What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stop trying to make women's football happen. No one's interested. Less sport all round would be great (y)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
I’m not sure if this is a rant but I just want to get it off my chest. Whenever I spend time with my boyfriend, after we go home separately, I always feel really sad? Like I can’t shake it? I always have such a nice time with him then when I’m on my own everything feels flat. He’s only my second boyfriend and I didn’t feel like this with my first one. Please tell me I’m normal haha

Reactions: 2
I refuse to have one, I know someone who’s house burnt to the ground and the fire brigade found the cause to be a faulty smart meter!!
Its not specifically the smart meter though. You can have that with any electricals. I know someone whos house burnt down due to a phone charger and I still have phone chargers all over and charge my phone at will.
A qualified electrician installed a bathroom fan incorrectly in our house causing it to short every time you put the bathroom lights on. Electricity in general is dangerous and can cause fires.

Reactions: 4
Stop trying to make women's football happen. No one's interested. Less sport all round would be great (y)
omg years ago i got cajoled into going with a few friends when our team had a ladies team in some sort of cup final or something.. i cant recall might have been the FA.. wasn;t that interested. It was either against Arsenal or at arsenal idk. It was seriously like watching paint dry. I was more interested in the chupa chup i was enjoying til one of my friends had a strop about my being bored and took it out of my mouth and threw it on the floor. Most of the ppl watching were of the female LGBT community or blokes who fancied them,,, it was so slow.. not a bit like the mens game I enjoyed watching at Fulham

I'm not against anyone playing or watching for that matter. I know its a thing for girls at school abroad - my friends daughter plays regularly but do not try and get us all interrsted beause it is boring af

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I’m not sure if this is a rant but I just want to get it off my chest. Whenever I spend time with my boyfriend, after we go home separately, I always feel really sad? Like I can’t shake it? I always have such a nice time with him then when I’m on my own everything feels flat. He’s only my second boyfriend and I didn’t feel like this with my first one. Please tell me I’m normal haha
Maybe he isn’t the one for you, and only when you are on your own your subconscious is trying to tell you that.

Reactions: 1
I’ve been in a similar situation and I ended up calling it a day on that relationship. I started to think it was my subconscious telling me something was off about the situation.

Turns out I was right. I saw him a couple of weeks later in a social situation and he was horrible. Throwing his weight around like a petulant child because I was in his presence (we share mutual friends). My friend actually said to me at the time that I’d had a lucky escape. It was like he was completely different person.

Listen to your gut, I know it’s cliche but a lot of the time it isn’t wrong.

Reactions: 2
Most of the ppl watching were of the female LGBT community or blokes who fancied them,,, it was so slow.. not a bit like the mens game I enjoyed watching at Fulham
[/QUOTE]

This is such a sweeping statement!

The women's game has changed massively in recent years. My daughters' play football and have done for many years, well before the lionesses achieved their euros success and made it more popular for girls to play. We go to watch England play as often as we can and also our local WSL team and many families go to watch now. It is good that women's football is being given more media attention rather than it being just a "mens game". Watching the England women is certainly more exciting than watching the England men these days!

Reactions: 15
Most of the ppl watching were of the female LGBT community or blokes who fancied them,,, it was so slow.. not a bit like the mens game I enjoyed watching at Fulham

The women's game has changed massively in recent years. My daughters' play football and have done for many years, well before the lionesses achieved their euros success and made it more popular for girls to play. We go to watch England play as often as we can and also our local WSL team and many families go to watch now. It is good that women's football is being given more media attention rather than it being just a "mens game". Watching the England women is certainly more exciting than watching the England men these days!
[/QUOTE]
Totally agree, even as an England fan, watching the men play is like watching paint dry at times. Personally I still think it’s great that women’s football is becoming popular but I think it can be quite frustrating to watch at times, they should get them to play with shorter goals because when they play with the standard size ones, the women are simply too short to even reach the bar. Idk, maybe that’s a dumb suggestion but for me, there’s a huge size mismatch going on between the players and the sheer size of the pitch and goals sometimes which holds back the game.
I think it’s fab that football is being promoted to young women and girls in general these days, my 7 year old cousin loves football and her parents really encourage her to play. Wish I’d have been pushed more to do it when I was younger, but it was always seen to much as a boys game.

