Vigil - BBC

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For those who want to know BBC has uploaded first 3 episodes of season 2 onto iPlayer. So far so good!
I'm looking forward to giving it a go. We quite enjoyed S1. I don't remember it being as bad as people say but I think I spent most of it being distracted by Suranne's strange eyebrows! 😂

Reactions: 5
I’m watching live, I like the suspense of watching week to week. I do have no recollection of what actually happened last series though 🤣

Reactions: 1
I’m watching live, I like the suspense of watching week to week. I do have no recollection of what actually happened last series though 🤣
I just remember Martin Compston was all over the promo and in the actual series he was in it for about 3 minutes. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Can I watch series 2 without having finished the first series? I bailed after a couple of episodes and have no regrets 😂

Can I watch series 2 without having finished the first series? I bailed after a couple of episodes and have no regrets 😂
Yes as completely different stories - however, there is the love interest of Suranne Jones's character with Rose Leslie's character.

Having just binged the entireity of Slow Horses I thought this might fill the void but the opening dialogue exchange made my teeth itch 🤣 so much for 'show, don't tell', felt very clumsy the way the revelation of cancer was reacted to. Looks like they have a beefier budget though so I will stick with it.

Dougray Scott’s accent is making my ears bleed. Can’t he just speak normally? It’s so distracting.

Reactions: 2
It’s okay so far, nothing special. I normally like Rose Leslie but just don’t in this. I also dont think her and Suranne Jones make a convincing couple.

Reactions: 7
Halfway through but not finding it very exciting. Predictable storyline, was hoping for some plot twists

Having just binged the entireity of Slow Horses I thought this might fill the void but the opening dialogue exchange made my teeth itch 🤣 so much for 'show, don't tell', felt very clumsy the way the revelation of cancer was reacted to. Looks like they have a beefier budget though so I will stick with it.
Slow Horses compares to Vigil in the same way that filet mignon compares to a Greggs steak bake.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I actually really enjoyed the first series I think being set on a submarine kind of added an element of suspense can't get in to this series though might shelve it and come back to it in the new year

I had trouble following it at times, but I enjoyed this series a bit more than the first one. Both nonsense though, but entertaining nonsense. And I can recommend the Shrine podcast to fill in any gaps as they have good episode recaps

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just finished series 2. Please don't jump at me for saying this, but in the final half of the final episode, Flight Sgt Eliza Russell *spoiler hidden* was giving off real Lucy Letby vibes. Maybe it was something as simple as the blonde hair bring worn down but when she finally admitted to everything in that interview room, I couldn't help but compare her to LL. I've not followed the LL case in great detail but know the general outline of it