What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not so much a rant but just bloody well annoying.

I post on FB on the news feeds, in the past week ladies have replied to my posts
expressing the desire to be my friend and asking for a friend request. I don't get
that one bit.

Also I've had some friend requests from people I've never interacted with, I look
at their profiles and I'm just baffled why they are sending me a friend request!

I've been posting on FB for years, why this all of a sudden?
Me too I've had loads and it is so weird, no mutual friends or anything idk why they keep adding me.

Reactions: 1
I’ve picked up some bug, haven’t eaten all day so feel a little bit hungry and my husband has just cooked steak and chips for his dinner. Pretty sure if I eat anything though it won’t end well 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 4
People on fb marketplace. Why are they so bleeping annoying 😂
I listed a couple of things for free, just wanted them gone. Said collection only. Because why would I go out of my way to deliver something that im offering for free! (Is that tight of me?😂) Someone messaged saying he wanted them, so I gave my address and asked what time he’d be coming. He replied asking “are you sure you can’t deliver”. Yes positive. Anyway we agreed a time. Time comes and he doesn’t appear so I messaged and said let me know if you’ve changed your mind as there’s others wanting this. He replies “I’ll be half hour, does it come in the box? How long have you had it? It does work doesn’t it, don’t wanna waste my time?”

i felt like replying FOR duck SAKE YOURE WASTING MY TIME!! Plus it’s a freebie, why are you expecting original packaging etc, I clearly listed it as used. I listed it for free because I just wanted to clear some space but now I’m wishing I’d actually asked for a £10er or something, at least I’d be getting some cash for answering 7,000 questions 😂
People like that are the bleeping worst.

My moan is that I’ve still got to wait weeks to find out if I am the one being made redundant at work. I just want to be out of my misery.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I listed a couple of things for free, just wanted them gone. Said collection only. Because why would I go out of my way to deliver something that im offering for free! (Is that tight of me?😂) Someone messaged saying he wanted them, so I gave my address and asked what time he’d be coming. He replied asking “are you sure you can’t deliver”. Yes positive. Anyway we agreed a time. Time comes and he doesn’t appear so I messaged and said let me know if you’ve changed your mind as there’s others wanting this. He replies “I’ll be half hour, does it come in the box? How long have you had it? It does work doesn’t it, don’t wanna waste my time?”

i felt like replying FOR duck SAKE YOURE WASTING MY TIME!! Plus it’s a freebie, why are you expecting original packaging etc, I clearly listed it as used. I listed it for free because I just wanted to clear some space but now I’m wishing I’d actually asked for a £10er or something, at least I’d be getting some cash for answering 7,000 questions 😂
A friend of mine started putting prices on things that she was quite happy to give away free.
She said it eliminated some of the time wasters. If someone decent wanted whatever it was she would give it to them for nothing.

Reactions: 5
Somebody on a local FB group posting a ring video and moaning because a dog ran across their grass. Did the dog poop or pee? Nope
It literally ran across it whilst the owner and other dog walked on the sidewalk. Took all of 3 seconds.
So part of the moan was the owner didn’t call it back and they want an apology.
But almost worse than this is the people who AGREE! Am I living in la-la land. Are we now so petty we moan about this?

Anyway I commented that people can come round our house and walk across the front lawn

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My moan today is how long NHS recruitment takes🙃 got a phone call last week telling me I’d got the job and haven’t heard anything since! Tell me what information and documents you need and a start date ffs😫 done some research and people are saying it can take 3-4 months+ and I can’t afford to wait that long. Gonna keep searching for something else and hopefully I find another job because they can stuff this min wage/long hours/night shift one if that’s the case🤣🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
My moan today is how long NHS recruitment takes🙃 got a phone call last week telling me I’d got the job and haven’t heard anything since! Tell me what information and documents you need and a start date ffs😫 done some research and people are saying it can take 3-4 months+ and I can’t afford to wait that long. Gonna keep searching for something else and hopefully I find another job because they can stuff this min wage/long hours/night shift one if that’s the case🤣🤷🏻‍♀️
Can confirm it does take months unfortunately. I was just short of 3 months from the day I was offered the job to the day I started. A friend of mine was 5 months. It’s a similar length of time even when you’re already employed by the NHS and going for an internal role. It’s tit having to wait so long but it’s worth it as once you’re in, you’re in, and it opens the door to a lot of internal opportunities.

Reactions: 4

I gave away a load of stuff on a local free fb page last week, once about 10 people had asked to be next in line for each I turned off the comments, but I had tons of people private message me after that! If I’ve turned off the comments and marked it as pending why would they still try and bother me!

