Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
Just wanted to update you guys that I had my interview yesterday and was offered the position this morning😊 really pleased! Like I said, not the job or pay I wanted or know I can get but it’s a foot in the door and my first full time role😃 proud of myself, although I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t crapping myself with anxiety over the thought of long 12 hour shift patterns and night shifts🙃
Congrats!

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Melian

VIP Member
Having a power cut. No electricity apart from lights due to something tripping. Had to ask my parents for hot water to have a cup of tea.

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
Men drivers again ! Pulling up to some traffic lights and they had just turned to green so I accelerated and set off. Blaring horn to my left and a small sporty looking car is bearing down on me, he must have jumped the lights just as they were turning red. I floored the car to get out of the way, fortunately I was at the front of the queue so no danger of rear ending someone.
On the way home on the country roads I come up behind a van following a tractor. Screech of brakes and a cloud of dust and a car comes past me going like a rocket. The drivers realises he can’t get past me, the van and the tractor so forces me to slam on while he tries to pull in infront of me.
I’m slowly starting to hate driving 😞
Sounds like it must have been quite scary for you on both occasions

xx3221

VIP Member
My period is 3 days late and I have a busy weekend. Needed it to come and go by now 🤷‍♀️

Melian

VIP Member
MY GP refusing to prescribe something else. Instead I'm just expected to visit every chemist until I find what they've prescribed me.

I'm on holiday. I don't want to spend it going around chemists.

cowtastrophe

Chatty Member
Ranting about myself really

I have my maths exam this week and I have been revising for over a month, I can't fail it I have paid £150 to do it and I need the grade

I'm fine watching YouTube videos on past papers and doing the answer before they do the answer themselves

But when I do a paper myself my brain just blocks - and its stressful as I know it - I'm not the best and have Dyscalculia something an online exam can't help with.

When I sat the exam in March when I was very unwell (later found out I had sepsis with my kidney stones) I was 3 underneath the pass mark. I just can't get past the brain block 😒.
Good luck!

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
New thread here ...

Custard cream

Just wanted to update you guys that I had my interview yesterday and was offered the position this morning😊 really pleased! Like I said, not the job or pay I wanted or know I can get but it’s a foot in the door and my first full time role😃 proud of myself, although I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t crapping myself with anxiety over the thought of long 12 hour shift patterns and night shifts🙃
Congratulations 🥳

• Heart

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Just got the results

I failed.
aww i'm so sorry. i think i have mentioned this before but When I did my exams at school the entire class failed English Lit.iDK how that happened . I had heard that in some schools they had been taught the wrong books etc in other years but not with us. Then when I got to Uni in our Media finals we had lots of questions on the media in Eastern Europe, we had had one lecture on it which consisted of a lad whose father was some kind of Eastern European ( i vaguely recall Polish) and based on his experience of going there on holiday and watching their tv and radio etc..I kid you not. This was decades ago and i still am angry about it. This combined with another misfortune meant i got a lower class of degree that i deserved or expected.

(other misfortune was my final dissertation was meant to be marked by a professor who always gave me excellent marks. She was quite elderly and had to take leave when her husband got ill. I was then allocated another professor and she was the one who hated me because i once wrote an essay arguing against Jane Austen - even though cogently reasoned and with evidential /examples.I though we were entitled to our opinions and experiences if we made a case and backed up with examples and no factual errors. One of my study group once wrote an essay on Wuthering Heights where he argued that to him Cathy was Christ and Heathcliff the devil. He often brought his religion into things but was never penalised as we all bring ourselves and our experiences to reading works. That is the point of Uni is it not rather than learning rote)

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
British Gas takes the piss. Got a text from them saying that they've taken it upon themselves to book me in for a smart meter installation in a week's time, even though I never asked for it. And the only way to cancel is by calling them up. Tried a few times already and only seem to get through to an Indian call centre where the line is terrible and their accent is so thick you can barely understand them. They shouldn't be allowed to pull stunts like that.
It would be nice if they came and sorted my smart meter, which hasn’t worked since we moved in here 11 months ago 😞

BonBon27

VIP Member
I get my result for my maths exam next week, I know I failed. The exam was awful the questions were the worst - I'd revised for over a month with the stuff I was told too but when the exam started the questions there was nothing like I'd revised. I put an answer in every box and tried to put workings out but we will see.

I have been trying for 5 years to get into nursing now, 2 years of Access course over covid - given a predicted grade, so i went to uni through clearing came out with a 2:1 hoping they'd take me for nursing with that great grade, I took a maths exam in March but failed by 2 points sat it with sepsis and kidney stones. So I paid £140 to take an online one.

But the universities have to have a maths grade of some sort, if I don't get in this September I have to reapply for next Sept which will be another year. I don't want to have to find a job for year, I have worked so hard and all that is stopping me is maths - even when I did a whole module for maths nursing in my access which I passed.

You'd think the amount of effort I'd put in would mean something with the need for nurses!
Good luck!! Everything crossed for you 🤞🏻

• Heart
Re my mum, I don't feel like I can go no contact yet as there's "no reason" ie she's not doing anything appalling lately. I should have gone no contact when she was appalling following my stepdads death but I felt too cruel as she was grieving. She just wants me to take her to run errands on Sunday 🙄

I've had such a shit day today - period from hell, traffic has been terrible, my ex has been a dick, my daughter started crying as soon as we got home as she hurt herself. It's just constant shit atm 😫😭
Just mute her hope you’re ok

• Heart

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Doesn't child maintenance end when they turn 18?

My ex is always moaning that he wishes it was like 15/16 that way he can stop paying in 4 years
Unfortunately not if the "child" is still in full time education then you have to pay until 21 years old
In our situation now if she puts another claim in to csa she gets 20% of husbands wages and he would have to pay 20% again to the csa for handling it that's 40% of his wages gone

• Wow

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I always thought plus size started at a 12, whilst the UK average is a 16.
---
She looks like a 12 or 14. Clearly not a 8 or 10.

Hope so or its a trip to the post office in town which is a pain
---
People unashamedly staring at you I was literally walking up to the bus and there's a workman doing something on the pavement and he's just literally staring me down so wave at him me being sarcastic as I normally do and even that doesn't guilt him in to not staring at me
It will you will have just got the second delivery message when they took it back to the office. I’m sure it’ll sort itself out this morning.