And yeah, at the end of the day, if you’re not into women’s football (or don’t like football in general) then you’ll obviously be bored as duck if you go to a match lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have had a virus (poss Covid but testing negative so far) and have felt really rotten the last few days. Was meant to have a dental appointment today but I called to cancel because a) I feel rubbish, and b) I didn't want to be an irresponsible super spreader even though I know it's no longer a legal requirement. Called the practice and the receptionist was really snotty saying that as I'd never had a late cancellation before she'd let it go this once, but if I did it again I'd be charged... I'm like... I am really unwell and if I came into the practice today I would spread all my germs around. And I'm effectively being punished? I was being treated the same as someone who didn't bother to call and say they wouldn't be coming/do not show when actually I'm trying to do the right thing. Really makes me cross. I understand the policy but I really didn't like her tone, was very school marm ish almost telling me off. She was like well if you were sick in bed in might be different... and I'm like, I am sick, I feel awful. She was like "Covid isn't an excuse anymore in the NHS" and I told her that isn't very reassuring. Silly cow.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
Neighbours who park selfishly are annoying.

There are two guys that live just down the road from me. They each have their own car and their drive has more than enough room for both cars. However, because they obviously want the freedom to come and go without either having to move their car, whoever isn't on the drive parks on the road - almost always in a spot that makes it difficult to pass.

How hard would it be for them to just co-ordinate it, or - shock horror - if one of them wants to go out and is blocked in, the other just moves his car? Clearly that's far too much effort.

I don't say anything about people parking on the road if they have no alternative (applies to several houses) but if you've got enough room to park on your drive, you should. (And no, I won't leave them an angry handwritten note. :ROFLMAO: )

Reactions: 6
Neighbours who park selfishly are annoying.

There are two guys that live just down the road from me. They each have their own car and their drive has more than enough room for both cars. However, because they obviously want the freedom to come and go without either having to move their car, whoever isn't on the drive parks on the road - almost always in a spot that makes it difficult to pass.

How hard would it be for them to just co-ordinate it, or - shock horror - if one of them wants to go out and is blocked in, the other just moves his car? Clearly that's far too much effort.

I don't say anything about people parking on the road if they have no alternative (applies to several houses) but if you've got enough room to park on your drive, you should. (And no, I won't leave them an angry handwritten note. :ROFLMAO: )
My neighbours always park like dickheads so I can't park on my road (on street parking only) really annoys me. If they moved their 3 vehicles a couple of inches closer to each other there would then be room for another car to park 🙄 (they have 2 cars and a van)

Reactions: 4
MY GP refusing to prescribe something else. Instead I'm just expected to visit every chemist until I find what they've prescribed me.

I'm on holiday. I don't want to spend it going around chemists.

I have had a virus (poss Covid but testing negative so far) and have felt really rotten the last few days. Was meant to have a dental appointment today but I called to cancel because a) I feel rubbish, and b) I didn't want to be an irresponsible super spreader even though I know it's no longer a legal requirement. Called the practice and the receptionist was really snotty saying that as I'd never had a late cancellation before she'd let it go this once, but if I did it again I'd be charged... I'm like... I am really unwell and if I came into the practice today I would spread all my germs around. And I'm effectively being punished? I was being treated the same as someone who didn't bother to call and say they wouldn't be coming/do not show when actually I'm trying to do the right thing. Really makes me cross. I understand the policy but I really didn't like her tone, was very school marm ish almost telling me off. She was like well if you were sick in bed in might be different... and I'm like, I am sick, I feel awful. She was like "Covid isn't an excuse anymore in the NHS" and I told her that isn't very reassuring. Silly cow.
She’s talking out her snooty arse. Covid very much is still an excuse in the NHS. My department has patients calling in sick with covid weekly and it’s not an issue - we reschedule them and offer the appointment to someone on our cancellation list. You did nothing wrong, she’s just being a wee cow.

Hope you feel better soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Angry for you! A similar thing happened to me a while ago... I phoned the dr to cancel as although I hadn't been feeling well, when I saw my temp had spiked I thought it best to cancel. So I phoned and she said that as I'd only given an hours notice she was putting me down as a no show. I was gutted because like you say ive been treated like someone who just doesn't show up.

I dont know why they are so snooty but I hope you feel better soon! Xxx

Reactions: 5

[/QUOTE]
its more my experience than a sweeping statement.. I wasn't claiming anything other than my own personal experiences watchng and attending womens football matches in the past. I do not recall posting anything against it as a sport and in fact commented about how its popular now and played in schools etc .as I said each to their own but do not expect me to watch as I do not enjoy it

I lathered my face in factor 50, 3 times today. I'm bright red with white rings around my eyes where I've had sunglasses on. I look like a tomato. It stings too.My husband nearly wet himself when he saw me.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
I lathered my face in factor 50, 3 times today. I'm bright red with white rings around my eyes where I've had sunglasses on. I look like a tomato. It stings too.My husband nearly wet himself when he saw me.
Oh dear , that’s not good. Was it last year’s or new, which brand?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.