Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
T.O.M cramps are REAL. I realllly want to eat the whole bag of cheese and onion kettle crisps that are in the cupboard, they are calling me. But I desperately want to lose as close to 3 stone as possible before the year is out. I just stood in my underwear infront of the mirror. I'm drinking a pepsi max with lots of ice instead 🥲
Pepsi Max is elite though. I also feel tha pain of wanting to eat all the shitty foods when it’s T.O.M and wanting to loose weight. Not sure why I can’t crave healthy food like carrot sticks instead of chocolate brownies or cake

Reactions: 1
Don't suppose we have any legal/HR experts on here? If a role changes significantly from what you were told at interview and before accepting offer and signing contract , would you be in deep shizz if you turned round and withdrew? Reason being my new role yet again (sorry if i sound like a broken record at this stage) I applied for this role because all indications were that this company paid more for the equivalent to my last job. When it came to interview I was told about the role , what it would be, their hybrid working rules , dress code etc.On accepting at offer stage i was aware that the role would be several thousand less then my previous and that the commute would be a lengthy nightmare but I was inclined to suck it up for a year or so (the amount of time they make you wait before applying for another internal role) as I'm told promotion prospects are good and the people seemed ok.

About a week before I am due to start I get informed that I will be working under a different manager/for a different exec than i interviewed with and yesterday I get informed that on my first day I will be informed of dress code, hybrid working rules etc. (Never a good sign when a man wants to tell you about these thing as they tend to be more rigid)I have already checked this with HR prior to signing and they seemed reasonable - 2 days per week in office, rest WFH/hybrid and a fairl smart casual dress code - pretty similar to my previous employer. I cannot afford to buy more clothes or attend more than the minimum (especially not with such a huge wage cut) and I am very wary of the fact that this might be them doing another 180 and shanghaing me into terms i never agreed with that i would not have accepted.Seeing as they have already done me over about who i would be working with. The area is dangerous also as I discovered when doing a recce of office location and definitely not somewhere i feel comfortable when it gets dark later in the year (TBH i feel unsafe during the day).Also the role has changed from what it was described as at interview and become more of a step backwards in my career progression.

I am wondering if i would be within my rights to say the job wasnt what it said on the tin/not what i signed up for and withdraw or if I would be sued for breach of contract

Even if you have signed a contract you can withdraw.

Meringue22

VIP Member
Oops, sorry 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣 I’ve been living under a rock. I come alive at night so just catching up on all the latest. I had to even google who this woman was. Madness. Thanks for letting me know.
That’s ok! I hope you’ve caught up on the goss

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
I've witnessed someone have a full on picnic at the cinema before. The noise of cans opening, the loudest crisps ever! Torture
One man took a phone call in one screening I was in! There was only three of us there though.

It was the the man with the iron heart.

• Wow

Deeznutslol

VIP Member
I hate the size 8/10/12 etc. system. It doesn’t seem to have any rhyme or reason to it.
I can range from a size 6-10 in the same shop with a same item of clothing! It’s ridiculous!!
I’m the exact same, the clothes in my wardrobe range from about size 6-10. I’m 5’7, so taller than average but not really tall, and if I do my measurements I’m a size 6-8. However I often find myself buying larger clothes because when I try on a size 6/8, they always come up way too short on the sleeves or legs and it looks comical. The worst is summer dresses, they’re always so short on me that I end up showing off my arse to the world.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
My family were talking about doing this thing and I said I wasn't really bothered about doing it . So my husband has booked to do it and asked the teenager if they want the other slot to go. So I'm stuck with the little kids while they go off.
I would go now. I'd rather take a couple of hours out my day than be left out.
Tldr - I find it rude to arrange to do something you know someone else wants to do without them .

I'm still fuming . My 5 year old was mentioning doing this activity and saying they wanted to try ( although they might not enjoy it) and saying they wanted to go out in daddy's car . And he's arranged it without them . Hes took holiday from work to do it without yhe little ones. And without me.
There are currently slots available, I've half tempted to book it too. Though I think the smallest child might not manage to behave for it as they will likely be uninterested.

