Vigil - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank god that’s finished. I said to my other half part way through that actually, it wouldn’t be the worst ending if it just sunk to the bottom and everyone died. Bang, the end, thank you.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I did wonder about him. He gave Amy a weird look in the helicopter in the first episode, and then he wasn't really seen again

Reactions: 2
There's a picture of Amy in next week's Radio Times wearing an outfit I can't recall seeing before (red jacket?) So presumably she escaped a watery end. I think this is where the constant reminders of her skill at morse code comes it. She managed to tap out: 'Help. I'm trapped in a torpedo tube', and was rescued. 😅
Told you!! 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
So much more could have been done with the plot.
I was expecting to see various twists and turns as DS Silva withdrew from her medication - but no.
It was an absolute cheese fest, with some bloody awful scenes.

New series from the writers of Vigil coming soon….err🤔
I’ll give that one a miss 🤣

if there hasn’t been the romantic story line, and those extra minutes had been used telling the story it could have been so good. So many things that could have been brought in, Amy’s withdrawal from her meds, less obvious stuff like the morse code… but no. A real missed opportunity, I think.The cast, aside from the eyebrows had so much potential but no

Reactions: 4
So much more could have been done with the plot.
I was expecting to see various twists and turns as DS Silva withdrew from her medication - but no.
It was an absolute cheese fest, with some bloody awful scenes.
On my mark MARK!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It would have been so much better without all the romantic stuff. It was just so pointless.
Honestly seems to me somewhere in the rewrite somebody has said 'woah woah woah what is Silva's arc?! Every protagonist needs an arc, all the books say so!' And then they shoe horned it in with a load of tit that happened via flashback with no relevance to the actual plot which it turns out is boring for the audience.

I still don’t understand how Doward knew Amy would be the one to deliver the contaminant? It was meant to be the Liverpool guy so how did he know to lie in wait?
The Doward interview was terrible - no answer to why he became a traitor?
So many questions, struggling to give a duck though. Absolute shite

Such a disappointing ending! The first half an hour just made me feel claustrophobic and then I thought it was getting better when they were interviewing the Russian spy but that didn't go anywhere!

Reactions: 6
Twenty minutes from the end me, my dad and his missus decided there HAD to be a twist. TWENTY MINUTES. And there was NO TWIST!

Reactions: 5
Honestly seems to me somewhere in the rewrite somebody has said 'woah woah woah what is Silva's arc?! Every protagonist needs an arc, all the books say so!' And then they shoe horned it in with a load of tit that happened via flashback with no relevance to the actual plot which it turns out is boring for the audience.
Perhaps they thought the basic story about espionage on board a sub. might only appeal to male viewers, so they threw in some romance for the ladeez! 🙄

Reactions: 1
Aside from the flashbacks and Suranne Jones it was an ok drama. I wondered how they would fill out the last episode as we found out who the villain was on the penultimate, but they padded it out for 1 hour 🥱.

6 weeks of watching and waiting, done.

I still don’t understand how Doward knew Amy would be the one to deliver the contaminant? It was meant to be the Liverpool guy so how did he know to lie in wait?
The Doward interview was terrible - no answer to why he became a traitor?
So many questions, struggling to give a duck though. Absolute shite
Suranne said something like his motivation was ‘he’s a narcissist and wants the attention, I’ve seen enough’ it was so lazily done.

It was so obviously Doward from the start, I naively held onto hope there was going to be a twist or he was a red herring (all his ‘looks’ and odd behaviour). Towards the end I thought they were going to say it wasn’t Russians, it was actually a secret group of anti-nuclear MPs. But no, it’s always the Russians.