Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello! That is a great change, still enjoying what you want but having less! Probably saving pennies too!!
I have had a tough week felt very low but today I did my first ever park run (I walked it) I was 305th out of 309 people but I showed up and did it! Feel bloody proud of myself! Eaten well today too so double win!

Enjoy your chippy tea that is my favourite takeaway!

I too need to lose 7 stone, seems so frightening I have a friend who weighs 7.5stone so I basically need to lose her perhaps minus her head! 😂

We can do it, one step at a time! Xxx
Fantastic, I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be

@DrSheldonCooper Thank you. It was really nice and felt a bit more like a treat than usual. Unfortunately I was up with a sore tummy in the night but I think it's because we had dinner quite late in the end 🤦 Today is back to better food decisions and definitely drinking more water. Only managed about a pint over the whole day and I can feel the affects this morning.

Well done on going to the park run. Doesn't matter where you placed - you finished the route and that's the main thing 🎉🎉🎉

It's quite scary to think that 7.5 stone could be a person! But I'm 40 in a couple of years and determined to leave my 30s a bit healthier than I entered them.

Onwards to a new week! x

Reactions: 1
I’ve woken up with a seriously bad hangover. A reminder why I shouldn’t drink.

Next week is a detox week. No booze, no daytime snacking. I need to shift some of the four stone I’d like to lose and stopping drinking will certainly help.

Reactions: 5
Hi, I’ve never been in this thread before.
I’m at a plateau with my weight at the moment. Pre-lockdown my weight was the highest it had been in years - just over 16st. In lockdown I got it down to into the high 13s and felt amazing.
i was doing SW, at home. Going to my local pharmacy every week and weighing myself, watching what I was eating and making healthier choices all round. In the past year I’ve gained about a stone of what I’d lost and no matter how much I try to force the issue, I simply cannot get myself into the headspace I need to be in to focus on losing what I’ve gained.
i know how good I felt, I know how my clothes felt and I liked how my face and body looked.
I get that high 13s is probably uncomfortably big for a lot of people but for me it felt really good.
i just can’t seem to focus on losing this stone.
I have a wedding to go to in March and ideally I want to be my target weight of 13.10 by then - I just don’t know how to start.

• Heart
Hi, I’ve never been in this thread before.
I’m at a plateau with my weight at the moment. Pre-lockdown my weight was the highest it had been in years - just over 16st. In lockdown I got it down to into the high 13s and felt amazing.
i was doing SW, at home. Going to my local pharmacy every week and weighing myself, watching what I was eating and making healthier choices all round. In the past year I’ve gained about a stone of what I’d lost and no matter how much I try to force the issue, I simply cannot get myself into the headspace I need to be in to focus on losing what I’ve gained.
i know how good I felt, I know how my clothes felt and I liked how my face and body looked.
I get that high 13s is probably uncomfortably big for a lot of people but for me it felt really good.
i just can’t seem to focus on losing this stone.
I have a wedding to go to in March and ideally I want to be my target weight of 13.10 by then - I just don’t know how to start.
I've mentioned on these threads before that I focussed on the amount of black bin waste I was generating. I made a conscious effort when menu planning and shopping to try to avoid as much packaging as possible rather than counting calories. Healthier food tends to have way less packaging (although it's not foolproof, biscuits, I'm looking at you) it may help you to change your focus (and help the planet, look at the amount of packaging for any T/A)

Reactions: 4
I've mentioned on these threads before that I focussed on the amount of black bin waste I was generating. I made a conscious effort when menu planning and shopping to try to avoid as much packaging as possible rather than counting calories. Healthier food tends to have way less packaging (although it's not foolproof, biscuits, I'm looking at you) it may help you to change your focus (and help the planet, look at the amount of packaging for any T/A)
I remember when I did the Carol Vorderman detox 20 years ago I got my week's shopping in a carrier bag and went down hardly any aisles. Packaging was minimal.
Made me realise how much rubbishy food there is in supermarkets to tempt us. I felt really healthy eating more fruit/veg/rice/spices/seeds so I want to go down that line again to lose weight and feel more healthy.

