey, sent an email the student administration office and to my thesis supervisor explaining my mistake and asking what to do next. But obviously it's August so I probably won't receive an answer from either of them until the end of the month.
It feels like I've been having a panic attack for 6 hours. I haven't been able to get anything done.
There's a chance they might go "well you applied and paid the fee so the survey is just a formality, even if you filled it out a few days after the deadline it doesn't matter", but they're probably gonna tell me I have to postpone my graduation to December. Rationally I know it's not the end of the world - I already have a full time contract until January so it's not like I would be missing out on anything by postponing graduation until then. But I'm just so embarrassed and angry at myself because I worked so hard to have everything ready by October and I ruined it with the stupidest mistake ever. Plus my thesis supervisor outright asked us to please avoid postponing graduation because he's very busy and in very high demand as a thesis supervisor, and he has a very strict organization system to make sure he can follow all of his thesis students properly. I just hope he can fit me into his December session.
I don't even have an explanation as to why I forgot to do the survey. I completely forgot I had to do a survey in the first place. I just sent in the application, paid the fee, and that was it for me. I wouldn't even have realized my mistake if I hadn't looked at the uni website page by chance.
I feel terrible and it's so embarrassing to have to tell everyone that I can't graduate in October because I forgot to fill out a form. It's so stupid. And the fact that I won't have a clear answer for like two weeks just makes it worse.
Update: the admin office got back to me and told me everything's fine as long as I pay a small fine for late application (€20). Yay!!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Job interviews. Recently graduated and after lots of rejections I have an interview tomorrow - not the best job or pay but I’m really hoping I get it as I’m running out of £ 🤣🥲🤞🏼 SO NERVOUS it’s my first full time job interview!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Okay! I know where most of you will probably go with this, but I do need to get this off my chest. My husband pays for everything and gives me a generous allowance each month (old school) I know. This money is to pay for whatever I want. He generally pays for my hair, nails and some clothing. I love spending this money and usually to benefit others. Tonight his sister questioned as to whether he was paying for my up and coming holiday? He said no that I was paying for this out of my allowance. I might add that I’m paying for my daughter ( who is not his and is an adult who doesn’t live with us) and partly I’m paying for my sister! I’m so angry that he has told her our private business! Am I wrong or right to feel this way?

Reactions: 2
Okay! I know where most of you will probably go with this, but I do need to get this off my chest. My husband pays for everything and gives me a generous allowance each month (old school) I know. This money is to pay for whatever I want. He generally pays for my hair, nails and some clothing. I love spending this money and usually to benefit others. Tonight his sister questioned as to whether he was paying for my up and coming holiday? He said no that I was paying for this out of my allowance. I might add that I’m paying for my daughter ( who is not his and is an adult who doesn’t live with us) and partly I’m paying for my sister! I’m so angry that he has told her our private business! Am I wrong or right to feel this way?
My immediate thought was wtf has it got to do with her?
and then
was he trying to defend you and let out too much? as men can do when cornered by their sister(s) 😀
and then
is she jealous of your arrangement?

Whatever it was she sounds rude....

Reactions: 8
Money is a private matter between a married couple, my husband gives me a ‘top up’ financially each month, but it’s my business how I spend it .His sister sounds nosy and he should have said “i don’t want to discuss our family finances I’m afraid “.

Reactions: 8
Lucky you, though! 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
My husbands bloody alarm woke me up.
Had to kick him to wake him up so he would stop it going off, then he's straight back to snoring. While I'm wide awake! The children are away so my plan was a lovely long lay in and he's ruined it. hole.

I was still awake at 3am too because I couldn't sleep 🙃

• Sad
My husbands bloody alarm woke me up.
Had to kick him to wake him up so he would stop it going off, then he's straight back to snoring. While I'm wide awake! The children are away so my plan was a lovely long lay in and he's ruined it. hole.

I was still awake at 3am too because I couldn't sleep 🙃
This is defo one of the worse things about having a husband!! Turns it off and goes back to sleep. It goes off again 10 min later and he does the same thing. Waaahhhh I feel your pain

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.