What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ok, I've consulted a monk about InkHeart's problem and this was his reply - which was basically what a wise old friend told me years ago when people were pissing me off and yes I have to admit it worked until I forgot.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I just need to vent a bit today after a crappy weekend. I have various friendship groups and it seems that in pretty much all of them, if I don't text them first then I won't hear from them. I'm always the one to check in, ask people how they are doing etc but I never get this reciprocated. I'm 6 months pregnant and not one of my friends have asked me how I am in probably three months - since I first told them I'm pregnant. I know people have busy lives, but I'm busy and still find the time to message a quick "how are you doing?" Or similar. It's just getting me down lately. I'm all in my pregnancy hormones but sometimes I just feel so isolated and alone. I'm actually looking forward to going to mother and baby groups once the baby is born and hopefully I'll make some friends who may be in the same boat and build some new friendships. It's so hard as an adult to feel like you matter to people I guess. No matter how busy I am I always find time to get in touch with people and never leave them on read, as I so often am. Maybe I'm just over sensitive, who knows!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
People who don't bother to return trolleys in a supermarket carpark. And to add insult to injury, a gobshite got out of her car and pushed the loose trolley towards my car. 🙄
That annoys me so much too. Pure laziness. My husband’s car was dented when someone did that, then she cried and said it wasn’t her fault when he pointed out what she’d done.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
That annoys me so much too. Pure laziness. My husband’s car was dented when someone did that, then she cried and said it wasn’t her fault when he pointed out what she’d done.
Uh mine was too! This bloke watched it blow into my car and didnt stop it... by his account.

I asked the supermarket where the trolley ppl were because the entire place was a shitshow and got a mouth full of abuse

• Wow
Reactions: 1
My bleeping asshole neighbours. One of them is permanently stoned, has the loudest most horrible voice you've ever heard (to the extent that I need to put my headphones in if she's out talking to someone in the street) who blasts her music loud every day, sometimes loud enough to shake our adjoining wall. I wrote to the council anonymously, then she sent a pissy Whatsapp around the neighbours saying she'd prefer it if we just spoke to her, but I don't think she would - she must know her music is bothering other people, she's just counting on us being too awkward to say anything.

The others are a young couple who are always nice to my face but do crappy things. We have a communal garden, where everyone has taken over a space of their own, but this couple put up a perimeter 5 foot fence around their bit. But they continued to use the bit outside my windows as a communal area! They take a short cut through there all the time to get to the road, rather than just leaving via the garden gate and walking around the garden. I've asked them time and time again not to do it, but they still do. I've written to the council, who wrote to them, but they still do it. And there's really nothing more I can do. I've put a load of garden furniture up to block the pathway, but they just move it and walk through. It makes me feel so tit and violated. The path goes right by my bedroom window, so I hate hearing them and their friends walking past at night, it scares me to hear male voices outside my window (and I was robbed recently). Now they have slowly moved all the bins of the flats over to the part of the garden right in front of my front window. They gave themselves this cute pristine front lawn, and moved their bin right in front of my window!!

Last night they'd left their bin out in the street, so I brought it back inside the front garden and put it on their lawn, where it used to go. Today I got home to find it had been chucked on the lawn in front of my flat and was lying on its side! I can't believe this! Why do they think it's ok to give me all the tit bits of living here? I don't like having rows with them, I don't like writing to the council - I'm not some grumpy curtain-twitcher, I just don't feel comfortable accepting the brunt of other people's bad behaviour. It feels like they think of me as someone lesser, who just can be dumped on and that's ok because I'm not worth a nice view or a private flower bed?

