What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband 🤨.
I've been asking him to put pictures up in the living room for a few months, he's already put them up in the kitchen before and I hated them so we had to fill, sand and paint the holes. He said you'll only hate them. But that's beside the point. I don't know I'll hate them unless their up and I can see what they look like.
Happy wife and all that.
He finally said he'll do it, but asked what he gets in return.
I told him to duck off. I packed them up and said leave it, I don't want them up.
1. A major bleeping ick. Asking for a sexual favour.
2. duck off. I do everything around the house, with the kids, food wise. He just goes to work, clears up from dinner and sometimes watches the kids brush their teeth. They want me for everything else.

It's really pissed me off. All I asked for is some pictures to be put up. He was only sitting down doing nothing. Would take 20 mins, max.

I'm sat in the garden ignoring him now. He's come out and asked where I want them, how high, how far spaced apart. I've just said I don't want them up. I can hear him banging. I know he won't have put them up how I like but I'm not going in there to assist. I'll just take them down later when I decide I don't like them.
My husband was meant to do put up a gallery wall and two shelves for my birthday.

my birthday was in March I currently have one shelf up.

I am getting a handy man in to do the rest including shelves up in the bedrooms and our en-suite and painting because omg he won’t ever do it

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Not a rant , just a pity post. <plays tiny violin>

I have covid and feel shocking, supposed to be going away on Saturday.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

If it’s any consolation, I felt shocking for three days, then it was gone. Still had a bit of a cough.
Try to sleep it off if you can. Hope you feel better soon 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 1
My not so nice neighbours, weeds growing out of their DRAINS!! They haven't been bothered
to pull them out. Last week a family member come and mowed the lawn because the man of
the house is a lazy fucker.

My dad got a text off of my aunt to say that my cousin (40 years old may I add) is getting married and doesn't want us to "find out via Facebook".

Wouldn't have even cared if he had text us to say it's an intimate ceremony so not much room for guests (fine by us as we aren't massively close anymore), just feels like such a cop out to get your mum to send it when you're a grown-ass man. He also didn't even let us know he was engaged so I assume he's eloping so it all makes sense and of course we wouldn't have been upset if he had simply told us himself.

My dad's really offended as for the majority of my cousin's childhood he was living under the same roof as my dad and yet he won't even return a text message from my dad. I'm not jaded and I can always see when my dad has been in the wrong but there hasn't been any arguments or fall outs and so we have no idea why he won't speak to him. He doesn't have a dad of his own so for his childhood my dad was his only male influence and absolutely reaped the benefits of being the only nephew of a child-less uncle until I was born when he was an adult, being taken to football matches and all sorts and getting given anything he wanted for Christmas and birthdays.

I just feel so awful for my dad and can't wait to cut his awful family out of my life entirely, bar my nan who is the only half-decent one of the lot of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I want to rant about me and how I’ve felt guilty because I’m off work due to being ill (sickness bug). All I’ve really done is binge watch a series and lay in bed.

I feel so rundown due to work and I’m here feeling like tit but feeling terrible that I’m not in work. Hate being so conscientious 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10

I almost forgot about Covid, but I hear it is still lingering about, especially the past few weeks.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can you take it further?
---
People who get on their high horse and write bleeping essays on certain threads 🙄 BORING
I hate essays on threads in general but it’s always the same people 😂😂 I just roll eye and think not again

• Haha
Trying to book a soft play for my daughters birthday party and so many places charge for adults too. I know I shouldn’t be surprised as have to pay for myself when I take my daughter but still think it’s a cheek! Just include it in the party price!

Reactions: 6
Evri again, takes photo, rings bell, fucks off before I get to the front door, I was in the kitchen
at the time and it only took 3 seconds to get to the door. Useless wankers, give them some
nasty feedback too. I even unlocked the front door because I was expecting a delivery.

Reactions: 2
British Gas takes the piss. Got a text from them saying that they've taken it upon themselves to book me in for a smart meter installation in a week's time, even though I never asked for it. And the only way to cancel is by calling them up. Tried a few times already and only seem to get through to an Indian call centre where the line is terrible and their accent is so thick you can barely understand them. They shouldn't be allowed to pull stunts like that.

British Gas takes the piss. Got a text from them saying that they've taken it upon themselves to book me in for a smart meter installation in a week's time, even though I never asked for it. And the only way to cancel is by calling them up. Tried a few times already and only seem to get through to an Indian call centre where the line is terrible and their accent is so thick you can barely understand them. They shouldn't be allowed to pull stunts like that.
Probably a scam text.

It would be nice if they came and sorted my smart meter, which hasn’t worked since we moved in here 11 months ago 😞

It would be nice if they came and sorted my smart meter, which hasn’t worked since we moved in here 11 months ago 😞
Yea they cant fix my smart meter... first person literally ran away before it connected, 2nd never turned up. Then i gave up. Sod them! Why should i spend time chasing them!

Probably a scam text.
Nah, it is legit as it's on my online account. After having a quick google it's apparently one of BG's little tricks and if you miss the appointment they may even charge £30 for the priviledge, though I'd like to see how it would stand in a county court.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4
Yea they cant fix my smart meter... first person literally ran away before it connected, 2nd never turned up. Then i gave up. Sod them! Why should i spend time chasing them!
I refuse to have one, I know someone who’s house burnt to the ground and the fire brigade found the cause to be a faulty smart meter!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
The fact EVERYONEE seemed to be/want to be an influencer🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 even worse when they’re all fashion ones claiming to be size “12-14” when they’re a definitley a 16 minimum😬😬😬😬

• Heart
I refuse to have one, I know someone who’s house burnt to the ground and the fire brigade found the cause to be a faulty smart meter!!
It was already in when we bought it. The meter is outside so hopefully we are ok !

Why do tiny country lanes have the national speed limit, especially when two cars don’t fit next to each other? Scratched my car beyond belief because two cars coming in the opposite direction went speeding past the passing bit on their side.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
First time commenting here. But I’d like to rant about that ridiculous Ashley Look At Me tiktok trend. It’s all over Facebook and Instagram reels and it’s bleeping stupid and annoying, and it’s practically every other reel when I’m scrolling through them - even though Ive started immediately swipe them off, which usually will make the algorithm stop showing you that type of content pretty quickly , I’m STILL getting four or five one after the other.

And the people in them aren’t doing anything that “goes” with it either, like other trends on tiktok. I saw one before I started swiping them away at lightening speed and it was just a group of random middle aged women waltzing down a street. Others are just doing nothing. Just sat around.

I don’t even usually notice the tiktok trends like this but I can’t seem to escape this one without avoiding social media altogether 😂

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.