Reactions: 6
The last few years I’ve lost respect for myself and turned into a fat, greedy witch 🐳 so I’ve set myself a goal to lose a stone before I go away in the middle of January. I’m an emotional/binge eater and my weight has gone up and down all my life. I wish everyone the best of luck with your weight loss journey as I know it’s a fucker of a ride.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
My first week went pretty well but I’ve just finished nights so I’ll do a weigh in tomorrow morning. I know the first week or two can be a bigger loss but I have a very short term goal then I’m happy to stagger until Christmas

also away this weekend but I’ll be active for all of it so hope it cancels some of it out 😏

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I started trying to lose weight properly in a somewhat sustainable way in February this year.

For context:
Height: 5ft 4 3/4 (every inch counts!) 🤪
Weight: 13st 4

I completed a ‘fat class’ with unlimited access to gym classes (in conjunction with the local councils active scheme) and weighed in every week. In June, I went down to 12 stone 9. Very slow progress as I was eating well, doing 3x cardio classes a week. The lady running it said she would have liked to see my weight in the late 70’s when weighing me in kilograms. Since then, I’ve not been much to the gym but I love to walk. Eased off the shakes and trying to eat well 100% of the time as I didn’t find I could keep it up. I don’t like veg and fruit (don’t judge, I’ve heard it all before!) so I get away with wholemeal bread, brown cereals, chicken, tuna, rice cakes etc where I can. Obviously I’m a massive fan of junk food but have knocked a lot of it on the head. I also walk where I can as that is my favourite exercise, as I don’t enjoy the gym.

Since June, I went to 12 stone 5 in September and now fluctuate between 12 st 4-7 (depends on how bad I’ve binged on junk at the weekend) but I use Lose It! For calorie counting and it works for me. I think being in mid 30’s, I can really feel how my metabolism isn’t what it once was!

I think we all need to be a little more gentle on ourselves. I’m never going to be back to 10 stone after 2 children and decades of not eating the best, but I am trying. Good luck anyone on their weight loss journey. Fad diets do not work!! Xx

edit: posted before I had finished typing 🙈🙈🙈

Well a weekend of drinking has seen my weight soar from 13st4lb on Friday to 13st7lb today 😬
I put on about 3lbs after a bad weekend full of junk and not enough water, you will see it drop off once you get back to normal. Makes my heart drop all the same though 😕

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I need to start using my weights to a) engage my core and b) tone my arms. Does anyone have any exercises they use? I used to use bodyfit by Amy but I got a bit bored.

I finally got to my goal weight but the last 5 kilos haven't seen a further reduction in my waist. To be honest I'd rather have lost another 2" off my waist than the weight

Reactions: 6
First time poster in here, hoping reading from all of you will keep me motivated!

I finally got round to calculating, and I’ve gained 3st, or 20kg, in 18 months. Basically, a combination of relationship weight and no longer having a gym conveniently next to my new house or my new office. To be completely honest I’ve just lost all sense of routine, which is ironic because I got into great habits before the pandemic, then was almost borderline obsessed with a routine and very disordered eating during those 2020 lockdowns.

I’ve always found myself ‘wanting to lose weight’ but now see more than ever that my comfortable weight of 75kg was fine, even if I am really short. I was strong and fit and had a love hate relationship with the gym. Now I don’t know where to start.

Sorry for the ramble! Just wanted to get it off my chest and hopefully give myself a reason get sorted!

Reactions: 8
First time poster in here, hoping reading from all of you will keep me motivated!

I finally got round to calculating, and I’ve gained 3st, or 20kg, in 18 months. Basically, a combination of relationship weight and no longer having a gym conveniently next to my new house or my new office. To be completely honest I’ve just lost all sense of routine, which is ironic because I got into great habits before the pandemic, then was almost borderline obsessed with a routine and very disordered eating during those 2020 lockdowns.

