What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have caught a stomach bug from somewhere. I honestly thought I was going to die on the bathroom floor last night.
Today my stomach is in agony, I'm sweating, feel like my guts are going to fall out my arse. Surviving on sips of water. Middle child just came and said he's bored and could I play catch with him.
Mate, I wish I was bleeping bored 🤣🤣🤣.
Told him (politely) to leave me alone and play with his 2 siblings, the exact reason we had siblings 🤣
I’m laughing at your description not that you’re poorly. It sounds like that scene from Bridesmaids 😂 Get well soon!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Re my mum, I don't feel like I can go no contact yet as there's "no reason" ie she's not doing anything appalling lately. I should have gone no contact when she was appalling following my stepdads death but I felt too cruel as she was grieving. She just wants me to take her to run errands on Sunday 🙄

I've had such a tit day today - period from hell, traffic has been terrible, my ex has been a dick, my daughter started crying as soon as we got home as she hurt herself. It's just constant tit atm 😫😭

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Re my mum, I don't feel like I can go no contact yet as there's "no reason" ie she's not doing anything appalling lately. I should have gone no contact when she was appalling following my stepdads death but I felt too cruel as she was grieving. She just wants me to take her to run errands on Sunday 🙄

I've had such a tit day today - period from hell, traffic has been terrible, my ex has been a dick, my daughter started crying as soon as we got home as she hurt herself. It's just constant tit atm 😫😭
Just mute her hope you’re ok

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Bloody royal mail was expecting a parcel to be delivered today but wasn't going to be in so filled in the on line redirect delivery form to deliver next Tuesday got a confirmation email we will hold parcel and deliver next Tuesday as requested great I thought
Wrong just got an email to say we tried to deliver today but nobody was in so we will try again tomorrow I mean whats the bloody point 😤

Reactions: 6
At this stage maybe we just need at thread for job applications because theres so many annoyances!
A recruiter was supposed to phone me and hasnt. I feel like its because she doesnt HAVE anything for me which would be fine if she was just honest.

The amount of jobs which advertise remote. Tbh i would happily work in a new office to get to know people as long as i could get to it but also applying remote just to try get A job. Then the remote jobs say, you need to come to london twice per month, oh btw its not actually london its just generically IN the direction of london and theres no transport... well thanks for wasting my time!!

Having recruited previously myself one of the worst things is when you interview someone great, you don't want to lose them so you offer then HR spend 3 month checking it was open and fair and that we can actually recruit someone. Makes you look like an idiot!

Reactions: 4
One job I applied for and interviewed with 4 years ago still hasn't been filled for longer than 6 months. They've changed the hours of the role now, making it totally undesirable for 90% of applicants, myself included.
more red flags about the job i just started..
1 in a team meeting where there were 3 recent starters there was a full on moan session about the SLT relating to a request from the 2 new directors about changing our teams reporting to their preference combined with several reiterations of oh the way X did it was much better, X took more interest in us, a cascade again about the recent staff survey and its poor results,And a comment about how they seem to have a far more easy going approach to something that they should really be rigorous on (cant say more because it would reveal too much) THIS is what they show of themselves to new starters in their first team meeting)They all seem really dull and boring and incompetent and now I can see a bit more why this company has a bad reputation.
2. i had a conversation with a colleague who unasked started to tell me all about the history of my role/predecessors. Apparently Y left the role for "various reasons" last summer, Since then the role has been filled by the following.. a good temp who left because she got a permanent job, a few other temps, and a temp who came and went really quickly siting that the role was not as expected... (this one was trash talked to me about how she was useless, a job hopper who didnt stay places more than a week etc) One of my reasons for wanting to leave is that the role is not as sold to me at interview/expected. ding ding ding why is nobody staying in this role??

Reactions: 2
I once interviewed for a job, then afterwards they decided to take us on a very long tour of all the departments. I had to leave the tour for childcare reasons. 6 months later they called to offer me a position. I laughed as I’d already taken up a position elsewhere. Lucky escape !

• Haha
as someone who has just started a job where it took them 2months to decide they want me, then had to get permission to make me an offer and has just started after applying in February.. i am hearing everyone on this thread. plus apparently they were desperate for someone but i just found not only were they taking their time, The last person left a yr ago

If they want you they can offer straight away or soon after interviews have finished. It's ludicrous.

