Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

VIP Member
Last Friday our bin bags got ripped open by bastard seagulls even though they were covered. I had to go out to an appointment with my 2 year old so I didn’t have time to clear it up immediately, so I left it until I got home. As soon as I got back I cleaned up the mess.

This evening I have had a passive aggressive printed note, with a photo of the mess included, put on my car ranting about how awful I am for leaving the mess.

Why wait 3 days to have a go at me about it when they could’ve knocked on my door and told me, I would have then gone out and cleared it up before I had to leave? These neighbours are just getting fucking ridiculous.
Foxes get at our food bin sometimes, they leave the bags and food all over the front lawn, I always clear it up before
I goto work. It's a right pain in the arse, the last thing I want to do is clean up after the foxes. Sometimes the bags and
food are in the back garden which I also deal with.

On the subject of food bins, my not so nice neighbour hasn't washed out their food bin since they moved in a couple
of years ago. I sometimes bring in our bins and theirs because they sometimes bring ours in. These neighbours are
a young couple with a child, they have no idea how to deal with waste management. In fact they don't even mow their
own lawn, someone else does it for them.

Maid22

VIP Member
What's the saying, nowt as queer as folks, we've just visited a couple to see their dogs, we all kinda know the same people, I was shocked when they said a girl ( who I thought was proper down to earth) won't visit them cos they live on an estate?? I was actually gobsmacked!!

Catnmouse

She’s talking out her snooty arse. Covid very much is still an excuse in the NHS. My department has patients calling in sick with covid weekly and it’s not an issue - we reschedule them and offer the appointment to someone on our cancellation list. You did nothing wrong, she’s just being a wee cow.

Hope you feel better soon!
That's really kind of you... I'm wondering if it was because I'm a private dental patient though that she felt able to say that as it was for a clean? Even so it's very disappointing. I'm thinking about emailing them to not exactly complain, but make them feel bad
---
Angry for you! A similar thing happened to me a while ago... I phoned the dr to cancel as although I hadn't been feeling well, when I saw my temp had spiked I thought it best to cancel. So I phoned and she said that as I'd only given an hours notice she was putting me down as a no show. I was gutted because like you say ive been treated like someone who just doesn't show up.

I dont know why they are so snooty but I hope you feel better soon! Xxx
Yeah exactly this, and thank you for the kind wishes xx. I don't want to be treated the same as someone who just hasn't bothered to even phone up to cancel!

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Naaahhh there will always be things that are irritating about a partner but being a bit lazy in terms of cleaning is not a relationship ender. Same way that someone being a good cleaner and useful around the house is not a good enough trait on its own if you hate every thing else about the person 😁

My rant from last weekend that I forgot: bumped into husbands friend and his wife, got talking about babies as our due dates were very similar. All she did was brag about how wonderful pregnancy and birth was, how she was on the exercise bike in the week before birth… whilst mine wasn’t bad at all I was sick a lot but all this woman did was brag how easy she found it all 😵💫 this is not something anyone wants to hear. it annoyed me a lot
I had a boss like that. Super perfect everything. Then panicked phonecall from husband to her work friend who spilled to us all the detail.
She had been rushed into hospital and had nothing prepared for the baby, and he was frantic not knowing what to buy for a baby.
She was such a bitch of a boss that none of us said anything when she came back to work, but just let's say that we looked at her differently. 😄

flutternutter

VIP Member
Unfortunately not if the "child" is still in full time education then you have to pay until 21 years old
In our situation now if she puts another claim in to csa she gets 20% of husbands wages and he would have to pay 20% again to the csa for handling it that's 40% of his wages gone
Would it be cheaper for the "child" to move in with you?

flutternutter

VIP Member
How effing long do casetify cases take to come. Mine is dropping to bits, i ordered a week on monday and its "processing" can you process a bit quicker... its such a bizarre set up, loads of things "out of stock" and yet when you order something seemingly IN STOCK you cant get it?

VIP Member
Not so much a rant but just bloody well annoying.

I post on FB on the news feeds, in the past week ladies have replied to my posts
expressing the desire to be my friend and asking for a friend request. I don't get
that one bit.

Also I've had some friend requests from people I've never interacted with, I look
at their profiles and I'm just baffled why they are sending me a friend request!

I've been posting on FB for years, why this all of a sudden?

VIP Member
They are scammers, loads of them on public groups. They aren’t ladies, they are most likely men, in a room with loads of other men with fake pictures and scripts. Just ignore them
Oh yes, ignore them all but why all of a sudden any why the odd approach of asking for a friend
request?

Rosie glow

VIP Member
So despite trying for the second time to get my royal mail parcel changed to Tuesday for delivery they still delivered it today when I wasn't home
Luckily I remembered to put a note on the door and they left it in my bin as requested 🙄

Emperor

Chatty Member
At least 3 different sources, one of whom is the individual concerned. describing Mason Greenwood's behaviour as 'mistakes'. Don't want to breech legal guidelines, but people really need to learn the difference between 'mistakes' and 'choices.'

InkHeart

Chatty Member
Prob a scam but Facebook marketplace is generally frustrating so don't take any exchanges on there to heart.

To be fair if I listed something for free but there were a lot of people who wanted it and were offering money I would also rather sell it. There isn't anything illegal about what he did as far as I'm aware.
There is, you can't advertise a product for a price, then change it at the time of sale. It is illegal, the same way that selling a product that is not what's advertised is illegal. I realise there will be no way to enforce that on Facebook and that's not why I'm upset. I just brought it up to drive home to him that it was a shitty thing to do to me.

Last edited:

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Being too organised for my own good.

My car is being collected today for some body repairs so I had taken the hose keys and stuff of the key ring ready for collection. Went out to make a note of the mileage on the car and closed the front door behind me. No house key. 😭

flutternutter

VIP Member
Can confirm it does take months unfortunately. I was just short of 3 months from the day I was offered the job to the day I started. A friend of mine was 5 months. It’s a similar length of time even when you’re already employed by the NHS and going for an internal role. It’s shit having to wait so long but it’s worth it as once you’re in, you’re in, and it opens the door to a lot of internal opportunities.
...and here's me checking after 10 days why I haven't heard anything