What do you want to rant about today? #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ive applied for so many jobs recently and had 1 rejection for a job i was perfect for. Had ALL the experience. It was through an agency and going by the fact when I asked for feedback on the initial rejection he cacked himself and said I HADN'T been rejected, I dont fully trust that they ever even saw my application 🙄

From my own experience recruiting, you can have the best intentions on deadlines and things just go wrong. Hopefully today 🤞🏻 you will hear
Right and what about the people who ghost you? or plan an interview but then fill the position or say the job is frozen, or reject you automatically then are still looking months later??? Gosh I hope so - I want to move on or forward from this company, it's been. a month of back and forth

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Right and what about the people who ghost you? or plan an interview but then fill the position or say the job is frozen, or reject you automatically then are still looking months later??? Gosh I hope so - I want to move on or forward from this company, it's been. a month of back and forth
I had so many post withdrawn emails. I need something to work out tbh. Just hoping for the right job 🙏🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That bleeping advert where the woman is on her phone and keeps saying "awww".

The song in three background is from about 20 years, and it's Kelly Rowland saying aww all the time . The woman says it when the song does.

The fact someone thought that was a good idea makes me cringe.

People who ask for your advice then don't take it! Even worse when they ask for your opinion on a certain situation, so you give it and they proceed to spend 10 minutes telling you why your opinion is wrong! Don't ask my opinion/advice if you don't want to hear it!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
People who ask for your advice then don't take it! Even worse when they ask for your opinion on a certain situation, so you give it and they proceed to spend 10 minutes telling you why your opinion is wrong! Don't ask my opinion/advice if you don't want to hear it!
So many have an excuse for every solution.

All they really want is for someone to do it for them or to agree with them.

Reactions: 4
I find people like this soooo annoying. They don’t really want advice they just want to talk about themselves for ages 🙄🙄🙄

Reactions: 5
Cheese scone, plain scones, fruit scones are all fine but what's with putting chocolate and similar things in them now? They're nice but we know it doesn't stop there. They'll soon be covered in chocolate, icing with flakes sticking out of them. They're sacred! When you don't fancy a cake or a meal, just a simple choice without taxing your already frazzled brain 😡
Oops! Is using scone mixture as a pizza base allowed? I'm guilty of this one.
Only did it once, though, as it felt like heresy.
Was nice, though 😋
Am currently addicted to Aldi plain scones, but seems every other bugger twigged this before me and they're always sold out, with just the fruity ones left. Who knew I'd like a plain scone?🤷
Chocolate, cheese? Mmm not sure if I'd like those 🤔

as someone who has just started a job where it took them 2months to decide they want me, then had to get permission to make me an offer and has just started after applying in February.. i am hearing everyone on this thread. plus apparently they were desperate for someone but i just found not only were they taking their time, The last person left a yr ago

If they want you they can offer straight away or soon after interviews have finished. It's ludicrous.

I won't be wasting that much time when i get out (because i was sold a complete dud of a role)
---
The song in three background is from about 20 years, and it's Kelly Rowland saying aww all the time . The woman says it when the song does.

The fact someone thought that was a good idea makes me cringe.
the ad for i think its Airbnb i get on all my YT videos . zoom in zoom out whatdigga whadiggs what dja got owww

Reactions: 1
When companies want to interview you during working hours and act as if you're being difficult for requesting out of working hours, so you agree to interview in your lunch hour having done the required prep, only for them not to call or email to reschedule!!
Just to follow up on this - it was a job I really wanted so I swallowed my pride and emailed them to reschedule the call. They said they couldn't reach me because my phone was 'user busy' (it wasn't), so we rearranged for yesterday after 5pm. I waited until 5.15pm and decided to call her, only for her phone to be switched off. Fastforward to today and the job has been taken offline so I assume it's been filled or pulled. Either way, why even bother emailing me and then not letting me know? Just leaving people hanging and not respecting their time, after researching the company and doing all the prep. SIGH

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Oops, sorry 🤦🏽‍♀️🤣 I’ve been living under a rock. I come alive at night so just catching up on all the latest. I had to even google who this woman was. Madness. Thanks for letting me know.
That’s ok! I hope you’ve caught up on the goss

Reactions: 1
People who constantly feel the need to stress to me how expensive learning to drive and having a car is

I had a to do with my sister earlier about it and literally wanted to say you had everything paid for for you, I'm 32 can't drive and didn't get that luxury.

• Sad
I’ve mentioned my nightmare house sale a few times. The house has sold again fortunately but before the solicitors can act for this new sale we have to pay for the work carried out on the sale that fell through. I don’t have the money until completion. My ex does but will he respond to me or the solicitor regarding payment. Will he duck 🤬
Considering he wants a quick completion his behaviour is baffling but then he’s a narc. If you know you know

• Sad
Reactions: 9
My mum is just bombarding me with messages and won't leave me alone. I am low contact as she is a narc & was very abusive and neglectful during my childhood. I know if I don't reply she's going to go off on one but I do not have the energy for the 17 messages she's sent me since 10pm last night 😫

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My mum is just bombarding me with messages and won't leave me alone. I am low contact as she is a narc & was very abusive and neglectful during my childhood. I know if I don't reply she's going to go off on one but I do not have the energy for the 17 messages she's sent me since 10pm last night 😫
I feel for you! My mum is a narc too. It’s exhausting isn’t it?! What does she want? Can’t you block/mute her?

Reactions: 3
I feel for you, I have a very similar situation with my mum. Ended up blocking her on WhatsApp for the very same reason you mention above x

People who constantly feel the need to stress to me how expensive learning to drive and having a car is

I had a to do with my sister earlier about it and literally wanted to say you had everything paid for for you, I'm 32 can't drive and didn't get that luxury.
I've regretted many things in my life but learning to drive n or the money spent doing it wasn't one of them. The independence it gave me was thrilling. I'm 65 now and it's still one of my greatest pleasures. 😊

Reactions: 8
Oh no 😢 is there any way you can just go no contact?

I have caught a stomach bug from somewhere. I honestly thought I was going to die on the bathroom floor last night.
Today my stomach is in agony, I'm sweating, feel like my guts are going to fall out my arse. Surviving on sips of water. Middle child just came and said he's bored and could I play catch with him.
Mate, I wish I was bleeping bored 🤣🤣🤣.
Told him (politely) to leave me alone and play with his 2 siblings, the exact reason we had siblings 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I have caught a stomach bug from somewhere. I honestly thought I was going to die on the bathroom floor last night.
Today my stomach is in agony, I'm sweating, feel like my guts are going to fall out my arse. Surviving on sips of water. Middle child just came and said he's bored and could I play catch with him.
Mate, I wish I was bleeping bored 🤣🤣🤣.
Told him (politely) to leave me alone and play with his 2 siblings, the exact reason we had siblings 🤣
Ooh poor you , hope you’re over the worst of it ❤

• Heart
as someone who has just started a job where it took them 2months to decide they want me, then had to get permission to make me an offer and has just started after applying in February.. i am hearing everyone on this thread. plus apparently they were desperate for someone but i just found not only were they taking their time, The last person left a yr ago
One job I applied for and interviewed with 4 years ago still hasn't been filled for longer than 6 months. They've changed the hours of the role now, making it totally undesirable for 90% of applicants, myself included.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.