What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had forgotten about them, saw and advert for them on my FB page, thanks for the reminder.
I’ve just investigated them further and it seems the flavours are a bit different which is weird. A king size Bombay bad boy with ALL the hot sauce is my guilty PMT pleasure a few times a year. Doesn’t look like it comes potless which is a bit tit! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’ve just investigated them further and it seems the flavours are a bit different which is weird. A king size Bombay bad boy with ALL the hot sauce is my guilty PMT pleasure a few times a year. Doesn’t look like it comes potless which is a bit tit! 😂
I noticed that too when I had a look on Pot Noodle website.

Reactions: 1
Found a dead dog a few weeks ago. Entirely the owners’ fault. I love dogs and it’s so so upsetting that some dogs don’t get to live their best lives because of irresponsible owners.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
It was an accident but I had a spa treatment a few days ago. When she took off my eye mask she caught my earring in it. Only had the piercing 2 months and now it’s really painful. Changed the earring for the first time today just to try and see what was happening. I think there’s a blood blister(?) under my love but hard to tell. And there was blood on the earring 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Seen a TikTok doing the rounds about how men walking faster than a woman is misogynistic and if they didn't slow down to match your pace you should break up with them. JFC.

tit like this does us no favours.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Found a dead dog a few weeks ago. Entirely the owners’ fault. I love dogs and it’s so so upsetting that some dogs don’t get to live their best lives because of irresponsible owners.
That reminds me of a time I saw a dog shivering and he was with his owner. It broke my heart i told the lady ur dog seems very cold. She said « oh hes gonna be fine » and let him shiver.
Do people think dogs are items? Like wtf. I even saw someone grabbing the leash all the way up almost strangling her small dog to get him in her arms. Why can’t u bend down and get him? Don’t u realize that it could hurt the dog? Do u think a dog is just decoration? duck u

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Its been lovely all week and now, at the weekend the ONLY free time its raining!
I was to drive somewhere out the way to see an old friend and despite being a grown woman, I'm getting the whole "be careful" speech from my mother... 🙄

Reactions: 5
Stupid people going abroad.

Read a story yesterday about a woman who wanted to give birth on a beach so flew to the Caribbean with her husband. Left their 8 year old daughter behind. Ended up giving birth on a boat, couldn't register the baby anywhere and are now stuck out there because they can't get a passport for the baby.

Today I read a woman got into a barny with Ryanair over cabin luggage. Ended up getting removed from the flight. Her sob story was her baby has to have prescribed baby formula so she had to get home as she had run out that day. She hadn't taken any extra with her.

Do people never plan for the unexpected?

• Wow
Reactions: 18

Read a story yesterday about a woman who wanted to give birth on a beach so flew to the Caribbean with her husband. Left their 8 year old daughter behind. Ended up giving birth on a boat, couldn't register the baby anywhere and are now stuck out there because they can't get a passport for the baby.

Today I read a woman got into a barny with Ryanair over cabin luggage. Ended up getting removed from the flight. Her sob story was her baby has to have prescribed baby formula so she had to get home as she had run out that day. She hadn't taken any extra with her.

The first one …. WTF😂!!

I think in recent times people are able to get basically anything they want at a moments notice… there is no waiting or no need to plan or think about what you want to do because everything can easily be fixed. Hop in the car whenever you want to fix X problem that arises…Deliveroo if you fancy fast food…. Amazon if you need basically anything else. Im sure that this has something to do with why people are nob heads 😂

Today I just want to rant about myself. Sorry, I feel like I'm doing so much ranting here in the past 2 weeks, but my schedule has been so stuffed that I haven't had anyone IRL to talk to. This is such a non-problem, but I just need to get it out...

I'm part of a hobby group for about 2 years now. I'm slowly trying to make individual friends there, for one-on-one hangouts and activities etc. With a few people I'm getting there. There is one lady who I asked out for coffee about 3 months ago, she said enthusiastically that she'd love to. We had a coffee date. At the end she said she'd love to do it again.

