What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always manage to cut my legs when shaving šŸ˜’ Iā€™m too wimpy to wax myself and canā€™t afford to go to a salon every month. Think I might have to embrace hairy legs šŸ˜‚
Iā€™ve got an epilator that pulls them out by the roots. It does sting a bit the first couple of times but you soon get used to it šŸ™‚

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Iā€™ve got an epilator that pulls them out by the roots. It does sting a bit the first couple of times but you soon get used to it šŸ™‚
Noo epilating is awful šŸ¤£ I did it a bit when I was younger, never got used to it

Reactions: 1
Been dismissed by every GP in my local surgery for over 3 yearsā€¦ been trying to get to the bottom of two major issues 1) extreme digestive problems and 2) hormone issues (high prolactin). The fact is that I have serious issues that need investigating but they wonā€™t bother. Iā€™m in agony most days and I canā€™t live like this but they donā€™t care and Iā€™ve tried everything. Iā€™m exhausted. What upsets me is Iā€™ve recently lost my period. Iā€™m only 23 years old and itā€™s gone. Iā€™m not pregnant, in fact I donā€™t think I can get pregnant from all the hormonal issues I have and I donā€™t take anything to impact my periods. Thereā€™s clearly a deeper issue and they refuse to refer me or offer any help besides forcing me to go on the pill even though I want to conceive in the next year. Iā€™ve lost all hope and Iā€™m really struggling. I feel so let down by the NHS. When youā€™re having medical issues you should be able to turn to your doctors but I canā€™t, Iā€™m truly scarred and terrified with how Iā€™ve been treated. Iā€™m just SO upset that they let it get this bad for years and now the consequences are showing. Iā€™m so worried about my health.
Iā€™m so sorry youā€™re going through this. I know you havenā€™t asked for advice but I work for the NHS so thought I could offer some help.

Make a subject access request (SAR) for your GP medical notes. It may take a while, but you will see the information they have for you and should include any reasons they have given for refusing to refer you and why their only solution is the contraceptive pill. You do not need to give a reason why you are asking for your medical records.

You can then use the information within your notes to come to a decision on what your next steps will be. Either move to a different practice or put in a formal complaint about your GP practice to your local health board. Or both.

Unfortunately itā€™s up to us to take our health into our own hands and fight for the treatment we deserve. For every crappy GP there is, thereā€™s another one that will be in your corner. You just have to find them.

I hope it all works outā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Annoying influencer goes for a run instead of gym ā€œso glad I decided to show up in a different wayā€

duck OFFFFšŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ˜”šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

Reactions: 5
So this morning I woke up to a rejection e-mail from a company I did an assessment for, fine whatever - I didn't really want that job anyways and at least I know the deal. Now this second job I've been interviewing for for a month, the HR dept said I'd here from her at the latest today regarding their final decision and it's already 2pm. PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY ALREADY

• Heart
How is it that I'm 19 and randy... Yet theres a grey haired old man in the mirror ? šŸ¤Ø

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Idiotic so-called influencers who shamelessly expose their poor kids for likes on Instagram without a thought on safeguarding them. Iā€™ve reported one z lister today for posting an extremely inappropriate video of their child.šŸ˜”šŸ˜”

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I work for quite a big company- went for an interview/pictures a few months ago to encourage women to join it (itā€™s 88% men) and since they posted it an hour ago Iā€™ve had 12 insta follow request from men, who would have had to specifically look up my name from the article. Men also commented on the company post saying women had no more challenges than men working at said company. I doubt a man they posted would have had to deal with the same amount of creeps trying to delve into their personal life! Itā€™s made me incredibly angry.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I work for quite a big company- went for an interview/pictures a few months ago to encourage women to join it (itā€™s 88% men) and since they posted it an hour ago Iā€™ve had 12 insta follow request from men, who would have had to specifically look up my name from the article. Men also commented on the company post saying women had no more challenges than men working at said company. I doubt a man they posted would have had to deal with the same amount of creeps trying to delve into their personal life! Itā€™s made me incredibly angry.
These type of men are pathetic šŸ™„

Reactions: 4
I have to rant about this! Why do ā€œinfluencersā€ expect to get everything for free in this world? Itā€™s absolutely appalling!

