Weight Loss and Healthy Living #9 Tattlers Transformation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since last Monday I’m down 5lbs. Adhd medication has seriously helped my appetite feel more like how I think a “normal” person’s would. I haven’t had a binge since I started. And all the other benefits but that’s for the adhd thread🤔
I had a mini goal to squeeze into something this weekend and I’m nervous to see if it was enough. 😬
Once I’m back from the weekend away it’s back on the CC!

Reactions: 7
My attitude to food this week has been odd (but in a positive way!). Usually I would be *obsessed* with where my next meal was coming from. Watching TV had to involve some form of snacks. You get the idea.

The biggest changes I've made on this "journey" is dramatically upping my water intake to at least 2 liters a day and calorie counting. I've noticed I'm not as hungry as I usually am. Yesterday I even forgot to eat part of my packed lunch 😳 This does not happen to me unless I'm unwell.

Tomorrow I'm meeting friends for dinner and I'm already planning in the sense of having a slightly smaller breakfast and lunch to compensate for having a larger dinner. It's also weigh in day for and hoping I've at least maintained this week.

My period is due in the next couple of days and I'm usually a food Hoover that week. I'll be interested to see if this mindset continues next week.

Reactions: 3

I have been reading up/watching You Tube etc about this GP(Dr David Unwin) today as I am in a similar position to you.
I remembered seeing him on a programme years ago, as he actually listened to an angry patient who cured herself when he was meant to do that. He worked with her to change how he treated his patients from then on.
Oh to have a GP who doesn't pat you on the head condescendingly, when you don't agree with the treatment.
I have tried drastic low carb off my own bat and it worked, but now I want to go for a gentler route, to lose the weight gained through ignoring my gut feeling and listening to my GP. So I want to follow Dr Unwin's advice now. My great grandparents ate real food and lived to a ripe old age. The ones that followed who ate processed crap that we see in the supermarket now haven't lived as long.
You may find this of use also hopefully.
Thankyou, I will read up on him after work x

Thankyou, I will read up on him after work x
I've just watched another interview he's done. At one point in it he realised he could say what he wants and talked about a chef who contacted him to say that the doctor had changed his life. The doctor said the chef has done a few low carb recipe books since. Then I realised I've got one of the books and I haven't used it yet 🤦🤷😄
Here's the interview if you're interested:-

Reactions: 1
Since last Monday I’m down 5lbs. Adhd medication has seriously helped my appetite feel more like how I think a “normal” person’s would. I haven’t had a binge since I started. And all the other benefits but that’s for the adhd thread🤔
I had a mini goal to squeeze into something this weekend and I’m nervous to see if it was enough. 😬
Once I’m back from the weekend away it’s back on the CC!
Same here! I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and sometimes an afternoon snack. I used to graze all day.

I’ve lost 2.5kg since coming back from holiday!

Reactions: 4
I'm incredibly interested in the link between food and ADHD. I tried to get a diagnosis three years ago but was told I was unlikely to have it because I have a Master. But I have been tempted to persue a private assessment (but that's for another thread).

Food definitely has a dopamine affect on me. I keep eating even if my body is yelling at me to stop. Especially crisps. They can be hoovered up in seconds.

Husband wants
Burger King
for dinner tonight so I’ve been trying to work out my best approach. I love a
chicken royale
but the calories are through the roof ☹
I’ve hidden it behind spoilers because even thinking about it is making me hungry.

Tonight Dr Spoke and I at revisiting some friends so will be having a Domino’s tonight! I’ve hit my calorie and move goals all week, I am allowing it

Reactions: 6
Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment for my general check up for thyroid issues, and I'm hoping my blood sugar will be better than how it was the last time I went. I've put back on 2 lbs in the past two weeks after falling off the wagon. Trying not to beat myself up about it but I am annoyed with myself.

I feel so drained at work/after work that I need a satisfying pick me up and that's usually a salty snack like crisps or junk food. Does anyone have better alternatives that'll satiate my mind, more so than my stomach? I don't have a sweet tooth so those are easier to stay away from but bread, potatoes and salty snacks are my downfall.

Hello my lovely Tattle family 💕,
As all you know I started my Hashimoto/Insulin diet exactly one week ago...
I had only 2 evenings when I had things which I am not allowed 🐷
Today I hit the scale without any expectations ( mostly bcs i am eating 7x per day and I can't imagine to loose any weight by eating every 2h)

And OMf*G I lost 4kg since last time I checked (2 weeks ago).

To all the girls wich are wondering should they start running/fast walking every day ---- yes, yes, yes and yes!💖
It's a very slow progress... (In my case at least 😃), but now after 3 full months of almost every day 1h walk/run/power walk...
My body is totally changed.
I think I didn't look so good in last few years.
Regardless to number on scale (wich shows still few kg extra) my legs are without cellulite and my belly is much much smaller.