Today I messaged her asking if she has time for another coffee before summer is over. She said she was afraid not, August was too busy for her, but she hoped all was well with me. It felt really like she was saying "I don't want to hang out with you again."

I know it's very possible that August is completely chock-a-block for her, I'm not denying that at all. I just feel down that she didn't ask how I was or say we could get together later in the year. I know I have a tendency to read too much into things, so it might just be me.

I'm not here to rant about her in any way, I'm just annoyed at myself if I'm not good company, or if I often get upset over something that I read into incorrectly. I had a really tit upbringing that taught me that no one, not even my family, wants to be around me. I've been in therapy for years and gotten a lot better. I now mostly believe myself to be likeable and a good friend... it's just when the slightest thing like this happens, I get so down and feel like I've done something wrong. I know there's no way of knowing what's going on in someone else's head, so I have to make peace with not knowing and not pester them. I'm just here because I need to say that I feel really down.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
NEIGHBOURS, one side decided to share their romance with the street super loud at 11.30 yesterday evening, ok, whatever, enjoy yourself. Other side decided to watch a film with sound system blaring at 5.15 this morning, having to throw clothes on and knock at 5.30 is not how I want to spend my Saturday morning. I can’t cope with this little sleep 😩

• Sad
  • Sick
Today I just want to rant about myself. Sorry, I feel like I'm doing so much ranting here in the past 2 weeks, but my schedule has been so stuffed that I haven't had anyone IRL to talk to. This is such a non-problem, but I just need to get it out...

I'm part of a hobby group for about 2 years now. I'm slowly trying to make individual friends there, for one-on-one hangouts and activities etc. With a few people I'm getting there. There is one lady who I asked out for coffee about 3 months ago, she said enthusiastically that she'd love to. We had a coffee date. At the end she said she'd love to do it again.

Today I messaged her asking if she has time for another coffee before summer is over. She said she was afraid not, August was too busy for her, but she hoped all was well with me. It felt really like she was saying "I don't want to hang out with you again."

I know it's very possible that August is completely chock-a-block for her, I'm not denying that at all. I just feel down that she didn't ask how I was or say we could get together later in the year. I know I have a tendency to read too much into things, so it might just be me.

I'm not here to rant about her in any way, I'm just annoyed at myself if I'm not good company, or if I often get upset over something that I read into incorrectly. I had a really tit upbringing that taught me that no one, not even my family, wants to be around me. I've been in therapy for years and gotten a lot better. I now mostly believe myself to be likeable and a good friend... it's just when the slightest thing like this happens, I get so down and feel like I've done something wrong. I know there's no way of knowing what's going on in someone else's head, so I have to make peace with not knowing and not pester them. I'm just here because I need to say that I feel really down.
I'm sorry you are feeling like this. I have no real advice except to say that I feel exactly the same as you. Sometimes I feel like I'm always the one to make the effort in friendships and if I stop texting people then I never hear from them again. It's tough, but I think it says more about them than you. It's good that you are going out and opening yourself up to make friendships because honestly that is the hardest part. I guess not everyone is going to end up your best friend but if you keep putting yourself out there (as exhausting as it is, I know) eventually you will find your people. I've had to remind myself many times that people are busy but it doesn't help that I'm usually busy with work and other things but I always find the time to text back or plan a date to meet. I think as adults it gets harder when people have children and other commitments. Keep your chin up though lovely, someone will be very lucky to be your friend ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I think it’s great that you are putting yourself out there and trying to make new friends. There’s no way I could do that! I wish I could. The way I see it is that she wouldn’t have agreed to that first coffee if she genuinely didn’t like you or enjoy your company. August is a bit of a nightmare time, what with the school holidays etc so she might just have been busy and it’s not a reflection on you.

