What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm ranting about myself and my inability to react to danger! Took my children to the park today. I have a leg injury so hobbled there with them and told them I'd be sat on the bench. In the park there were various parents and children, I could see mine the whole time. The others started leaving gradually until it was just me with my children and a couple other kids who i assumed were with this man. The man went over to my son and was watching him and smiling. Then he walked over to watch my daughter on the monkey bars. Finally, the rest of the kids left so it was just me and my children in the park with this random man! It was then that I realised he wasn't a parent but was in the park with us on his own.

I looked around to see where any of his possible children were but there didn't seem to be any (just teenagers out on the field playing football). I wanted to ask him if he had children there but wasn't brave enough. I decided to leave without making a fuss in case he was dangerous. I shouted to my children to come to me as we were going. They ran to me and this man then walked slowly out of the park and towards where the teens were. There is some gym equipment so he went on that. For a minute I wondered what to do whether I should report this. I said to my daughter (who is 10) that I didnt like the look of that man. She said he had kept smiling at her in the park and she thought he was creepy.

I'm annoyed because when he was watching my son I just let it happen
as I assumed he was there with his child and just enjoying watching the children playing. I'm also annoyed with myself that my daughter thought he was creepy and didnt feel she could tell me.

I was on my phone for quite a bit too so feel really neglectful and have reprimanded myself for that. I should have realised earlier and got out of there.

I was in two minds whether to report it, but in the past when I've reported something (including a date rape which I've never quite got over) the police haven't been interested.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
@LydiaDeetzHat I thought you weren’t going to take the role?
---

I can’t speak on GPs or hospital consultants/surgeons, but all the doctors I’ve known working in hospitals have really had an issue with drink and drugs (mostly cocaine).
I kinda had to. PLus I had already signed the contract when some of this crap came out.If i went into a corporate one they prob wouldnt let me take the time off/work hybrid so i can sort out my late parents estates cos that delightful task is still outstanding. I can't go on without money much longer than the 6 weeks I have had in between roles.I knew it was 6k less than my last role and a nightmare commute but every little thing is making me think ifts getting less and less worth the hassle/being skint. ( never a good sign when everyone I spoke to today says they cant afford to eat in the subsidised canteen - red flag ahoy)

I just knew it though. whenever I have to take these jobs for the money they are always a total shizz nightmare. and once again as Blackadder said the devil farts in my face.. rant to come on Thursday as luckily I am off to see Groundhog Day again tomorrow night which will be fantastic .

Reactions: 1
I'm ranting about myself and my inability to react to danger! Took my children to the park today. I have a leg injury so hobbled there with them and told them I'd be sat on the bench. In the park there were various parents and children, I could see mine the whole time. The others started leaving gradually until it was just me with my children and a couple other kids who i assumed were with this man. The man went over to my son and was watching him and smiling. Then he walked over to watch my daughter on the monkey bars. Finally, the rest of the kids left so it was just me and my children in the park with this random man! It was then that I realised he wasn't a parent but was in the park with us on his own.

I looked around to see where any of his possible children were but there didn't seem to be any (just teenagers out on the field playing football). I wanted to ask him if he had children there but wasn't brave enough. I decided to leave without making a fuss in case he was dangerous. I shouted to my children to come to me as we were going. They ran to me and this man then walked slowly out of the park and towards where the teens were. There is some gym equipment so he went on that. For a minute I wondered what to do whether I should report this. I said to my daughter (who is 10) that I didnt like the look of that man. She said he had kept smiling at her in the park and she thought he was creepy.

I'm annoyed because when he was watching my son I just let it happen
as I assumed he was there with his child and just enjoying watching the children playing. I'm also annoyed with myself that my daughter thought he was creepy and didnt feel she could tell me.

I was on my phone for quite a bit too so feel really neglectful and have reprimanded myself for that. I should have realised earlier and got out of there.

I was in two minds whether to report it, but in the past when I've reported something (including a date rape which I've never quite got over) the police haven't been interested.
I don't have any advice - but I will say, don't beat yourself up too much. You weren't to know he wasn't there with a child, and he was relying on the fact that people would assume he would. You took your kids home when you sensed something was off, and you kept them safe.

Not saying he is a predator as obviously I wasn't there etc etc, but from personal experience, people who go after children are masters at hiding it from those around them, and I'm glad you're all okay.

• Heart
My period is 3 days late and I have a busy weekend. Needed it to come and go by now 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Been dismissed by every GP in my local surgery for over 3 years… been trying to get to the bottom of two major issues 1) extreme digestive problems and 2) hormone issues (high prolactin). The fact is that I have serious issues that need investigating but they won’t bother. I’m in agony most days and I can’t live like this but they don’t care and I’ve tried everything. I’m exhausted. What upsets me is I’ve recently lost my period. I’m only 23 years old and it’s gone. I’m not pregnant, in fact I don’t think I can get pregnant from all the hormonal issues I have and I don’t take anything to impact my periods. There’s clearly a deeper issue and they refuse to refer me or offer any help besides forcing me to go on the pill even though I want to conceive in the next year. I’ve lost all hope and I’m really struggling. I feel so let down by the NHS. When you’re having medical issues you should be able to turn to your doctors but I can’t, I’m truly scarred and terrified with how I’ve been treated. I’m just SO upset that they let it get this bad for years and now the consequences are showing. I’m so worried about my health.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
This is outing but I'm pissed off I've broken my ankle and I am useless on the crutches they've given me. I can barely get to the toilet and back. Luckily it's downstairs so I'm living on the couch just now.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
My daughters dad! My Daughter is currently abroad with him and his wife she’s into week 2 with only a few days left and she’s basically had enough and wants to come home, exact same thing happened last year so I did warn her not go this year but she still went and now her dad has said she can come home if she wants but asked me to pay for the flight?!! 😠 of course I said no it’s his holiday so his responsibility, so I have tried to talk her into staying as she only has a matter of days left now and I’ve said she’s not going again due to the stress it causes me & her. My ex is a complete narcissist and very difficult to co parent with at times 😤