August 34.5km 2780kcal
September 56.4km 4902kcal
October 71.3km 5464kcal
November ... 19.2km 1407kcal

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I got a smartwatch a few weeks ago and shocked by how high my resting heart rate is, kind of scared me a bit... I know it's from lack of movement and making wrong food choices. I am always living off coffee throughout the day and then i get home and say 'oh well I didn't eat a thing today, I can have a Chinese'. I know it's wrong but I will let myself get so hungry that my willpower completely dissolves.

Not going to weigh myself for now as I would just like to get moving a bit more and try eat 3 regular meals a day.

Good luck to all of ye for the new week, I believe in us!!! :)
I really haven’t been motivated ☹

I have been walking/moving more which is good but I feel like food is my only comfort in the winter!!!! Like the only thing that gets me through the day and through my commute is the thought of a piping hot Chinese (can you tell I’m addicted to Chinese). I am going to try replicate my order with better ingredients at home and add some extra veg.

I have also been bringing snacky bits to work - grapes, carrots, crackers - rather than surviving off coffee!

Reactions: 4
I had my hair cut this week, it was a bit different from the norm and I love it but really felt uncomfortable with people commenting on it so have spent the whole week tying it back and it got me thinking about my weightloss. I always self sabotage and I think subconsciously I’m don’t like people commenting on my appearance even when it’s nice. I’m very introverted also. When I was pregnant despite everyone knowing I wore the baggiest clothes to hide the bump as felt uncomfortable having it on show. Same with my wedding I found the smallest venue so could only invite a handful of people as I hated the thought of walking down the aisle to lots of people.
I think subconsciously I feel safer being fat as people won’t comment on me. Anyway just rambling a bit but it’s made me stop and realise I need to work on this otherwise I will never lose any weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think subconsciously I feel safer being fat as people won’t comment on me. Anyway just rambling a bit but it’s made me stop and realise I need to work on this otherwise I will never lose any weight.
Wow I really relate to this and never knew anyone felt the same way!!! I did not see healthy relationships growing up and was always terrified of male attention/boys. I didn’t consciously think it at the time but being a little bigger was a way to ensure men didn’t approach me on nights out with friends etc. even though it hurt to be lonely and left out and undesired I definitely used it as my safety net to keep people from getting close to me.

can’t believe others feel this way 🤍🤍🤍🤍

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Feeling like a right fat bastard today but can’t get motivated. Think I need to wire my jaw shut.

Been to the gym less as it's so busy at work, but the extra couple of days between visits has meant I've felt stronger once I've got there - and ten minutes at the end largely walking it out from downward facing dog to plank and back again really seems to have helped my back a lot.

I did get knocked on my arse by a mega-cold over the weekend, though, so I haven't had anything much to eat due to not being able to breathe properly/sore throat/gonisingly itchy inner ears (and feeling like crap because I keep waking up every hour); I've had soup twice, beans and hotdog sausages, some steamed veg, a couple of eggs and veg stirfry with rice. The bonus of this has been that the last pair of just-that-bit-too-tight trousers now fit.

Hopefully I'll be more back to normal tomorrow.

I’ve lost two kgs in the last week. Small amounts consistently is what’s going to get me down.

OK, back on it (she says, again). Got an event in 5 weeks where I want to wear a pre-covid dress that does up now but looks better at least half a stone down from here.

Just got my period so this week my focus is on making nutritious choices and walking because I know I won’t see much difference or have motivation. Trying the Tim Spector approach of 30 different plants in a week, keeps me preparing from scratch (which I prefer for how it makes me feel and the impact on my bank balance) and avoiding unhealthy choices!

Reactions: 5
I’ve decided to start calorie counting (instead of doing slimming world!) and I do have one of this fancy scales that tell you your body fat, muscle fat, water weight and my BMR. I’ve gone on a few different CC calculators to work out what should be my calories for the day. But it’s roughly the same as my BMR from my scales?? If I go off my scales BMR, and take away 500, it means my calories for the day would be something so small like 1125??

Help?

I’ve decided to start calorie counting (instead of doing slimming world!) and I do have one of this fancy scales that tell you your body fat, muscle fat, water weight and my BMR. I’ve gone on a few different CC calculators to work out what should be my calories for the day. But it’s roughly the same as my BMR from my scales?? If I go off my scales BMR, and take away 500, it means my calories for the day would be something so small like 1125??

Help?
I’ve got the nutra check app and it links to my Apple Watch so the more exercise I do it adds more calories to my allowance!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.