Vigil - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Really enjoying the twist and turns but some of the storylines are winding me up. If they were so adamant they were being followed by the “enemy” then would they duck be singing at a memorial, they would be a quiet state so they’re not trackable 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The plot thickens! I'm going to have to watch it again tomorrow and possibly make notes! o_O
Love this.
1630877202767.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
This drama is too bloody cheesy - even for me!
You are being tailed by someone dodgy so ask for back up. So where do you end up? On the the roof of a car park of course.
I can’t think of a safer place!!! 🤪🤪🤪

Detective Silva is still running around the submarine telling everyone that there has been a murder. She doesn’t play her cards close to her chest does she? 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 17
This drama is too bloody cheesy - even for me!
You are being tailed by someone dodgy so ask for back up. So where do you end up? On the the roof of a car park of course.
I can’t think of a safer place!!! 🤪🤪🤪

Detective Silva is still running around the submarine telling everyone that there has been a murder. She doesn’t play her cards close to her chest does she? 😆
I've rolled my eyes too many times to mention but I'm still watching😂 there's really no need for her to even be on the sub, the body wasn't released so why not just wait til they all get off and question them properly 😑

Reactions: 5
I wish DS Longacre would just remember the number plate and then make a note of it on her phone rather than needing to take a photo. These MI5 officers have obviously never been trained in covert surveillance either, most blatant following possible.

Why did the Navy ask MI5 for information regarding an American submarine, surely that falls under the remit of MI6 or a naval intelligence gathering group.

Finally, if two American military contractors die of mysterious circumstances then an investigation will be conducted. Chucking them in the sea won't cover up the fact they have been "boiled" to death. Every person who sees the bodies would recognise the severe blisters and burn marks and almost everyone would come to the conclusion that it happened in proximity to a nuclear reactor as they are on a base with nuclear subs. The Americans have no reason to cover it up and the fallout from this would cause a massive diplomatic incident.

This show is so frustrating, it could have been really good but it seems to want to go off the deep end at every available opportunity.

The whole emotional backstory of DCI Silva is a bit tedious and it’s obvious she will end up with DS Longacre.

Reactions: 14
I was babysitting at my sisters tonight and she came home right at the point where it was being explained what happened to the 2 contractors and I bloody missed it 😭 thank god for this thread, I think I've managed to work out what happened!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don’t want to be that person but Vigil could be so much better if Jed Mercurio had written it.

Reactions: 9
Listening to shrine of duty last night and they were talking about how none of them had any idea about the nuclear weapons in Scotland. It actually shocked me. I live on the other side of the water from faslane it terrifies me that it's so close. But I just wondered is this true of most people in the UK, do people not know trident exists?🤔
I’m also close by and this amazed me too. I feel like they are something I’m always aware of and it just feels weird that people elsewhere in the country don’t even know about them! Even just the other day people were sharing pics of a trident sub up the north coast on Facebook. It’s a common sight if you live on the Clyde or up the Scottish coastline.

Reactions: 10
Isn't it lucky that the clues Silva gets sent to crack the case just happen to correspond with her colleague/love interest's favourite things. What are the chances?! 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Why would Amy tell Glover everything? Surely you’d treat everyone on board as a possible suspect

Loose lips sink ships 🚢 (and submarines)

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
I can't belive I have missed the eyebrows...they are impressive!

If i was being chased, the last place I would go to is a dead end multi story car park, in which you have to drive at 5mph going up the windy ramp, otherwise you drive into the kerb. (Or is this just me?!)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Most inaccurate thing from last night is Kirsten getting a decent phone signal in the Clyde Tunnel. And she didn't hold her breath driving through it which is just the done thing :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Most inaccurate thing from last night is Kirsten getting a decent phone signal in the Clyde Tunnel. And she didn't hold her breath driving through it which is just the done thing :ROFLMAO:
Aye what kind of maniac breathes through the tunnel!? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It’s beyond ludicrous but I’m invested.

Why on earth would a mother lose custody of her kid because of an accident?

Why would a person with severe water anxiety/ ptsd be sent on a submarine?

But anyway.

Reactions: 5
It’s beyond ludicrous but I’m invested.

Why on earth would a mother lose custody of her kid because of an accident?

Why would a person with severe water anxiety/ ptsd be sent on a submarine?

But anyway.
It's not her kid. She and the girl's father weren't married, although it sounds as though she brought the child up. No idea what happened to the real mother but presumably the grandparents are the only blood relatives.

Agree with your second point.

Reactions: 8
I love it but dislike her girlfriend. “I AM A POLICE OFFICER I DID DRAMA AT COLLEGE I AM A REAL LIFE POLICE OFFICER” she’s a shite actress

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yeh Rose Leslie is fit but how’s her handbrake turn? She’s no Vicky McClure in her Line of Duty 6 getaway driver era 🥰🚙

• Haha
Reactions: 11