What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i never eat take away foods, its been years. had such a craving for a chinese take away this evening. one place is closed for the Bank hol and the other doesn’t have what i want lol.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Bin day. Neighbours banging round big bins and glass bottles after 8.30pm is to late imo. Sounds like someone’s trying to break in. Do it earlier maannn😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Spent the whole morning and afternoon cleaning the house and my partner’s brother has wrecked it in the space of 5 seconds! I give up🤷🏻‍♀️ my back is literally in agony from hoovering

It just infuriates me you’re a 32 year old bleeping man, grow up I’m not your mother!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I hate the size 8/10/12 etc. system. It doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason to it.
I can range from a size 6-10 in the same shop with a same item of clothing! It’s ridiculous!!
i'ma 12 but just bought a shirt from M&S that was a size 20 that I'd say fits like a large 12 or small 14. Had a size 22 jacket once that wasn't too large either. I think the problem is that a lot of clothes that are made in Taiwan etc where they don't have any concept of what a UK size is

Reactions: 4
DIDN'T GET THE JOB due to not enough experience ..... how does one overcome this?

• Sad
  • Heart
Watching the second season of Star Trek "Strange new worlds" and I'm NOT enjoying it!!
Season one was fantastic but after 3 episodes of the second season....so screw that, I can
watch that at another time so it's back to my Classic 60's mission impossible boxset!

Reactions: 3
Some ducking idiot about half a hour ago went down our street knocking bins over and kicked someone’s car. The whole street are outside gossiping now . Someone’s rang the police my room is at the front. Blue lights lighting up my bloody bedroom . He was kicking off and shouting his bloody head off. Its Monday night piss off

DIDN'T GET THE JOB due to not enough experience ..... how does one overcome this?
some times thats a cop out feedback line.. I had that once when they gave the job to someone who had only worked in a Wetherspoon. not me with like 20 yrs of admin experience.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Last Friday our bin bags got ripped open by bastard seagulls even though they were covered. I had to go out to an appointment with my 2 year old so I didn’t have time to clear it up immediately, so I left it until I got home. As soon as I got back I cleaned up the mess.

This evening I have had a passive aggressive printed note, with a photo of the mess included, put on my car ranting about how awful I am for leaving the mess.

Why wait 3 days to have a go at me about it when they could’ve knocked on my door and told me, I would have then gone out and cleared it up before I had to leave? These neighbours are just getting bleeping ridiculous.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I am in absolutely the foulest mood I have ever been in. (This story is brought to you by the cost of living crisis.)

I was out all day on a very long trek to pick up some free stuff I needed from a Facebook ad. I had to take two buses and it took over two hours to get there.

The woman giving it away told me (which she had not said in the ad) that it was to go as a job lot - either I took all of it or none of it. Of course everyone always assumes you drive, which I cannot afford to, so I just pointed out to her that I was holding as much as I could physically carry. She asked if I could come back for the rest. I said yes, but I won't - if she can't give it away free, she should pay someone to remove it, not insist a stranger on Facebook take it away for free when they don't need it. The stuff was very, very heavy and I had to carry it myself in Bags For Life that were slowly splitting at the seams.

Anyway, I had to walk a long way, stopping every few yards because the objects were so heavy. By the time I got back to my home town, I had to immediately go to work. I work in an office after-hours, when everyone else has gone home. I still had the heavy stuff and felt so sweaty and gross, and I had torn several holes in my skirt and lost one of my rings, which is a real bummer.

I did my work, then finished about 10pm. The bags were so heavy that I called a taxi from my office reception phone. I waited, then it rang to say the taxi was there. I went outside. The address I had give was VERY clear, the office has the number written on the door and it's a well known street. But the cabbie had parked up at a pub on the opposite side of the street, about fifty yards away. I couldn't run to him because I could hardly walk a few feet carrying the luggage. I stood there waving at him for several minutes, but he was talking to another guy all that time, who eventually got in the cab and drove off, even as I waved my arms at them.

Another cab from the same company also pulled up at the same pub, so I thought maybe the first one had been a mistake and this one was mine. Same thing: bags too heavy to carry and too valuable to leave, so I was jumping up and down waving, trying to get his attention. Eventually a load of people came out of the pub and got in and drove off, so that one must have been theirs.

A cab drove by with its light on, so I hailed it clearly, but it drove past me anyway.

My phone is very badly smashed at the minute. Which I'm also very pissed off about, because I paid £75 for it to have a new screen, which then broke three days after the guy installed it! I have never had a phone screen shatter before, and I didn't do anything to shatter it. The guy obviously used cheap crappy glass, but I'm £75 out of pocket and now my phone totally doesn't work. It blinks and sometimes the keypad works and sometimes it doesn't. I tried very hard to ring the taxi company, but I couldn't. I tried very hard to contact them online, but I couldn't. The big thing is, I am not allowed to go back into the office after I have left, because it's high security stuff in there, and if you leave, then log back in in the middle of the night, security are going to flag it as a big deal and it can become a whole HR thing.