I won't be wasting that much time when i get out (because i was sold a complete dud of a role)
---

the ad for i think its Airbnb i get on all my YT videos . zoom in zoom out whatdigga whadiggs what dja got owww
Agreed, in my case what I find odd is that they removed the role really quickly from linked in, but now this is taking forever?

Annoyed today as I was looking for a quality white overshirt and decided on one.
Reading the reviews, 2 of the 3 stated they'd received theirs "free".
One of the images had the obligatory duck faced pose, complete with a nauseating image of her posing in it, looking like she'd slept in it, stating it was even better that she didn't need to iron it.
Yes love, you do.
You scruffy mare.
Maybe she's awaiting a free iron too.
🤬

Reactions: 3
Scammers!! Had 2 today on my dumb phone, one was an odd text from the Bank Of Scotland and about an hour later
someone phoned up. I hung up the call because it was a bad line and I was suspicious about the call. I checked both
the numbers and both popped up as scams.

Bloody royal mail was expecting a parcel to be delivered today but wasn't going to be in so filled in the on line redirect delivery form to deliver next Tuesday got a confirmation email we will hold parcel and deliver next Tuesday as requested great I thought
Wrong just got an email to say we tried to deliver today but nobody was in so we will try again tomorrow I mean whats the bloody point 😤
When the postie scans it this morning ready for delivery they’ll get a msg saying change of delivery date requested

When the postie scans it this morning ready for delivery they’ll get a msg saying change of delivery date requested
Hope so or its a trip to the post office in town which is a pain
---
People unashamedly staring at you I was literally walking up to the bus and there's a workman doing something on the pavement and he's just literally staring me down so wave at him me being sarcastic as I normally do and even that doesn't guilt him in to not staring at me

Hope so or its a trip to the post office in town which is a pain
---
People unashamedly staring at you I was literally walking up to the bus and there's a workman doing something on the pavement and he's just literally staring me down so wave at him me being sarcastic as I normally do and even that doesn't guilt him in to not staring at me
It will you will have just got the second delivery message when they took it back to the office. I’m sure it’ll sort itself out this morning.

Reactions: 1
Well the rant is noise next door neighbour banging around in his garden nearly every morning but I'm up early for work anyway. But this morning a precious day off to recover to go back to it all tomorrow. So I 6.15 him banging around in his back garden probably abit earlier but thats the time I got fed up of trying to sleep and looked at my phone. Well I just saw rage he got frustrations of work and partner taken out on him shouted out my spare room window.
He stopped said sorry etc but I'm not a person that can go back to sleep on the best of days. Im now moody tired still angry and embarrassed that I had to point out it wasn't excitable.

• Sad
This is so petty and I know she’s only trying to help but I hate it when my mum reminds me or tells me stuff, it’s my nieces birthday on Wednesday and we’ve already had a conversation about when I’m posting her card/present. She’s messaged me again just now asking if I’d done it yet and I said no I have to do it tomorrow because I’ve had such a busy week (and honestly I’m feeling so low and vulnerable). And (this is the point of the rant) she texts me back and tells me to do it in the morning because post offices close after 12pm on Saturdays. YES I KNOW I’M 38 I haven’t got to 38 without appreciating that post offices and banks have maddeningly inconvenient bloody opening times. IT IS THIS KIND OF tit THAT MAKES MY THROAT FEEL LIKE ITS CLOSING UP.

i just started typing other examples but I’m too bloody irritated to.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So despite trying for the second time to get my royal mail parcel changed to Tuesday for delivery they still delivered it today when I wasn't home
Luckily I remembered to put a note on the door and they left it in my bin as requested 🙄

The clothing firm Sosander! They have had my returned dress now for two weeks. Still awaiting a refund! Also not even replying to any emails 🤬.

OCD now mixed with unreal anxiety o_O
I feel like I could faint with the anxiety today :cry:

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
I pretty much had a breakdown about my relationship today. Then realised I'm ovulating. bleeping hormones turn me into a crazy person, does my head in.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.