Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve deleted the motion app, it’s just not working and has unsynced from my watch. Tres annoying.

Reactions: 3
Can I join too! I have struggled for years with binge eating and emotional eating. A family member died last week at 62 with a heart attack, he never smoked, drunk wasn’t overweight where as I am 31 and weighed 17.1stone, down to 16.6stone now but still very overweight. Scares me I know I need to sort it out but it is so hard!
I work 9 hours at a desk each day!
intrigued as to what your side hustle is? Well done you!!!
It is scary, I have a much younger relative with heart issues too, they are only a tiny bit overweight. I think I am gambling with my own health at this point too. Well done on dropping down to 16.6, that is great. My side hustle is an Etsy shop, I have been working at it for 2 years now and it was doing well, but this month has seen a massive downturn in sales, so my plans for retirement are getting further from my reach.

I got a smartwatch a few weeks ago and shocked by how high my resting heart rate is, kind of scared me a bit... I know it's from lack of movement and making wrong food choices. I am always living off coffee throughout the day and then i get home and say 'oh well I didn't eat a thing today, I can have a Chinese'. I know it's wrong but I will let myself get so hungry that my willpower completely dissolves.

Not going to weigh myself for now as I would just like to get moving a bit more and try eat 3 regular meals a day.

Good luck to all of ye for the new week, I believe in us!!! :)
That sounds like a good plan, I think I will do the same. Good luck to you too!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hi everyone, was hoping to join in here.

I have quite a complex relationship with food, having done slimming world and weight watchers and other cultish diets. I am currently in a mental health hospital and have been for the past 2 years. I’m on meds that cause weight gain, and I eat too much and exercise too little. It’s only been the past 2 months or so that I’ve put a massive amount of weight on.
I know what my downfalls are:
-boredom eating
-wanting takeaways (order once per week)
-having access to a takeaway that is purely sweets, ice cream, cake, etc..
-having PCOS and little knowledge on how to manage this with the weight symptom
-ordering something on the menu that I consider to be healthy, then changing my mind at meal times and going for the less health option
-cancelling my PT sessions as I feel tired a lot of the time
-not having the leave I need to do enough exercise (I am sectioned leave has to be approved by the doctor)

So, I know what I need to work on. I’m going to weigh Myself tomorrow and go from there. I’m going to try and fit some different exercise in that I can do on the ward, like skipping and yoga. I really want to shift this weight. It makes me miserable.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Right Tattlers we've got this!

Although I think my scales are broken 😂 When I stepped on them at first, my weight was 15stone10lbs. Stepped off, waited two seconds and then stepped on where my weight dropped to 15stone7! Amazing results in seconds. In reality I think I need to buy a new set of scales after payday next week. No point lying to myself, eh?

A really interesting video popped up on my TT where Richard Osamon was talking about his addiction to food. His lightbulb moment came when he realised he had been eating every day like it was Christmas Day. It struck a chord with me as I very much view treats as an everyday occurrence. Literal food for thought there.

We've got this!

Reactions: 10
I’m writing a physical food diary in a notepad this week. I’m not counting calories, I just want to make a list of everything I’m eating. It’s easy to forget you’ve had a treat with your 11am coffee and then have another at 8pm after dinner. Trying to get husband to do the same as he’s become a little rotund around the middle bless him.
Definitely have a terrible habit of finishing work and immediately opening the wine bottle. Going to cut down this week as I know it’s not good for me.

Reactions: 5
Well done to those starting out. I've only had a weight issue with menopause, prior to that I could maintain my weight easily. My personal advice would be to build up a repertoire of easy, healthy meals. don't beat yourself up if you grab a takeaway, it takes a lot of adjustment to get used to the discipline. Success starts with planning your meals and stocking your cupboards with that in mind. Personally I don't have treats in the cupboard, if I want a treat I buy it, eat it done and I have to walk to the shop to get it.

Happy Monday!! I'm ready again. I was in a depressive rut for quite a while and didn't take care of myself inside and out. Also didn't weight myself for a while but starting today I'm making an effort again.

Reactions: 5
Still away on holiday and patiently waiting to see if I’ve got in the London marathon 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Feeling rather bloated as I always struggle to 💩on holiday :(
Going to try and eat less junk today in the hopes that that moves things along a bit

• Haha
Reactions: 8
My period started yesterday and I usually snack like crazy when on but so far so good I’ve had no sneaky snacks!

Still away on holiday and patiently waiting to see if I’ve got in the London marathon 🤞🏼🤞🏼
Feeling rather bloated as I always struggle to 💩on holiday :(
Going to try and eat less junk today in the hopes that that moves things along a bit
Salted peanuts are tasty and good for this. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Happy Monday here we go!! I have my gym bag packed in the car ready for after work! Going straight there else I won’t go! Second gym session since my car accident in July!!!
fish and rice for lunch!.Good luck everyone!

Hi everyone, was hoping to join in here.

I have quite a complex relationship with food, having done slimming world and weight watchers and other cultish diets. I am currently in a mental health hospital and have been for the past 2 years. I’m on meds that cause weight gain, and I eat too much and exercise too little. It’s only been the past 2 months or so that I’ve put a massive amount of weight on.
I know what my downfalls are:
-boredom eating
-wanting takeaways (order once per week)
-having access to a takeaway that is purely sweets, ice cream, cake, etc..
-having PCOS and little knowledge on how to manage this with the weight symptom
-ordering something on the menu that I consider to be healthy, then changing my mind at meal times and going for the less health option
-cancelling my PT sessions as I feel tired a lot of the time
-not having the leave I need to do enough exercise (I am sectioned leave has to be approved by the doctor)

So, I know what I need to work on. I’m going to weigh Myself tomorrow and go from there. I’m going to try and fit some different exercise in that I can do on the ward, like skipping and yoga. I really want to shift this weight. It makes me miserable.
You have a lot to contend with there, just take it one step at a time. Does your hospital have an occupational therapy annex? Some do and some of them have gym equipment (but I know, many don't). Might be worth asking around. Failing that, doing some skipping and yoga sounds like a great idea.

Reactions: 2
You have a lot to contend with there, just take it one step at a time. Does your hospital have an occupational therapy annex? Some do and some of them have gym equipment (but I know, many don't). Might be worth asking around. Failing that, doing some skipping and yoga sounds like a great idea.
We do. The gym is poorly equipped and could do with some new equipment as most of it is broken. We have a small gym attached to the ward with a treadmill and a couple of bikes. Quite boring really 😩

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Happy Monday here we go!! I have my gym bag packed in the car ready for after work! Going straight there else I won’t go! Second gym session since my car accident in July!!!
fish and rice for lunch!.Good luck everyone!
Just holding my self accountable after working 11 hours I’m home exhausted 😴 haven’t gone to the gym but rather than getting a takeaway or eating crap which is my normal when I’m tired I had fish and rice again! So I’m taking it as a win!

Day 1 went ok. Just had dinner after a really productive afternoon clearing out old expired things etc.

did a shop and grabbed the protein puddings!

Reactions: 7
I’m writing a physical food diary in a notepad this week. I’m not counting calories, I just want to make a list of everything I’m eating. It’s easy to forget you’ve had a treat with your 11am coffee and then have another at 8pm after dinner. Trying to get husband to do the same as he’s become a little rotund around the middle bless him.
Definitely have a terrible habit of finishing work and immediately opening the wine bottle. Going to cut down this week as I know it’s not good for me.
I like this. I’ve done it in the past, many moons ago and it’s amazing the foods I forget to log! It’s the nibbling before tea that gets me. A cracker here, a biscuit there. Definitely going to try going back to this. I’m so inconsistent with logging maybe a feed weeks just writing it out will give me the jolt I need. I’m at maintenance most weeks so I’m not far off just need to trim the calories a bit and up the exercising.

We do. The gym is poorly equipped and could do with some new equipment as most of it is broken. We have a small gym attached to the ward with a treadmill and a couple of bikes. Quite boring really 😩
Oh, that is sad, looks like skipping and yoga will be much more fun!

Well, my first day was kind of OK. I had to do my shopping on my way home from work and managed not to buy any crisps, which I am really pleased about because they are my biggest downfall. I also bought more fruit and veg and made myself a healthy dinner for a change. Unfortunately, I ended up eating some toast later on because I was still hungry. Oh well, small steps and I have made a start.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.