I hate having arguments with them, especially since they're so nice to my face, but I just feel so unhappy now that I see their bin dumped on my yard. Everyone else on the street has their bin in front of their flat, but I have all 4 of our bins right in front of mine!
You need to speak up directly. It doesn’t mean yelling but being assertive
---
We're all council tenants. I've never taken in their washing, I think that was a story from someone else (although I am the wallet holder from previous pages). I don't know what more to do though - I'm not necessarily being a doormat when I've asked them a million times not to do something, then asked the council, who have talked to them and they're STILL doing it. I agree that I'm too nice in a way, but I don't know how they sense that or what more I can do if I move their bin and they move it back, and I talk to them and they say "Ok, sorry" then keep doing the exact same thing 😕
If they keep doing it after you told them directly. You need to ring them and say hey, ive said it twice already. I DONT WANT TO SEE UR BINS IN FRONT OF MY DOOR. IS THIS UNDERSTOOD OR NOT??????
---
Some people need to be scared of u to respevt u
---
My aunt is a bit of a batshit banshee and flies out her front door to shout at people when they’re doing something she doesn’t like (kids drawing on the garage). It’s effective 🤣 sorry I got you confused! You’re both too nice for some people!!
---
People who swear in front of kids… more importantly parents who swear in front of their kids.
I was at the soft play earlier in the week and there were two parents chatting to each other, talking about the kids:
P1: he starts nursery soon but he ain’t talking proper yet, he just tells people to duck off
P2: haaa, that’s what mine says, she says duck it, she says it in context!
what is so funny about this? Your child can’t string a sentence together but can tell people to duck off, and yours says duck it? How about not using that kind of language in front of them and actually talking to them in sentences to improve their language skills on the whole? Tossers.
Ive seen worse. I saw a parent being annoyed by their child around 5 or 6 and saying: Ill fcking kill u! Do it again and ull see!! Im not fcking with u anymore witch!!!!
Like talking to a child as if it’s an adult that u hate.. i was shocked
---
Update: I sent the stoned woman a very nice message saying that usually people have their bins in their own bit of garden so I'm not sure how I ended up with all the bins [laugh emoji] and oooh, she's defensive. She said she did move her bin there but "the bins can go where they want" (as if the bin wants to exercise its free will to be there) and she's pretending she doesn't know what I mean because she's saying they're not "right in front of my window" because they're not literally touching the front wall. She keeps repeating that she doesn't know what I mean because she can literally see that they're not "right outside my window". witch.

The horrible thing is, she's crazy enough to get REALLY nasty if I ask her to move the bin, so I don't even want to do that.
Sounds like a nasty piece of work. Don’t think you should back down though. If it were me I’d put something else underneath the window so there’s no space for anyone’s bin
Then put all the bins in her way. Then we’ll see if she likes it. If it goes back to u put it back again and again and again. At some point she’ll see u and u say well i dont see the issue the bins do whatever they want!
---
I want to rant about periods. I’m tired of it. Like I just hate having to deal with pain and will have to for decades. So UNFAIR!!!!

Last edited:
No you’re not being over sensitive. Wanting to matter to others is a perfectly reasonable and it is hard.

Pretty sure there would be groups for pregnant women in your area you could join. Maybe also have a look here.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I really would like to go to this place which offers holistic therapy packages but its soooo expensive and sooo far away - driveable but a full day trip.

Im at the stage of depression where I will try ANYTHING to help, but I am so unmotivated to actually do anything about it. Nothing local compares either!

In better news I have an interview this week for a job.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ok, I've consulted a monk about InkHeart's problem and this was his reply - which was basically what a wise old friend told me years ago when people were pissing me off and yes I have to admit it worked until I forgot.
Oooh, first time I've got a reply from a monk, thank you!
---
I really would like to go to this place which offers holistic therapy packages but its soooo expensive and sooo far away - driveable but a full day trip.

Im at the stage of depression where I will try ANYTHING to help, but I am so unmotivated to actually do anything about it. Nothing local compares either!

In better news I have an interview this week for a job.
Have you tried googling charitable grants? There are some surprising things out there. I once got a grant for a short break on account of my mental health. If I remember the name I'll send it your way.

Last edited:
I’ve got spots on my face, my tits are on fire and my back hurts like an absolute bleep; where is my bleeping period!
This was me yesterday. Some months it it's fine and then every so often feels like my boobs have been used as punch bags, I get it's the hormones but why do they have to feel so heavy and painful for a few days?! There's no need! 🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve slept for 12 hours both Friday night and Saturday night this weekend. My body must’ve needed it but it’s meant that by the time I’m up, showered, eaten and ready for the day it’s already gone lunchtime! Feel like I’ve lost so much of my weekend and it’s already almost time for work again🙃

Also - FRUIT FLIES😡

Reactions: 6
People who enthusiastically volunteer for something then get colder and colder towards actually doing it before the week is out! leaving you waiting days and hours for messages to actually get this thing done. if you have changed your mind just sodding well say so!!

duck off keep wasting my time.

Back story, I'm trying to find a kind soul to walk a dog twice a week for an old lady I volunteer to help (I'm a companion for the local hospice) . Me Me me !! I will do that it will help me too, get me out with a doggy companion. Neither myself nor my old lady nor her little doggy has the time for you to collect all the kudos over FB for volunteering to do it, but actually, when it comes to it, you don't do it. piss off.

