Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here:

Is anyone doing keto at all? šŸ’™
I'm not but just popping your post here so it isn't forgotten

Reactions: 2
It's good to be back in a shiny, new thread!

Recent developments for me have been;

Weight Loss - bugger all
Perceived weight loss according to others - lots
Average gym visits per week - 4 to 5
Clothes that still fit - not very many
Loose skin around my stomach - acres
Upper legs - fairly unrecognisable, from above at any rate
Stress levels, hours worked and general twattishness at work - exponentially increased

I rage cancelled my recurring shakes order when Amazon started dictating to me that I could only have one pack per delivery (apparently, I buy too many - um, surely that's the point of setting up a recurring delivery - so you have enough?), so I'm down a few hundred calories per day (can't do solid food at the time I get up for work or buying a blender and faffing around at quarter to sparrowfart) - so it's my own stupid fault I'm now feeling more tired and whingey/cranky by the end of the day.

But I went to the gym with Mr D this evening and I took a minute and a half off my 2,000m rowing time. Had to check my Fitbit and my phone to make sure I had actually done that time, but I had. The only other thing I've done differently is that I've started using the pec deck/delt fly machine on a pathetically low weight (20lb) to try and get my borked shoulder functioning better. Maybe that's what's done it?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Previous thread here:

I'm not but just popping your post here so it isn't forgotten
No but Iā€™d be interested in learning more about it

Reactions: 1
It's good to be back in a shiny, new thread!

Recent developments for me have been;

Weight Loss - bugger all
Perceived weight loss according to others - lots
Average gym visits per week - 4 to 5
Clothes that still fit - not very many
Loose skin around my stomach - acres
Upper legs - fairly unrecognisable, from above at any rate
Stress levels, hours worked and general twattishness at work - exponentially increased

I rage cancelled my recurring shakes order when Amazon started dictating to me that I could only have one pack per delivery (apparently, I buy too many - um, surely that's the point of setting up a recurring delivery - so you have enough?), so I'm down a few hundred calories per day (can't do solid food at the time I get up for work or buying a blender and faffing around at quarter to sparrowfart) - so it's my own stupid fault I'm now feeling more tired and whingey/cranky by the end of the day.

But I went to the gym with Mr D this evening and I took a minute and a half off my 2,000m rowing time. Had to check my Fitbit and my phone to make sure I had actually done that time, but I had. The only other thing I've done differently is that I've started using the pec deck/delt fly machine on a pathetically low weight (20lb) to try and get my borked shoulder functioning better. Maybe that's what's done it?
Increase your delivery frequency on amazon?

So with subscriptions you can add that same product again- just twiddle with the delivery times. so It would alternate between the two subscriptions for the same item and you get something each week.

ā€”-

Iā€™m getting dressed slowly to go to the gym.

This is the second month since i started going again.

My brothers graduation is in around a week, but I donā€™t want to tracking my progress by the scale.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I saw a picture of me from when I was peak sw, i was so slim. Now I'm so disgustingšŸ¤¢ šŸ˜­ ate to maintenance yesterday and scales are saying 2lb up šŸ˜­

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I saw a picture of me from when I was peak sw, i was so slim. Now I'm so disgustingšŸ¤¢ šŸ˜­ ate to maintenance yesterday and scales are saying 2lb up šŸ˜­
I know itā€™s easier said then done but try to take it one day at a time and approach things from a view of love. Iā€™ve been everything from a 10 to 18. Wasnā€™t particularly that much happier at any point. Women are allowed to take up space in this world. Being heavier doesnā€™t make you disgusting.

Iā€™m not a fan of scales or regular weighing in. Perhaps take measurements instead? My kid sister can put on a lot of weight just before her period.

Do you also weigh yourself at the same time of the day ?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I know itā€™s easier said then done but try to take it one day at a time and approach things from a view of love. Iā€™ve been everything from a 10 to 18. Wasnā€™t particularly that much happier at any point. Women are allowed to take up space in this world. Being heavier doesnā€™t make you disgusting.

Iā€™m not a fan of scales or regular weighing in. Perhaps take measurements instead? My kid sister can put on a lot of weight just before her period.