I’ve always found myself ‘wanting to lose weight’ but now see more than ever that my comfortable weight of 75kg was fine, even if I am really short. I was strong and fit and had a love hate relationship with the gym. Now I don’t know where to start.

Sorry for the ramble! Just wanted to get it off my chest and hopefully give myself a reason get sorted!
Welcome to the thread :) I'm like you and shorter but having always been big, I find myself with a goal weight of about 70kg even if it means I'm still 'overweight'. I lift so relate to the strong bit!

You'll be great.

Reactions: 2
Agh I've fallen off the wagon again bigtime.

I have two uni modules due within two weeks and work full time on top of that and really, desperately want to graduate this academic year with a 2/1 so I'm working my (big) bum off currently and eating tit as a result. It's our busiest week of the month at work and all I'm dreaming of is just a piping hot, cheesy tuna pasta bake for dinner. Think I'll just focus on eating to maintenance this week and then go back to the deficit when my mind is back in the right place!

I have two uni modules due within two weeks and work full time on top of that and really, desperately want to graduate this academic year with a 2/1 so I'm working my (big) bum off currently and eating tit as a result. It's our busiest week of the month at work and all I'm dreaming of is just a piping hot, cheesy tuna pasta bake for dinner. Think I'll just focus on eating to maintenance this week and then go back to the deficit when my mind is back in the right place!
You’ve got more important things going on than your healthy eating at the moment - and that’s ok!
Get that 2:1 and breathe, then start again.

• Heart

Life happens! Eating at maintenance when you know there’s a lot of stuff happening for you is probably the healthiest way to look at it. This tough period won’t last so you can get back to it shortly!

• Heart
New to this thread but not tattle. How to kick start weight loss when slimming world doesn't work, am crap at calorie counting & struggling with health issues *but* have to get a handle on this as it is affecting the health. I need to get my cholesterol down. I have non alcoholic fatty liver (amongst many other things) inc waiting for a heart ct scan result (hoping no news is good news on that score) so I truly need to sort myself out. Trouble is I am mid life & post hysterectomy & always half starved too (damn hormones) I kept 1 lone ovary so technically not menopausal yet but I feel like my hormones are out of whack. The fat is all on my belly too. Some of my health crap is stopping me even getting out walking much atm & I am seriously fed up. I know no-one has any magic answers but wondered if any others in a similar boat that managed to see results? Best of it right up until my 30s I was Mrs Slimjim & now I can't bear to look at myself. Thanks nusty trollls xx

New to this thread but not tattle. How to kick start weight loss when slimming world doesn't work, am crap at calorie counting & struggling with health issues *but* have to get a handle on this as it is affecting the health. I need to get my cholesterol down. I have non alcoholic fatty liver (amongst many other things) inc waiting for a heart ct scan result (hoping no news is good news on that score) so I truly need to sort myself out. Trouble is I am mid life & post hysterectomy & always half starved too (damn hormones) I kept 1 lone ovary so technically not menopausal yet but I feel like my hormones are out of whack. The fat is all on my belly too. Some of my health crap is stopping me even getting out walking much atm & I am seriously fed up. I know no-one has any magic answers but wondered if any others in a similar boat that managed to see results? Best of it right up until my 30s I was Mrs Slimjim & now I can't bear to look at myself. Thanks nusty trollls xx

I have been reading up/watching You Tube etc about this GP(Dr David Unwin) today as I am in a similar position to you.
I remembered seeing him on a programme years ago, as he actually listened to an angry patient who cured herself when he was meant to do that. He worked with her to change how he treated his patients from then on.
Oh to have a GP who doesn't pat you on the head condescendingly, when you don't agree with the treatment.
I have tried drastic low carb off my own bat and it worked, but now I want to go for a gentler route, to lose the weight gained through ignoring my gut feeling and listening to my GP. So I want to follow Dr Unwin's advice now. My great grandparents ate real food and lived to a ripe old age. The ones that followed who ate processed crap that we see in the supermarket now haven't lived as long.
You may find this of use also hopefully.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.