The ball is in her court now so to speak, you made an offer and she politely turned you down. So now just let her come back to you. Be friendly when you see her but don’t ask her again as it might come over like you are pestering her. If she wants to go for another coffee then great, if not then that’s ok too. You don’t want people in your life where you are second guessing whether they like you or not.

• Heart

I've had similar experience. The thing I've found is that someone is wanting to be friends but you don't always realise.
I met someone on a 2 hour course who found me fascinating, whilst I was finding another girl fascinating and wanting to be friends. 🙄😄 She disappeared and the original girl kept trying to arrange meet ups with me but it was always too far away from me with my injuries and no transport at the time. A lost opportunity.

Then I belong to a group which was all surface level chat and I felt like I was at arm's length, but then if I missed a few meetings there was uproar - where've you been? and unexpected Christmas cards so you never know 🤷😄

• Heart
Making friends as adults is especially hard. Some people already have a a full circle of friends and family and genuinely feel they have no more to give.

Other times you can meet with people, have a perfectly pleasant time and then think there's no genuine connection there. I did it a coupe of times when my daughter started school. Would go for coffee with the another Mum and then never again.

@InkHeart don't take it to heart. I'm sure it's nothing personal against you.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Rant for today is unfortunately Aljaz from Strictly. I’ve had to unfollow. You would think he is the first man in the world to have a baby and do night feeds. Seriously, every night since the kid has been born he’s been posting bleary eyed stories multiple times a night.

Good god man, whack a bottle in and go back to bleeping bed!

At this stage I shouldnt be shocked anymore by just how stupid people are

Just now in Pret this young Asian woman in her early 20s comes to the counter next to me saying I just bought this mac and cheese and it has meat in it. Of course it has says the staff member its Proscuitto Mac and Cheese. Prosciutto is meat. Girl says I didn't know that. I'm not eating it and then sent to buy another veggy Macand cheese and a hot croissant while the other 2 are thrown away.= one completely untouched.

Lets leave aside the shocking food waste and the fact that she has just wasted what are we talking £12=15 quid? Lets look at what Pret does with their food after the items in the press ..

1 There are labels on the food item boxes themselves
2 the boxes for veggy and vegan hot food are green specifically to make them easily distinguishable for customers
3 there is a massive screen for customers to be able to check all ingredients before purchase should they have any allergies or food aversions
4 failing all that you have a bleeping tongue in your head- if you don;t know JUST ASK! whats prosciutto?

Also this woman probably has a job seeing as how she can drop all that money in Pret on overpriced food... who is employing someone that thick?!!
---
Making friends as adults is especially hard. Some people already have a a full circle of friends and family and genuinely feel they have no more to give.

Other times you can meet with people, have a perfectly pleasant time and then think there's no genuine connection there. I did it a coupe of times when my daughter started school. Would go for coffee with the another Mum and then never again.

@InkHeart don't take it to heart. I'm sure it's nothing personal against you.
i'm with Fenella on this . I personally don't have any friends in this country and haven't made a single one since moving down to London 25 yrs ago. People don't seem to be open to making new friends. I am sure you are lovely. I know it is no consolation but I have had it said so many times by people that I am nice, kind, funny etc etc.. they really don't understand why I dont have friends and quite frankly neither do I

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Back to the subject of BAD DRIVERS

There’s always loads of roadworks by me it seems. There is a formal diversion but also a cheeky diversion if you know the area well, down a small road that is wide enough for 2 cars exactly and that’s it. Very right on the corners etc. cars park all down one side so the new increase of cars means people have to wait. I was waiting at the end and someone came bombing it round the corner, saw me waiting then overlook me and drove STRAIGHT INTO on coming traffic. Good job the other cars were aware and stopped. She had to do the reverse-of-shame out onto the main road 😆 then ended up blocking off more people 😂 if she would’ve paused for 2 seconds she would’ve realised what I was doing

• Haha

I read that and afterwards just sat there scratching my head thinking what the duck is wrong with people?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.