I don't often rage but this tit is getting to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Needed a new set electronic scales saw one this morning reduced, checked receipt we had been charged full price, took it to customer service we don't deal with prices, youre customer services aren't you? Yes but we don't deal with prices I mean wtf
Eventually she decides to go and have a look, no that product is behind the wrong ticket right I will take this one instead then, puts it through the till that was twice the price the ticket says
We gave up got a refund and went somewhere else bad service at its best 🙄

• Sad
So I'm currently working full time while completing my Master's degree. For the entire year I've been working my butt off trying to complete my thesis and everything in time to graduate in October. Filled out my application for the October graduation session, thesis almost done, I was finally starting to relax.
Then yesterday I realized I completely forgot to fill out a survey that was needed to complete my application. I needed to send it in before the 31st of July and I hadn't.
I immediately panicked, filled out the survey, sent an email the student administration office and to my thesis supervisor explaining my mistake and asking what to do next. But obviously it's August so I probably won't receive an answer from either of them until the end of the month.
It feels like I've been having a panic attack for 6 hours. I haven't been able to get anything done.
There's a chance they might go "well you applied and paid the fee so the survey is just a formality, even if you filled it out a few days after the deadline it doesn't matter", but they're probably gonna tell me I have to postpone my graduation to December. Rationally I know it's not the end of the world - I already have a full time contract until January so it's not like I would be missing out on anything by postponing graduation until then. But I'm just so embarrassed and angry at myself because I worked so hard to have everything ready by October and I ruined it with the stupidest mistake ever. Plus my thesis supervisor outright asked us to please avoid postponing graduation because he's very busy and in very high demand as a thesis supervisor, and he has a very strict organization system to make sure he can follow all of his thesis students properly. I just hope he can fit me into his December session.
I don't even have an explanation as to why I forgot to do the survey. I completely forgot I had to do a survey in the first place. I just sent in the application, paid the fee, and that was it for me. I wouldn't even have realized my mistake if I hadn't looked at the uni website page by chance.
I feel terrible and it's so embarrassing to have to tell everyone that I can't graduate in October because I forgot to fill out a form. It's so stupid. And the fact that I won't have a clear answer for like two weeks just makes it worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I strongly doubt you will be the only one, or that it hasn't happened millions of times before, but I know it won't change how you feel. Sending a hug anyway x

Hopefully you are wrong about how long you'll have to wait for an answer. It might be quicker than that, fingers crossed.

And good point from poster above, no way are you the only one!

I’ve slept for 12 hours both Friday night and Saturday night this weekend. My body must’ve needed it but it’s meant that by the time I’m up, showered, eaten and ready for the day it’s already gone lunchtime! Feel like I’ve lost so much of my weekend and it’s already almost time for work again🙃

Also - FRUIT FLIES😡
Sometimes these weekends are needed. It’s still well spent if you feel recovered. Sometimes when I have awful night sleep (18 month old who sleeps very badly) I have a nap when he does 12-2pm 😆 feels like a waste but also if you feel better then it’s not wasted 👌🏻

Sometimes these weekends are needed. It’s still well spent if you feel recovered. Sometimes when I have awful night sleep (18 month old who sleeps very badly) I have a nap when he does 12-2pm 😆 feels like a waste but also if you feel better then it’s not wasted 👌🏻
Oh god I used to love napping when my son did. He’s 4 now and not napped for ages but in the afternoon when he was sleeping I used to sleep too 🙈🥰. Was the best

Reactions: 6
Oh god I used to love napping when my son did. He’s 4 now and not napped for ages but in the afternoon when he was sleeping I used to sleep too 🙈🥰. Was the best
Got to be done especially when he is awake occasionally for 2 hours in the night 🥴 got to catch up somewhere 🛌 😴
---
A rant for today

Useless people giving stupid reviews. Some woman called Lyn gave a fridge freezer 1 star coz she has been ill and hasn’t had a chance to use it yet 😂😂😠

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Got to be done especially when he is awake occasionally for 2 hours in the night 🥴 got to catch up somewhere 🛌 😴
---
A rant for today

Useless people giving stupid reviews. Some woman called Lyn gave a fridge freezer 1 star coz she has been ill and hasn’t had a chance to use it yet 😂😂😠
in my new job last week I did a course on data fluency and you had to use a scenario of you are planning a meal out with a group for your friends birthday - how do you use data to make your decision as to which restaurant to pick.. One of the 3 options was online reviews.. it was meant to work out and illustrate how to interpret data but surely anyone with half a brain doesn't believe a word of customer reviews...most of them are only left by ppl who want to rant and most glowing and positive ones are fake

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.