Apparently, the teenager wanted to go . I said without everyone else? Or did the teenager just agree when you suggested it?

Last edited:

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
People thinking it’s acceptable to come up
to me and tell me I look “pale, thin and anemic”. I don’t put weight on easily and struggle with my appetite so often go through periods where my weight goes quite low, but I think it’s just so appalling to actually point that out to someone.
I’ve had it off 3 separate people in the past week now and it’s doing my head in, I wouldn’t go up to someone and say “omg you look really overweight and diabetic” because it’s totally rude and unnecessary.
Are these people you’d consider close to you?

Practice your reply if it happens again ‘ I don’t appreciate your opinion and I find it unnecessary and rude’.

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
I know what you mean 😭
This is exactly what “pick me” is like. She doesn’t even work with my client, she’s an admin person, but she keeps poking her nose it for brownie points !
to be fair as an "admin person" quite often you get set stupid objectives or have to comply with company goals which you have to go out of your way to try and fulfill. its a role that is hard to quantify in results and objectives so we have to do all we can to try and add value/come up with things.. not saying shes not a pain though.. she could well just be annoying

Avenged7Fold

VIP Member
Rant or unpopular opinion but are we STILL doing anthracite windows? On the right house yes... but why oh why must you do it on an ex council house. It looks so out of place. The houses already have anthracite bloody roofs and now its like a dark hovel! Grey scale lives 🤣
I’ve got anthracite windows on a new build. They are white on the inside. I like them. The roof is red and the bricks are a buff colour.

Kim Mild

VIP Member
They can try but they wouldn;t get far/past me. On one of my stints at M&S we had a customer come to the till with a pair of womens shoes. There was no way on Gods green earth they were only £10. What the dumb customer didn;t realise was it came up on the till as womens slippers because thats obviously what she'd peeled the label off. Of course we were not allowed to say anything but boy did she get a sarcastic I think that must have the wrong label on spiel from me as if to say i know your game madam nice effing try
When we knew people were trying it on with the wrong label when I worked in retail, we would pretend that one didn't scan.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
Moving house. Or not in my case. My buyers pulled out today as we apparently couldn’t agree on a completion date. The truth is they weren’t happy with the suggested date and wanted me to move out asap when I have nowhere to go! Good fucking riddance. I’m glad I stood my ground
oh no, Im so sorry xx

Kim Mild

VIP Member
My family were talking about doing this thing and I said I wasn't really bothered about doing it . So my husband has booked to do it and asked the teenager if they want the other slot to go. So I'm stuck with the little kids while they go off.
I would go now. I'd rather take a couple of hours out my day than be left out.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Cheese scone, plain scones, fruit scones are all fine but what's with putting chocolate and similar things in them now? They're nice but we know it doesn't stop there. They'll soon be covered in chocolate, icing with flakes sticking out of them. They're sacred! When you don't fancy a cake or a meal, just a simple choice without taxing your already frazzled brain 😡
Oops! Is using scone mixture as a pizza base allowed? I'm guilty of this one.
Only did it once, though, as it felt like heresy.
Was nice, though 😋
Am currently addicted to Aldi plain scones, but seems every other bugger twigged this before me and they're always sold out, with just the fruity ones left. Who knew I'd like a plain scone?🤷
Chocolate, cheese? Mmm not sure if I'd like those 🤔

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
I think I have the flu 😞 have never felt so bad in my life, I can barely swallow except small sips of water and capri sun then this morning (TMI soz) I have thrush too! Started my dream job 7 weeks ago and already calling in sick, it can’t look good 😞 thankfully they are the loveliest team in the world but ffs it’s so annoying! Sorry to rant, I feel a bit sorry for myself
I had flu once where it was painful to swallow. Warmed up orange juice really helped.

BaxterBillions

VIP Member
We go away soon and of course everyone has worn all the clothes they want to take, I have so much washing and the forecast is rain all week. To top it all my husband left his un washed sports towel in the tumble dryer ??!! 🤷🏼‍♀️ and now despite cleaning and airing the drum stinks.
Tried using bicarbonate soda? That's usually my goto when there's a stubborn funk I can't get rid of.