Reactions: 2
Can confirm it does take months unfortunately. I was just short of 3 months from the day I was offered the job to the day I started. A friend of mine was 5 months. It’s a similar length of time even when you’re already employed by the NHS and going for an internal role. It’s tit having to wait so long but it’s worth it as once you’re in, you’re in, and it opens the door to a lot of internal opportunities.
...and here's me checking after 10 days why I haven't heard anything

My husband 🤨.
I've been asking him to put pictures up in the living room for a few months, he's already put them up in the kitchen before and I hated them so we had to fill, sand and paint the holes. He said you'll only hate them. But that's beside the point. I don't know I'll hate them unless their up and I can see what they look like.
Happy wife and all that.
He finally said he'll do it, but asked what he gets in return.
I told him to duck off. I packed them up and said leave it, I don't want them up.
1. A major bleeping ick. Asking for a sexual favour.
2. duck off. I do everything around the house, with the kids, food wise. He just goes to work, clears up from dinner and sometimes watches the kids brush their teeth. They want me for everything else.

It's really pissed me off. All I asked for is some pictures to be put up. He was only sitting down doing nothing. Would take 20 mins, max.

I'm sat in the garden ignoring him now. He's come out and asked where I want them, how high, how far spaced apart. I've just said I don't want them up. I can hear him banging. I know he won't have put them up how I like but I'm not going in there to assist. I'll just take them down later when I decide I don't like them.
Command strips. So easy, no hassle, not asking for help, no filling holes.

I can't be arsed with waiting for himself to pull his thumb out either, these are the solution.

Reactions: 1
I hate when people make a thread all about them …. We don’t need your life story when we’re discussing famous people. People love to talk about themselves don’t they 😆😤

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I hate when people make a thread all about them …. We don’t need your life story when we’re discussing famous people. People love to talk about themselves don’t they 😆😤
Yeah it makes it hard to follow the thread. Besides, there are plenty of threads in off topic and advice dedicated to different areas of life where you're welcome to share about yourself.

Reactions: 7
head parents who can’t properly care and look after their babies and children.

breakfast today all three adults got up from their table and left a baby of around 8 months in a wooden Highchair by himself and not secured at all. Why is it my 5yo knew that was a twattish thing to do but they didn’t? Poor little thing was screaming his head off, then when they came back they just shouted at him for crying. Just awful.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I'm having a really tit Monday morning and I just want to cry. I've been awake since 3.50am as someone was revving a motorbike out the back at that time. It pissed down when I was walking into work so my hair looks like a frizzy mess. I made a cup of tea to then only spill the whole thing on my desk 5 mins later and and I've just realised my house insurance expired more than a week ago, gone on to do quotes and it's more than double what I paid last year. Give me a break I want to go home, curl up and hide away

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
People writing essays on here every time they post something. Talking paragraphs and paragraphs. A one off, yes, but not every bloody post. It’s like they see it as their role to educate.

Reactions: 9
Why is calling in sick so difficult? My boss bombards me with a million questions and then says are you sure you can’t come in. Yeah sorry let me just stop running to the toilet every 5 mins real quick 🙄
I always hate the build up to calling in sick because I feel guilty anyways and it just makes me feel worse

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Why is calling in sick so difficult? My boss bombards me with a million questions and then says are you sure you can’t come in. Yeah sorry let me just stop running to the toilet every 5 mins real quick 🙄
I always hate the build up to calling in sick because I feel guilty anyways and it just makes me feel worse
They really shouldn’t do that. Shocking! As if youd all of a sudden go ahhhh now you’ve asked 20 questions I’m going to come in instead you’ve convinced me 😃. Nob heads.

Reactions: 13
People walking in couples along the pavement and not letting moving aside to let anyone else past I've only walked 5 mins to the bus stop and 2 couples have already tried to push me on to the kerbside because they won't walk single file past me
---
I had a manager ages ago she didn't like me anyway buy I did my back in at work one day I mean I could barely move and I said I was going home sick oh no you can sit and work on the till instead

• Wow
Reactions: 12
head parents who can’t properly care and look after their babies and children.

breakfast today all three adults got up from their table and left a baby of around 8 months in a wooden Highchair by himself and not secured at all. Why is it my 5yo knew that was a twattish thing to do but they didn’t? Poor little thing was screaming his head off, then when they came back they just shouted at him for crying. Just awful.
It’s these twats that conceive easily and don’t deserve kids but those that would adore a baby have a really tough time and face infertility🥲

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.