What are you watching right now? #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the Mr Bates programme, I read that there is hardly any mention of Adam Crozier in it who was head of the Post Office at the time. Is it because he left the post office to become the head of ITV ...... πŸ€”πŸ€”
Oh interesting, yep no mention of him

Reactions: 1
I’m on episode three of Mr Bates vs The Post Office and my mind is boggled as Nadhim Zahawi has just turned up playing himself! I don’t know what’s real and what’s not anymore!

Reactions: 7
I’m on episode three of Mr Bates vs The Post Office and my mind is boggled as Nadhim Zahawi has just turned up playing himself! I don’t know what’s real and what’s not anymore!
Mr A & I were is that who we think it is!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Absolutely, it made me so angry. I was crying by the end. And good on Alan Bates for turning down an OBE
I too was crying like you and the forensic accountant.
Oh what joy to release the tension when Bates wife said to the TV whilst watching The Select Committee, "and you can piss right off" at the gruesome twosome.
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
OMG!! Talk about role reversal. The minister trying to get a straight answer out of the Post Office gruesome twosome, just like TV interviewers normally try to get straight answers out of MP's πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
If this drama doesn't win awards I'm a monkey's uncle.
On part 4 now and trying not to scream at the TV.
I have noticed that "Juliet Bravo's" son is the subpostmasters barrister....
Can't ******* believe Vennells got a CBE whilst all this was going on.
ETA
Just realised Mrs Patmore's there (Downton Abbey). 😁
---
I thought he looked familiar!....good actor..😁

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Oh what joy to release the tension when Bates wife said to the TV whilst watching The Select Committee, "and you can piss right off" at the gruesome twosome.
OMG!! Talk about role reversal. The minister trying to get a straight answer out of the Post Office gruesome twosome, just like TV interviewers normally try to get straight answers out of MP's πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
ETA
---

There is a scene with Jo & the forensic accountant (Bob) that has me sobbing! The whole thing was fabulously done

Reactions: 2
ETA
---

the bit that had me sobbing was when Jo got her conviction squashed & she's talking to the reporters & Bob comes running up to her. Then cuts to him sobbing

Reactions: 2
There is a scene with Jo & the forensic accountant (Bob) that has me sobbing! The whole thing was fabulously done
My mum said β€œI bet they get together” πŸ€” Mum, a) it’s a true story b) it’s not that kind of programme and c) she’s married to someone else! Imagine she finally gets her conviction overturned just to go down for bigamy five minutes later!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My mum said β€œI bet they get together” πŸ€” Mum, a) it’s a true story b) it’s not that kind of programme and c) she’s married to someone else! Imagine she finally gets her conviction overturned just to go down for bigamy five minutes later!
That's funny 🀣

Reactions: 1
Ive just finished the fourth episode of Mr Bates Vs the Post Office, and its a total scandal.

What I think really really winds me up, is how its a case of machines and computer systems being believed, against logic and people! Perhaps there area always going to be one or two bad apples, who try and steal or defraud their employers, but the majority of the sub-postmasters featured, were so obviously trusted pillars of their community. Why on earth didnt anyone in charge of the post office at the beginning, start a proper investigation?
This TV show is going to blow the whole story wide open. There is no way the sub postmasters, aren't going to be due the compensation they deserve- What a pity the compensation cant be paid by the post office officials or Fujitsu, that caused the problems in the first place. Lets see Adam Crozier, Paula Vennels and Angela van Den Bogerd , prosecuted and taken to court as the sub-postmasters were!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.