Do you also weigh yourself at the same time of the day ?
Yeah I'm due on in 4 days which I know will absolutely be having a massive impact physically and mentally,

• Heart
Looking for help & tips! Iā€™ve gained 3 stone in as many years, Iā€™m really short so it looks a lot more, mainly round my bust/middle. Desperately trying to lose it these past few months; I walk an average 8k steps a day, do a HIIT class 4/5 times a week. Eat in a calorie deficit every day, no alcohol & Iā€™ve lost minimal inches off my legs & arms but NOTHING off my middle! So no one can tell Iā€™ve lost anything, no change in clothes etc. I know you canā€™t target weight loss, but Iā€™m worried Iā€™m going to look like an egg soon if I can shift this stomach! Not on medication/no physical limitations so any ideas to help me as I just feel depressed over all the effort Iā€™m putting in but hardly seeing results.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Hey guys I'm just at a loss right now. I suffer so terribly from depression and it makes me gain so much weight. I can't believe how much I've gained in such a small space of time after making so much progress.. its just a never ending cycle šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢ I'm at the point where I'm so depressed and so insecure I don't want to leave the house or go to work. I just want to give up and die. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm thinking of trying Noom as a last resort :( I'm tried Keto and CICO but nothing sticks because I simply lose motivation or some small inconvenience happens and I spiral šŸ˜¢ I can't take it anymore

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Looking for help & tips! Iā€™ve gained 3 stone in as many years, Iā€™m really short so it looks a lot more, mainly round my bust/middle. Desperately trying to lose it these past few months; I walk an average 8k steps a day, do a HIIT class 4/5 times a week. Eat in a calorie deficit every day, no alcohol & Iā€™ve lost minimal inches off my legs & arms but NOTHING off my middle! So no one can tell Iā€™ve lost anything, no change in clothes etc. I know you canā€™t target weight loss, but Iā€™m worried Iā€™m going to look like an egg soon if I can shift this stomach! Not on medication/no physical limitations so any ideas to help me as I just feel depressed over all the effort Iā€™m putting in but hardly seeing results.
Other people may be far more knowledgable about this but I find that when I do intense exercise I donā€™t lose any weight. I usually lose lbs by reducing calories and upping my steps to about 15kish. Iā€™m not sure from what you have said on whether losing the lbs is actually an issue as you have said you have lost inches from certain parts of your body so this may not be that helpful. Or are you are gaining muscle in those areas but not losing weight overall?

Reactions: 10

I didn't really start noticing anything off my middle until it was more noticeable everywhere else - it's just normal for the 'thinner' bits to show more quickly than the wider ones. It's still the place where it's most obvious I've still got some way to go. Running (well, plodding around the Rec) caused the most dramatic changes and now I'm doing weights at the gym + rowing for warm up, it's gradually shrinking even without any significant weight loss on paper.

Hey guys I'm just at a loss right now. I suffer so terribly from depression and it makes me gain so much weight. I can't believe how much I've gained in such a small space of time after making so much progress.. its just a never ending cycle šŸ˜¢šŸ˜¢ I'm at the point where I'm so depressed and so insecure I don't want to leave the house or go to work. I just want to give up and die. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm thinking of trying Noom as a last resort :( I'm tried Keto and CICO but nothing sticks because I simply lose motivation or some small inconvenience happens and I spiral šŸ˜¢ I can't take it anymore
That sounds more like your depression spiralling. Could you try and access more help from your GP about that before thinking about your weight? If you're not leaving the house because you're so unwell, that reduction in activity is going to have a negative affect upon you mentally and physically. Getting yourself out and to the doctor's would be a really important thing and maybe if you're out and ask for more help, you might feel a little bit better trying to go again the next day (and the next), just getting some daylight and fresh air.