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Been dismissed by every GP in my local surgery for over 3 years… been trying to get to the bottom of two major issues 1) extreme digestive problems and 2) hormone issues (high prolactin). The fact is that I have serious issues that need investigating but they won’t bother. I’m in agony most days and I can’t live like this but they don’t care and I’ve tried everything. I’m exhausted. What upsets me is I’ve recently lost my period. I’m only 23 years old and it’s gone. I’m not pregnant, in fact I don’t think I can get pregnant from all the hormonal issues I have and I don’t take anything to impact my periods. There’s clearly a deeper issue and they refuse to refer me or offer any help besides forcing me to go on the pill even though I want to conceive in the next year. I’ve lost all hope and I’m really struggling. I feel so let down by the NHS. When you’re having medical issues you should be able to turn to your doctors but I can’t, I’m truly scarred and terrified with how I’ve been treated. I’m just SO upset that they let it get this bad for years and now the consequences are showing. I’m so worried about my health.
Have they not even offered blood tests or anything?

Can you change to different gp? If not you can complain about your current one & it will be looked into.

• Heart
Can you change to different gp? If not you can complain about your current one & it will be looked into.

I tried every GP in my practice. Kept getting told everything ok and they made me feel like a hypochondriac. Final GP said she could tell I was ill the minute she saw me. Thank God my friends kept nagging me to persevere.
I suppose that's the key just keep trying.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Everyone at work seems to be bombarding me today, Teams is pinging, emails coming in, and people coming over to my desk and I'm really struggling to concentrate on my own stuff today. I feel very close to nipping to the loo for a cry.

• Heart
  • Sad
Everyone at work seems to be bombarding me today, Teams is pinging, emails coming in, and people coming over to my desk and I'm really struggling to concentrate on my own stuff today. I feel very close to nipping to the loo for a cry.
I don't know how your workplace is, but I quite often send a teams to everyone saying I have a high workload presently so please only disturb if it is something that genuinely cannot wait. I also state all queries to be emailed & I'll respond as and when I can. Not sure if you're comfortable to send something like that?

Reactions: 5
Cheese scone, plain scones, fruit scones are all fine but what's with putting chocolate and similar things in them now? They're nice but we know it doesn't stop there. They'll soon be covered in chocolate, icing with flakes sticking out of them. They're sacred! When you don't fancy a cake or a meal, just a simple choice without taxing your already frazzled brain 😡

Reactions: 6
"David Baddiel questions Cillian Murphy's casting as Oppennheimer..."

"Wee Man from Jackass rants ar Hugh Grant cast in Willy Wonka..."

Oh, duck right off.

Acting.
The clue is in the name.
Any actor can play any suitable role if they are good enough/suit the role/bring in an audience.

Can a straight man play a gay guy?
Yes.
Can a non-Jewish actor play a Jewish character,
Yes.
Can a white actor play Bob Marley in a biopic?
No. Of course not. That would be stupid.

I understand representation, etc, but actors act.
That's it.

I'm so tired of this bleeping argument cropping up every few months.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I always manage to cut my legs when shaving 😒 I’m too wimpy to wax myself and can’t afford to go to a salon every month. Think I might have to embrace hairy legs 😂

People thinking it’s acceptable to come up
to me and tell me I look “pale, thin and anemic”. I don’t put weight on easily and struggle with my appetite so often go through periods where my weight goes quite low, but I think it’s just so appalling to actually point that out to someone.
I’ve had it off 3 separate people in the past week now and it’s doing my head in, I wouldn’t go up to someone and say “omg you look really overweight and diabetic” because it’s totally rude and unnecessary.

• Heart
  • Wow
People thinking it’s acceptable to come up
to me and tell me I look “pale, thin and anemic”. I don’t put weight on easily and struggle with my appetite so often go through periods where my weight goes quite low, but I think it’s just so appalling to actually point that out to someone.
I’ve had it off 3 separate people in the past week now and it’s doing my head in, I wouldn’t go up to someone and say “omg you look really overweight and diabetic” because it’s totally rude and unnecessary.
Are these people you’d consider close to you?

Practice your reply if it happens again ‘ I don’t appreciate your opinion and I find it unnecessary and rude’.

Just thought I'd come on to cheer you up as I heard a while ago that we were going to get 3 days of summer from the 10th to 13th August.
Naturally as a Tattler I was a bit suspicious 😄, but I have to admit that the 10 day forecast is now showing a beaming ☀ for the 10th and 11th August, so it's looking likely. 👏👐📣🙌🍻🥂

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.