Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
When they have you as a captive audience they are the worst. The amount that start whittering on about the price of cabbages and then SOMEHOW end up blaming all the "bloody foreigners"
At one time I would argue back, or at least tut if I wasnt in the conversation. Now I just walk away, they are too ignorant to educate, and just twist anything into being a millennial or a snowflake, despite them losing their shit when they are asked to use the digital sign in or a self serve till.

If I didn't have elderly/immune suppressed people I would've gladly let covid sweep through the people who man handle the bread at lidl with their unwashed hands
I bit my tongue I wasn’t giving them any attention at all.
---
Good dog 😌😌😌
Bad family members. Just take the bleeding dog out. Husband sees it at a chore, I see it as minimum 30 min peace and quiet 😌
Speaking of dogs mine woke me up last night just to have a 4 am nibble. Then threw up on my bed as soon as I woke up at 8 am. 😭. She’s really out of sorts this week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Most of the ppl watching were of the female LGBT community or blokes who fancied them,,, it was so slow.. not a bit like the mens game I enjoyed watching at Fulham
This is such a sweeping statement!

The women's game has changed massively in recent years. My daughters' play football and have done for many years, well before the lionesses achieved their euros success and made it more popular for girls to play. We go to watch England play as often as we can and also our local WSL team and many families go to watch now. It is good that women's football is being given more media attention rather than it being just a "mens game". Watching the England women is certainly more exciting than watching the England men these days!
[/QUOTE]
its more my experience than a sweeping statement.. I wasn't claiming anything other than my own personal experiences watchng and attending womens football matches in the past. I do not recall posting anything against it as a sport and in fact commented about how its popular now and played in schools etc .as I said each to their own but do not expect me to watch as I do not enjoy it

grumpy-nosy-cow

VIP Member
I seem to have very long arms and a long torso. That's were my height is. I have often bought mens clothing just to get the length. My beloved, battered wax Barbor is a mens because it was the only way to get one that didn't finish at my waist. Same with hoodies.
my daughter often buys mens trousers because she has a long torso. she said theyre more comfortable and fit better as ladies ones always feel uncomfortable round the crutch as theyre too short boduwise

Mamacita

VIP Member
Bah, someone advertised something that I really need on Facebook Marketplace and it was free. I messaged and he said I could have it.

I offered to pick it up yesterday but he didn't get back to me. Today he asks me if I can go over this morning, I say yes then he goes quiet on me. When he gets back to me, he says that he's had offers on it, but he'll give it to me cheaper because I was first "£20 if that's ok". I said no, I only applied because it was free. He says no worries, he'll give it to someone else. I tell him you can't give something to someone for free, then charge them for it, it's actually illegal. He says he's not going to give it away when he's had offers for £60 and sends me a load of laugh emojis. I say I realise that, it's just a shit thing to do to me. He gets nasty. I've reported him, I bloody hope they do something about it.

I think it was probably a scam? It seems weird to me that people would offer money for a free listing, and that it happened in the hour between when he asked me to pick it up and now.

I'm left feeling disproportionately tearful about the exchange. I really needed it, I was so happy to find it for free, then he just tried to step on me, assuming that I'd cough up money and be grateful. I'm not going to submit and smile to someone doing that to me. Then he laughs at me. I'm all sad.
Prob a scam but Facebook marketplace is generally frustrating so don't take any exchanges on there to heart.

To be fair if I listed something for free but there were a lot of people who wanted it and were offering money I would also rather sell it. There isn't anything illegal about what he did as far as I'm aware.

flutternutter

VIP Member
Being too organised for my own good.

My car is being collected today for some body repairs so I had taken the hose keys and stuff of the key ring ready for collection. Went out to make a note of the mileage on the car and closed the front door behind me. No house key. 😭
🙈 aw no...