I am dying to find out who this ā€œinfluencer/celebrityā€ is. Does anyone have any ideas who it could be??

The reply from the cake company that I follow on Facebook is outstanding šŸ¤£ šŸ‘šŸ» šŸ‘šŸ»

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
I have to rant about this! Why do ā€œinfluencersā€ expect to get everything for free in this world? Itā€™s absolutely appalling!

I am dying to find out who this ā€œinfluencer/celebrityā€ is. Does anyone have any ideas who it could be??

The reply from the cake company that I follow on Facebook is outstanding šŸ¤£ šŸ‘šŸ» šŸ‘šŸ»
Catherine Tyldesley according to a few videos Iā€™ve seen on TikTok!

Where have you been?! This has been all over social media and tattle. Daily Fail website. Itā€™s Catherine Tyldesley

Where have you been?! This has been all over social media and tattle. Daily Fail website. Itā€™s Catherine Tyldesley
Oops, sorry šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤£ Iā€™ve been living under a rock. I come alive at night so just catching up on all the latest. I had to even google who this woman was. Madness. Thanks for letting me know.

Theres this online friend I have we live in neighbouring countries and we started a bond over our anxieties over the state of our lives. But once I made a couple changes and starting to try to heal myself ive realized that we donā€™t have anything else in common. Not only that but she had a red flag Ive ignored for wtv reason but cant now (her being jealous over a coworker because she was younger and in a higher role and she was happy when she got fired) so I decided to not share my small successes. Not only that but I noticed she is a bad listener and tends to looooooove small talk. If u try to go in depth with any topic itā€™s just not going to happen. She will move on to another topic and itā€™s an endless loop of dull vapid small talk. at one point I didnā€™t answer her for 3 weeks!!! And i didnt even realize it.

anyways she sent me a text saying basically why do u not text me back quickly anymore. Then she ended ranting that her ex bestfriend had ghosted her too and it makes her sad. Idk to me it sounded a tad manipulative. A way to guilt trip me. Well kinda worked I now try to text her so she doesnā€™t feel unloved or something. But itā€™s just painful sometimes

and i also feel like i donā€™t really like her but i also feel i dont have enough reasons as to why i find her so irritating. Like yeah she got jealousy problems it seems and she loves small talk and I find her boring but why do i get so annoyed by her and really just dont like her at all

Reactions: 1
"David Baddiel questions Cillian Murphy's casting as Oppennheimer..."

"Wee Man from Jackass rants ar Hugh Grant cast in Willy Wonka..."

Oh, duck right off.

Acting.
The clue is in the name.
Any actor can play any suitable role if they are good enough/suit the role/bring in an audience.

Can a straight man play a gay guy?
Yes.
Can a non-Jewish actor play a Jewish character,
Yes.
Can a white actor play Bob Marley in a biopic?
No. Of course not. That would be stupid.

I understand representation, etc, but actors act.
That's it.

I'm so tired of this bleeping argument cropping up every few months.
PRAISE THE LORD FOR SOMEONE SAYING THIS/ As someone whose partner has played drug dealers, serial killer and pee dos as you said the clue is in the name ACTING. Is he dodgy af?NO he's the sweetest guy and just a ruddy good actor
---
i adore the Flight Attendant series but if I hear that bloody ringtone one more time.

so no answer today and the workday is over. I'm going to try and move on so I stop stressing but still

• Heart
Reactions: 3
So this morning I woke up to a rejection e-mail from a company I did an assessment for, fine whatever - I didn't really want that job anyways and at least I know the deal. Now this second job I've been interviewing for for a month, the HR dept said I'd here from her at the latest today regarding their final decision and it's already 2pm. PUT ME OUT OF MY MISERY ALREADY
Ive applied for so many jobs recently and had 1 rejection for a job i was perfect for. Had ALL the experience. It was through an agency and going by the fact when I asked for feedback on the initial rejection he cacked himself and said I HADN'T been rejected, I dont fully trust that they ever even saw my application šŸ™„

From my own experience recruiting, you can have the best intentions on deadlines and things just go wrong. Hopefully today šŸ¤žšŸ» you will hear

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.