Reactions: 6
hopping on because iā€™m SICK of feeling like crying every time i see myself in the mirror
iā€™m only 61kg which i know isnā€™t heavy i just donā€™t like myself at the moment and i know i need to change my eating habits
dairy doesnā€™t agree with me at all yet i always seem to eat it because i like itā€¦ it literally makes me feel awful so why would i do that
anyways as of today my meal plan is as follows
peanut butter oats + berries
soup or a salad with salmon or chicken
dinner is whatever my mum makes, iā€™ll just stay mindful in my hunger and stop when iā€™m full - this is my main problem i think!
and snacks will be some nuts, some dark chocolate or fruit!
iā€™m graduation is 10 days away and i know i wonā€™t get BIG results in 10 days but i just want to feel better at least
also 3L of water and 10k steps a day minimum šŸ’–

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Other people may be far more knowledgable about this but I find that when I do intense exercise I donā€™t lose any weight. I usually lose lbs by reducing calories and upping my steps to about 15kish. Iā€™m not sure from what you have said on whether losing the lbs is actually an issue as you have said you have lost inches from certain parts of your body so this may not be that helpful. Or are you are gaining muscle in those areas but not losing weight overall?
Thatā€™s really interesting thank you, I might change my exercise approach see if it works

Hi all, will do a good search but thinking about signing up for Beachbody. What is the general opinion? Any good?

Hi all, will do a good search but thinking about signing up for Beachbody. What is the general opinion? Any good?
I like beachbody. They have a huge variety of workouts, for all levels of fitness/goals. I've followed some of their programmes in the past and got in really good shape. My only issue personally, is if I'm following a programme and then miss a workout, I go off the rails and find it hard to get back into the swing of things. Like, I know if I missed Mondays workout, I could just do it on Tuesday but it messes with my motivation if I do!! But that's just me!

Lost 1.5lbs this week. Iā€™d be happier but Iā€™ve been floating around this weight for the last month. It has been a busy month of birthdays and celebrations though so I have enjoyed myself.
Hoping I can lose 4lbs more in July as I really want to go under 200lbs

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Has anyone found contraceptive pills can affect their weight loss? I have been absolutely solidly consistent with eating and exercising for the past two weeks, even having covid (going out for walks on quiet routes early/late in the day). I have never struggled this much with making even the tiniest of progress and itā€™s so disheartening. Being on this medication is the only thing different from last year. Any advice welcome šŸ’œ

Has anyone found contraceptive pills can affect their weight loss? I have been absolutely solidly consistent with eating and exercising for the past two weeks, even having covid (going out for walks on quiet routes early/late in the day). I have never struggled this much with making even the tiniest of progress and itā€™s so disheartening. Being on this medication is the only thing different from last year. Any advice welcome šŸ’œ
I found my contraceptive pills and SSRIs both affected my weight, annoyingly :(

Hi gang! Need to get back on the healthy eating again, Iā€™ve stayed the same weight havenā€™t put anything back on but Iā€™ve been eating so much sugar lately itā€™s affecting my skin. Need a few ā€œcleanā€ weeks of just counting again!

• Sad
Hi gang,

after some advice. I feel like Iā€™ve been calorie counting basically my whole life (clearly not very well though!) I put on 4.5 stone when I was pregnant with my daughter and have lost 3ish of it in 2 years. However Iā€™ve been religiously CC since the beginning of the year and Iā€™ve barely shifted anything, I sit at about 1700-1800 calories a day. 12-20k steps a day, 3-4 gym sessions/couch to 5k sessions a week. What am I doing wrong?
I really donā€™t want to have to fork out Ā£200+ to a online coach or PT but I feel like thatā€™s kind of my only option now as I donā€™t understand whatā€™s happening!
grateful for any advice!!!

Hi gang,

after some advice. I feel like Iā€™ve been calorie counting basically my whole life (clearly not very well though!) I put on 4.5 stone when I was pregnant with my daughter and have lost 3ish of it in 2 years. However Iā€™ve been religiously CC since the beginning of the year and Iā€™ve barely shifted anything, I sit at about 1700-1800 calories a day. 12-20k steps a day, 3-4 gym sessions/couch to 5k sessions a week. What am I doing wrong?
I really donā€™t want to have to fork out Ā£200+ to a online coach or PT but I feel like thatā€™s kind of my only option now as I donā€™t understand whatā€™s happening!
grateful for any advice!!!
Do you weigh and measure? I never used to and itā€™s easy to go over calories when guesstimating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.