What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so sick of seeing the america ferrera barbie speech everywhere...the movie wasn't even that good 😒
I hate all that "We HAVE to be pretty, and we HAVE to not dress like this or we're a slut, but we HAVE to not dress like that our we're a prude, we HAVE to look perfect all the time!" No you don't. I'm a feminist and I know the odds are stacked against women in some ways, but you don't HAVE to do any of that. There are loads of women who never wear makeup and don't care if they look perfect, they're just getting on with life! If someone is putting pressure on themselves to be perfect, that's up to them. No one's going to come and arrest you for turning a guy down for a date or not wearing a push up bra.

Reactions: 9
3 of these fell into my mouth. Perfection. View attachment 2349283
And then I checked the calories View attachment 2349285

Absolutely no bleeping idea why I'm not losing weight. 405 calories 😭🤣🤢 duck.
In 1 cookie omg!!!!
---
Ok, I handed it in today. The police took my name, dob and address. I wish I had just posted it and left, I don't want any more to do with this. I hope he doesn't do anything crap like claim there was £100 in there and I've stolen it. I hope that's it all over!
Not sure there’s much they can do even if he does. I wouldn’t worry about it. You’ve done it now. God if I ever find a wallet I’m never picking it up 🤣

Reactions: 4
Unfortunately all you have said isn't reason enough to take the children from the mother and it shouldn't really be an option she may be a bad person but they are still her kids too unless they are at risk of or are being abused.

My ex thinks I am all about the money (the £80 he gives me now)

Family court wouldn't do anything about him trying to coach our daughter to lie to me which caused her alot of distress, he also asks her what I am doing all the time on weekends she is with him - like it's me that's making him have her so I can go on the pull when he dragged me through court etc. and he tried to get her to say his girlfriend was her new mum and I wasn't needed anymore. But cafcass and family court only care about making sure both parents see the child.
I never said we wanted to take them away from their mother ??

Reactions: 1
Not sure there’s much they can do even if he does. I wouldn’t worry about it. You’ve done it now. God if I ever find a wallet I’m never picking it up 🤣
Yeah I'm bleeping leaving the next one I see. Stupid of me to assume someone would be grateful to have their wallet, I suppose! 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Periods. I rarely get a "proper" one due to being on the pill. Migraine started Tuesday and so did my period. Nothing more from Wednesday until Saturday where I got pain roughly where my appendix are. And again, only a tiny bit of blood. So annoying.

Reactions: 3
Ever dreading telling someone something as you know they will just moan etc and make your life a misery 😞 even though it’s good news but to them they won’t see the good? 🤷‍♀️🙈

Reactions: 5
Rant or unpopular opinion but are we STILL doing anthracite windows? On the right house yes... but why oh why must you do it on an ex council house. It looks so out of place. The houses already have anthracite bloody roofs and now its like a dark hovel! Grey scale lives 🤣
I’ve got anthracite windows on a new build. They are white on the inside. I like them. The roof is red and the bricks are a buff colour.

I hate all that "We HAVE to be pretty, and we HAVE to not dress like this or we're a slut, but we HAVE to not dress like that our we're a prude, we HAVE to look perfect all the time!" No you don't. I'm a feminist and I know the odds are stacked against women in some ways, but you don't HAVE to do any of that. There are loads of women who never wear makeup and don't care if they look perfect, they're just getting on with life! If someone is putting pressure on themselves to be perfect, that's up to them. No one's going to come and arrest you for turning a guy down for a date or not wearing a push up bra.
The best thing I ever did was stop wearing make up every day. When my daughter started school I made the decision that day that I was not going to turn up the the school gates with a face of make up every day. Such a game changer. Now I only wear make up if I'm going out.

Reactions: 10
I’ve got anthracite windows on a new build. They are white on the inside. I like them. The roof is red and the bricks are a buff colour.
On the right house...yes

This is an ex council house. Dark bricks. Dark roof and now... dark windows. Looks terrible. Would be better if they just went fully goth

Reactions: 3
Bad rant I know sorry I know its there job but getting to by a rather larger and i mean a fair few more dress sizes nurse that I need to consider losing some weight for my health just feels a little insulting.

Reactions: 7
Bad rant I know sorry I know its there job but getting to by a rather larger and i mean a fair few more dress sizes nurse that I need to consider losing some weight for my health just feels a little insulting.
A lot of medical professionals don't practice what they preach, I work In a shop opposite a hospital and the amount of fags and booze and shite they buy is very eye opening
I mean buy what you want no judgement from me but don't preach either

Reactions: 12
Yes, that's happened to me. I've had treatment which has made me pile on weight. Was told I would be 12.5 stone.
Then have been told the same as you - once by junior doctor at hospital words equivalent to you're a greedy cow and once by a severely overweight nurse at doctor's surgery.
And they wonder why people get violent 😄

Reactions: 1
First day at work... even worse than i expected...rant to come when I can stop crying.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
@LydiaDeetzHat I thought you weren’t going to take the role?
---
A lot of medical professionals don't practice what they preach, I work In a shop opposite a hospital and the amount of fags and booze and shite they buy is very eye opening
I mean buy what you want no judgement from me but don't preach either
I can’t speak on GPs or hospital consultants/surgeons, but all the doctors I’ve known working in hospitals have really had an issue with drink and drugs (mostly cocaine).

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.