So I waited on the street. I saw many many taxis going by, but the ones with lights on all drove down other turn offs, so never went past me. I fiddled on my broken phone for so, so long. I was there as the street went from busy to quiet. Quite a few weird looking men walked past me really slowly, eyeing me up. I really wanted to go back inside, but I knew I would get in trouble.

Eventually I just had to go back into the office, which I am likely to get a bollocking for, when my boss finds out. I called the taxi company and told the operator what had happened. I was weary, but didn't raise my voice or swear or anything. The woman was absolutely AWFUL. She told me with a straight face that the taxis record said it had picked me up and dropped me home. She said that like I was at home and too stupid to have noticed it.

I said, "But it didn't, I'm still here."

THEN she said that her records showed that I'd been seen talking to a driver from a rival taxi company, and I got into that taxi. Wtf? I just told her I hadn't.

She said, in a really rude, dismissive way, "Well I don't know why it's taken you this long to call us." You know when people say "I don't know why you did that", but it's obvious they're implying that you did it for some dishonest reason?

I said that my phone was badly broken, and I had had to come back into the office to use the office phone, which I am not allowed to do, because the security system is complex and you're not meant to leave, then come back again.

She said she would send a taxi, but "Just make sure you're there." I said "I was there!" and put the phone down.

I am so bleeping angry. I know I'll get advice like "Why did you give them your money after that", etc, but I was dog tired, dirty, my clothes were ripped, it was scary outside, and I'm autistic so I can get very badly affected by stuff like this, to a damaging degree. I just had to get home asap, because I couldn't even think straight.

So I got in their next taxi, which actually knew how to read the number on a door. I absolutely bleeping hated today. I am so, so angry. It doesn't sound like much of a day when I come to type it out, but I am raving mad, and I know I'm going to get in trouble at work over all this tit, and I know I have to fork out £75 to get a new screen for my phone, which is a huge financial strain because I'm below the poverty line. I don't even have a pair of shoes that fit and don't have holes. My dress is probably a write off. I feel absolutely horrific. I wish I could scream and yell, but I don't suppose that would solve anything!

Thanks, I really needed to get this out.

/rant

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I am in absolutely the foulest mood I have ever been in. (This story is brought to you by the cost of living crisis.)

I was out all day on a very long trek to pick up some free stuff I needed from a Facebook ad. I had to take two buses and it took over two hours to get there.

The woman giving it away told me (which she had not said in the ad) that it was to go as a job lot - either I took all of it or none of it. Of course everyone always assumes you drive, which I cannot afford to, so I just pointed out to her that I was holding as much as I could physically carry. She asked if I could come back for the rest. I said yes, but I won't - if she can't give it away free, she should pay someone to remove it, not insist a stranger on Facebook take it away for free when they don't need it. The stuff was very, very heavy and I had to carry it myself in Bags For Life that were slowly splitting at the seams.

Anyway, I had to walk a long way, stopping every few yards because the objects were so heavy. By the time I got back to my home town, I had to immediately go to work. I work in an office after-hours, when everyone else has gone home. I still had the heavy stuff and felt so sweaty and gross, and I had torn several holes in my skirt and lost one of my rings, which is a real bummer.

I did my work, then finished about 10pm. The bags were so heavy that I called a taxi from my office reception phone. I waited, then it rang to say the taxi was there. I went outside. The address I had give was VERY clear, the office has the number written on the door and it's a well known street. But the cabbie had parked up at a pub on the opposite side of the street, about fifty yards away. I couldn't run to him because I could hardly walk a few feet carrying the luggage. I stood there waving at him for several minutes, but he was talking to another guy all that time, who eventually got in the cab and drove off, even as I waved my arms at them.

Another cab from the same company also pulled up at the same pub, so I thought maybe the first one had been a mistake and this one was mine. Same thing: bags too heavy to carry and too valuable to leave, so I was jumping up and down waving, trying to get his attention. Eventually a load of people came out of the pub and got in and drove off, so that one must have been theirs.

A cab drove by with its light on, so I hailed it clearly, but it drove past me anyway.

My phone is very badly smashed at the minute. Which I'm also very pissed off about, because I paid £75 for it to have a new screen, which then broke three days after the guy installed it! I have never had a phone screen shatter before, and I didn't do anything to shatter it. The guy obviously used cheap crappy glass, but I'm £75 out of pocket and now my phone totally doesn't work. It blinks and sometimes the keypad works and sometimes it doesn't. I tried very hard to ring the taxi company, but I couldn't. I tried very hard to contact them online, but I couldn't. The big thing is, I am not allowed to go back into the office after I have left, because it's high security stuff in there, and if you leave, then log back in in the middle of the night, security are going to flag it as a big deal and it can become a whole HR thing.

