Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I caught the last 30 minutes of The Sound of Music. Husband said “but you’ve seen it a thousand times!” Well let’s make it 1001… 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Aussie

VIP Member
On episode 1 now and I’m raging for them.
“No one else is reporting any issues”
FFS
I've done 3 episodes & am fecking raging for those poor people
---
They are still getting away with it as there are still some ex post masters who have not been compensated and /or still have a conviction attached to their name. The post offices behaviour towards the victims is utterly abhorrent.
It's absolutely disgusting

Reactions: 8

Hope96

VIP Member
Line of Duty, s5, ep 4. One of my top 3 fave seasons of LoD especially with Stephen Graham acting his little socks off (I mean when doesn't he!).

• Heart

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I've done 3 episodes & am fecking raging for those poor people
---

It's absolutely disgusting
Yep it is - there is absolutely no remorse for the horrific pain they have created . The people at the top should be ashamed of themselves . I really hope that this story is pushed back into the lime light again and the victims see the justice they so rightly deserve.

DellaC

VIP Member
Still ploughing on with Game of Thrones. Just started series 6 and I cannot believe I've resisted it for so long. Fantasy really isn't my usual bag but this is actually addictive! Think series 5 was one of my favourites in terms of breathtaking scenes that were utterly shocking and created such emotion.

It's a roller coaster for sure.

• Heart

Sibz

Chatty Member
Contender reeeeadyy...gladiator reeeeeady... 3...2..1... 😄 this is great! I'm loving the nostalgia, they've kept a lot of things the same, and another one bites the dust!

• Heart

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
Ive just finished the fourth episode of Mr Bates Vs the Post Office, and its a total scandal.

What I think really really winds me up, is how its a case of machines and computer systems being believed, against logic and people! Perhaps there area always going to be one or two bad apples, who try and steal or defraud their employers, but the majority of the sub-postmasters featured, were so obviously trusted pillars of their community. Why on earth didnt anyone in charge of the post office at the beginning, start a proper investigation?
This TV show is going to blow the whole story wide open. There is no way the sub postmasters, aren't going to be due the compensation they deserve- What a pity the compensation cant be paid by the post office officials or Fujitsu, that caused the problems in the first place. Lets see Adam Crozier, Paula Vennels and Angela van Den Bogerd , prosecuted and taken to court as the sub-postmasters were!
Trouble is I've seen this behaviour throughout my life. From being a child - the church, being in a court room - social services, etc etc.
So when I'm being advised to listen to someone (financial consultant) whose warning about digital currency and debanking, e.g. could you prove that you had this money in the bank if the computer says no? and the difficulty in accessing a closed account where they haven't returned your money and seem keen to take the paperwork proof off you (keep copies).
It all leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth about how people use power and ruin people's lives.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Re the Mr Bates programme, I read that there is hardly any mention of Adam Crozier in it who was head of the Post Office at the time. Is it because he left the post office to become the head of ITV ...... 🤔🤔

• Wow

redball00n

VIP Member
Finished Boy Swallows Universe on Netflix, absolutely brilliant, best thing I’ve watched in ages. All the cast were fantastic but the little boy playing Felix has a bright future ahead of him. And of course Travis Fimmel playing Lyle 🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Millais

Chatty Member
I’m on episode three of Mr Bates vs The Post Office and my mind is boggled as Nadhim Zahawi has just turned up playing himself! I don’t know what’s real and what’s not anymore!

Crumpet41

VIP Member
Re Mr Bates and the Post Office. Really glad to see BBC bfast have picked up the story again . Staggering to learn that the Post Office were still trying to prosecute in 2014 despite knowing that the system was flawed. You’d have thought given what was known the PO would be holding off prosecutions until the enquiry had finished .

utterly shameful behaviour from the PO . I hope they are rinsed off the back of the show and once the enquiry finishes.

Milliemoo99

VIP Member
Ive just finished the fourth episode of Mr Bates Vs the Post Office, and its a total scandal.

What I think really really winds me up, is how its a case of machines and computer systems being believed, against logic and people! Perhaps there area always going to be one or two bad apples, who try and steal or defraud their employers, but the majority of the sub-postmasters featured, were so obviously trusted pillars of their community. Why on earth didnt anyone in charge of the post office at the beginning, start a proper investigation?
This TV show is going to blow the whole story wide open. There is no way the sub postmasters, aren't going to be due the compensation they deserve- What a pity the compensation cant be paid by the post office officials or Fujitsu, that caused the problems in the first place. Lets see Adam Crozier, Paula Vennels and Angela van Den Bogerd , prosecuted and taken to court as the sub-postmasters were!

• Heart

DellaC

VIP Member
Game of Thrones, Just starting Series 3.

Still not really got a clue what's going on but I shall keep watching until Joffrey gets his snidey little head chopped off 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart