Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Well guys.. the day before I fly out for my wedding, despite two bouts of Covid this year and a dicky knee, I made it back down to my goal. Thank you so much for listening to my numerous rants and all the wisdom and support, genuinely couldn’t have done it without this thread. I will be back after my honeymoon 👰🏻‍♀️🤍

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 28

SirRoderickGossip

Hi everyone! Hope you don't mind me joining in.

I have been overweight for practically my whole life, however, until a few years ago I was much less big than I am now. I was seriously sexually assaulted in 2018 and as a result I put a huge amount of weight on in a very short period of tie. Before I knew it I weighed 21st and was basically at rock bottom. I'm only 5"5 and as you can imagine I looked and felt awful.
Last year I managed to lose nearly 3 stones, but really annoyingly after I started a really stressful new job, I put a lot of it back on. I was eating and drinking in order to deal with the stress of the job and my managers and weight loss just went out the window. Luckily, I'm now in a much nicer job but I've still been struggling to control my eating.
Since 1st January I've been doing a lot better: I've decided to cut all alcohol (except maybe birthdays, special occasions, etc) as it's just not worth the extra calories. I've worked out what calories I need to be eating and what healthy meals I like. I'm already feeling so much more like myself and it's been barely a weak!

The reason I'm here is that I need some accountability as I find that when I fall by the wayside, I'm not very good at just returning back to plan.

I've loved reading about all your amazing achievements and lovely supportive advice! I know I've got a lot more to lose than anyone else on this thread but I'd love to hear all your advice.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I’m going to put this image on this thread because this was a a real wake up call for my husband. He’s nowhere near this size but he’s getting a little belly and seeing this image at a museum recently has made him begin healthy eating.

44ED07B5-3272-4949-B7A3-B03B7F21206B.jpeg

it’s obvious, but our skeletons do not bulge with us and putting so much weight on them is dangerous.

if this upsets anyone please feel free to report it for deletion. I just thought it was interesting and may help some.

Reactions: 25
I've lost 5 stone and I honestly can't believe it 😭 ❤ I've been overweight my whole life. Now 31 and finally taking some control, I have various illnesses but I am doing it 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 25

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Had a wedding dress fitting today and it finally fits me again! The relief is real 😮💨 now I just need to maintain for the next month 🤞🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 23

lime

It's been a while since I posted in this thread, probably two years ago which was when I started my weight loss journey. I've lost 100lbs since then with consistent calorie counting. Probably roughly 1lb a week. I still have 40lbs to lose (I was very overweight). I did it by focusing on losing 50lbs in 2021, another 50lbs in 2022 and now my final 40lbs this year so I'm essentially "starting again" on a new journey or at least that's how I view it and it seems to have really helped.

I had a short period of maintence from November followed by a 5lbs gain over Christmas so I'm now back to my normal habits I've built up over the last couple of years. It looks like the scales are going down already. I feel ready to just get the last bit of weight off now, because even though I'm proud of myself for my loss so far in some ways it feels never ending and I look forward to just focusing on maintenance.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

uokhun92

Chatty Member
Hi new to this thread but determined to make a change for 2023 👋

Does anyone else get annoyed with some fitness/weight loss Instagrammers doing reels making recipes in their underwear? Is it really necessary 🤣 like how high is their thermostat for that to be possible without freezing to death for a start my nips would be stirring the food for me 🤣🤣 I’m stood here making tonight’s dinner with multiple layers on and a hot water bottle shoved under my hoodie and I’m still cold!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

jojida

Small non-scale victory today! I'm on my period and Friday's when I'm really bad mean popping into Tesco before work, getting a 5 pack of those bakery fresh cookies and then eating them all on my commute in. Had to pop into Tesco for some period bits, the smell of the bakery wafting through the whole shop, and I resisted. Feeling so smug even though it's such a small thing 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 19

rainbowlemon

VIP Member
God!! Where to start. I used to be really slim I used to have a horse ( he sadly died ) since then my weight has pilled on!! I used to be a size 8. I had a baby and I’m bigger now than after I gave birth😭😭😭. I’m really bloated this weekend we’re away in the Lake District and just feel sooo crappy about myself. I’m a postie as well so I should be slim from all the steps!!! I admit I don’t eat well. I’m 27 and need to do something about it. I feel sooo disgusting and can’t handle my bf seeing me naked. I’ve decided new year I am actually going to eat properly maybe even join the gym!! I used to work 5 days now only do 4. So feel I have time for the gym. I really need to do something about it as it’s making me a bit down. Salad diet starts tomorrow 😂
Maybe start from a place of kindness before anything else.

Women are allowed to take up space in this word. You don’t have to be a set size but you can work towards being healthier.

Your also just body created a human.You don’t have to slip back into shape like a celebrity.

Make a list of all the nice stuff your boy has ever said about you and stick it on a post it note on your bathroom mirror so you can see it every day.

You’re already on your feet a lot. Start small you don’t have to do it all at once.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I am in genuine awe of everyone who has started after new year, but I will participate next Monday 😂
I think I've posted this before but I just don't do 'stopping' and 'starting'. I think that's an SW 'on plan/off plan' thing but it's probably the best mental change I made.
I can't remember if I got this from the book Intuitive Eating or I read it somewhere but if you want to keep weight off longterm it has to be a lifestyle change, not a diet you stop and start. You don't have to wait until a certain time to 'start fresh', you can just 'keep going' after you ate something more calorific than you planned or made a less healthy choice (none of this 'bad food' 'naughty food' etc).
Not trying to patronise anyone here just thought it might be helpful. I would really recommend the book Intuitive Eating though. I spent years trapped in a cycle of 'starting on Monday so might as well binge on Sunday' 'eaten an ~ off plan ~ meal on Thursday so I've ruined the week now' 'it's Christmas so I'll stuff my face until I can't move for a fortnight then wonder why I've gained half a stone' etc etc. It's a restrictive food mentality that makes you binge and if you can get out of that it makes this process SO much easier.

• Heart

CallMeHollywood

VIP Member
I weighed myself today which I’ve not done in a while and it looks like I’ve managed to shift 7lbs in two weeks which I’m thrilled with!

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
Guys the weirdest bloody thing happened to me today! So I was talking to my mum about my weight and she asked how much I weigh and I was like “I’ve gone down to 11 stone” and she looked at me and went “you’re not 11 stone” and I was like I think I know how much I weigh hun 😂 Even here I put 11 stone and I’ve been blabbing to everyone for 3 weeks, I’m 11 stone and on a diet

SW: 11 stone 6 pounds
CW: 11 stone
GW for wedding: 10 stone 8 pounds

GW after wedding: 9 stone 8 pounds
But I must have been reading the scales wrong because I’m bloody 10 stone! 😱 (and 1 pound lol) feel like I’m just really thick and got in into my head I was 11! Feel like I’ve lost a whole stone now 😂😂😂

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha

SwizzleMalarkey

VIP Member
I’ve lost 3 stone since June 🥳
I feel so much healthier and confident, it’s amazing.
I think the best tips I could give is if you need to lose a serious amount you need to approach it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Restricting yourself too much won’t work as it’s not sustainable. Make small changes and it will happen slowly.
Also if you can find a form of exercise you enjoy that will make a massive difference.
I only weigh myself once a month too and take progress pics. If you do it once a month the natural fluctuations over your cycle etc will even themselves out and you will always see a good amount of progress.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

bellinibobble

VIP Member
Well guys.. the day before I fly out for my wedding, despite two bouts of Covid this year and a dicky knee, I made it back down to my goal. Thank you so much for listening to my numerous rants and all the wisdom and support, genuinely couldn’t have done it without this thread. I will be back after my honeymoon 👰🏻‍♀️🤍
Hey everyone, back from my minimoon and wanted to share a before and after pic (trying to be anon). The before picture is not at my biggest (I can’t find many full length pictures of that time.. probably avoiding photos tbh). The after is on my wedding day. After indulging during the wedding and our minimoon I only put on 6lbs, which I was shocked about.. and I think a few lbs will be water weight and easily lost again.
Starting to make some new exercise and fitness based goals rather than weight loss alone - strength work, like single leg squats and pull ups, neither of which I can do yet! I’ll also be going to physio now I have some spare cash, and hopefully get back to running. Looking forward to carrying on the hard work with you all 🫶🏻

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I’m probably not going to take health advice from someone who thought heroin sounded like a good idea, if I’m honest.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Eenymeenyminymo

VIP Member
Cheeky weigh in today (official is tomorrow) and I’m at 199.5lbs, first goal was under 200lbs. Stuck at home with covid so did lose my appetite for 1 day but rest of the week has been tracked.

• Heart

Peachy9

VIP Member
Anyone do/tried Davina’s plan?
I was reading an interview with her today in a random health magazine and she was talking about her new plan. I was interested until she mentioned her previous 'bad food habits' which included a (gasp) spoon of honey in a cup of green tea....my eyes rolled so far into the back of my head that im writing this whilst peeping out from my pony tail 🤦

I really wish I was the kind of person who's naughty food treats included a single square of dark chocolate or a prune 😭

• Haha
  • Heart