So I waited on the street. I saw many many taxis going by, but the ones with lights on all drove down other turn offs, so never went past me. I fiddled on my broken phone for so, so long. I was there as the street went from busy to quiet. Quite a few weird looking men walked past me really slowly, eyeing me up. I really wanted to go back inside, but I knew I would get in trouble.

Eventually I just had to go back into the office, which I am likely to get a bollocking for, when my boss finds out. I called the taxi company and told the operator what had happened. I was weary, but didn't raise my voice or swear or anything. The woman was absolutely AWFUL. She told me with a straight face that the taxis record said it had picked me up and dropped me home. She said that like I was at home and too stupid to have noticed it.

THEN she said that her records showed that I'd been seen talking to a driver from a rival taxi company, and I got into that taxi. Wtf? I just told her I hadn't.

She said, in a really rude, dismissive way, "Well I don't know why it's taken you this long to call us." You know when people say "I don't know why you did that", but it's obvious they're implying that you did it for some dishonest reason?

I said that my phone was badly broken, and I had had to come back into the office to use the office phone, which I am not allowed to do, because the security system is complex and you're not meant to leave, then come back again.

She said she would send a taxi, but "Just make sure you're there." I said "I was there!" and put the phone down.

I am so bleeping angry. I know I'll get advice like "Why did you give them your money after that", etc, but I was dog tired, dirty, my clothes were ripped, it was scary outside, and I'm autistic so I can get very badly affected by stuff like this, to a damaging degree. I just had to get home asap, because I couldn't even think straight.

So I got in their next taxi, which actually knew how to read the number on a door. I absolutely bleeping hated today. I am so, so angry. It doesn't sound like much of a day when I come to type it out, but I am raving mad, and I know I'm going to get in trouble at work over all this tit, and I know I have to fork out £75 to get a new screen for my phone, which is a huge financial strain because I'm below the poverty line. I don't even have a pair of shoes that fit and don't have holes. My dress is probably a write off. I feel absolutely horrific. I wish I could scream and yell, but I don't suppose that would solve anything!

/rant
Blimey, I hate your day too.

that woman sounds like a total horror. What a ballbag of a personality she has. Different cab Company next time! Hope you sleep well at least.

with the HR thing can you explain to your manager asap the situation (you called your cab and it didn’t show and you got concerned for your safety so had to go back in the office) they should be very understanding and not bollock you.

Reactions: 9
with the HR thing can you explain to your manager asap the situation (you called your cab and it didn’t show and you got concerned for your safety so had to go back in the office) they should be very understanding and not bollock you.
Thank you. Yeah I have been thinking of a way to word it that sounds in my favour, so hopefully that will do it. Thanks.

To stamp on an opponent's arse isn't a 'mistake', it's a choice. A mistake is when you say 7x7 are/is 56.
21 is not someone who is young. They are an adult in the UK and USA.

No way should Lauren James be subjected to the sort of treatment Beckham got, with effigies on lampposts and marrying Posh Spice but if the women's team want to be treated and rewarded equally, then she has to deal with some criticism. To say how nice she is, or how young she is is irrelevant. She stamped on an opponent and, like rugby players who get away with murder yet shouldn't, it should hit the headlines.

Her petulance let her team down and could have cost them the match. So face up and own it.

It's basically a preemptive rant on how this will be handled differently in an age of equality (yet I will support it anyway as I don't want anyone to be mauled by the press).

Reactions: 11
i never eat take away foods, its been years. had such a craving for a chinese take away this evening. one place is closed for the Bank hol and the other doesn’t have what i want lol.
I empathise with you. Thats a crisis so it is.

Reactions: 1
some times thats a cop out feedback line.. I had that once when they gave the job to someone who had only worked in a Wetherspoon. not me with like 20 yrs of admin experience.
apparently they gave the job to a girl with more experience with their strategy and software. I'm going to keep looking but this is so frustrating

• Heart

/rant
I just want to say : yeah, you had an absolute horror of a day. I wish I could help in some way. Just want to say that I really hope something good happens for you in the coming days. X

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I know it's not true but a part of me feels as though I'm the only person not able to get it together

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I know it's not true but a part of me feels as though I'm the only person not able to get it together
Trust me, you'll be alright. Unless you've got connections or an extremely extraordinary skill set that's in demand, job hunting is mainly a numbers game. You're getting the interviews so you'll definitely get a job eventually, it's just a matter of time.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.