However you've just reminded me about making a note of mileage... ive never done that for years because ive always used a family friend uhhhh

Kim Mild

VIP Member
I don’t know what is going on atm but I am permanently starving. I usually intermittent fast but I get so hungry that I feel sick and have to eat. It’s not a normal “hmm I’m a bit peckish” it’s permanently ravenous. I can have Last night I had a full Sunday dinner and was starving not even an hour later
Are you drinking plenty ? It could be dehydration

FlyingGirl4

I had to google it, basically go into your account, then settings, then postage and turn off the Inpost options. A warning comes up saying you’ll limit your buyers but I don’t care at this point!🤣
Thank you!! Neither do I 😂 there’s always a bloody queue for them too x

Usagisakura90

Chatty Member
My husbands ex, he still pays maintenance for his youngest every 1st of the month and every month a couple of days before the messages start when am I getting money, what time will it be in then from 6am on the 1st why isn't it in yet
He's just had another one now trying to guilt trip him in to paying early, he doesnt get paid until tomorrow,
then when he doesn't respond I'm reporting you to csa, the thick mare doesn't even realise there is no active case against him because she didn't reapply when it all changed years ago
I'm so sick of it it's not like they are a little kid the are 18 soon and shes not even encouraging them to get a job and start supporting themselves, by the time I was 16 I was working full time and going to college on my day off.
I know it's nothing to do with me but it winds me the fuck up
Doesn't child maintenance end when they turn 18?

My ex is always moaning that he wishes it was like 15/16 that way he can stop paying in 4 years

kendallroysdownfall

Chatty Member
Maybe meet in the halfway, 50/50: Go to work but pretend like you're unemployed and do a really, really half-arsed job 😁
Difficult to get away with in my job...but could be an interesting challenge. It would definitely be far more interesting trying to achieve the half-arsedness than trying to achieve the outcomes of the role itself!

flutternutter

VIP Member
That annoys me so much too. Pure laziness. My husband’s car was dented when someone did that, then she cried and said it wasn’t her fault when he pointed out what she’d done.
Uh mine was too! This bloke watched it blow into my car and didnt stop it... by his account.

I asked the supermarket where the trolley ppl were because the entire place was a shitshow and got a mouth full of abuse

• Wow

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
No you’re not being over sensitive. Wanting to matter to others is a perfectly reasonable and it is hard.

Pretty sure there would be groups for pregnant women in your area you could join. Maybe also have a look here.

• Heart

WeHadFunRight

VIP Member
I am the boring nit picker who raises an eyebrow at suspicious information touted as fact. As a relatively new mum I have obviously been bombarded with suggestions on what food / classes / toys are needed to raise a well balanced child.

Some of the most frequently touted modern parenting information is utter bullshit. Completely fictional in most cases and based of wafer thin evidence that doesn't have statistical relevance, but somehow it's all over the internet as fact.

I honestly think we are seeing the products of modern parenting emerging and it's not looking great.

I think a lot of the studies are looking for what makes children happier, but in the long term really doesn't help them. I think if you want happy kids it probably works fine, but if you want them to become happy adults it doesn't. Just my novice parent take on things.
Can you give examples of what you are talking about? I’m interested in your view and think I agree, I’m just not sure of what exactly you mean necessarily.

Last edited:

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
Not a rant , just a pity post. <plays tiny violin>

I have covid and feel shocking, supposed to be going away on Saturday.
If it’s any consolation, I felt shocking for three days, then it was gone. Still had a bit of a cough.
Try to sleep it off if you can. Hope you feel better soon 😊

• Heart

Mamacita

VIP Member
Whilst I didn't actually ask for anything, my aunt did see a few bits (vacuum and a halogen oven) that she thought I might need. We went to have a look and paid. No begging.

Shoe shopping. I need trainers with velcro due to my disabilities. Nearly every brand stops at 2.5. Going to have to order a new pair of the ones I currently have I think.
I've seen some adidas youth shoes with velcro. They go up to 6.5 as I often get the teenager shoes there

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Men drivers again ! Pulling up to some traffic lights and they had just turned to green so I accelerated and set off. Blaring horn to my left and a small sporty looking car is bearing down on me, he must have jumped the lights just as they were turning red. I floored the car to get out of the way, fortunately I was at the front of the queue so no danger of rear ending someone.
On the way home on the country roads I come up behind a van following a tractor. Screech of brakes and a cloud of dust and a car comes past me going like a rocket. The drivers realises he can’t get past me, the van and the tractor so forces me to slam on while he tries to pull in infront of me.
I’m slowly starting to hate driving 😞
Join the club 🙄🤷☹