Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was thinking Singapore was a successful multicultural nation but wasn’t a 100% sure. I think that’s great about the children being seated next to someone who is a different ethnicity. I have young family members in school and already, even at 8, they say ‘oh we can’t go over to play at X’s house because their parents don’t like white children’ and it’s really heartbreaking because the children want to play together and become friends.
Singapore is also essentially, a benevolent dictatorship. It has really harsh punishment and fines (which often disproportionately effect one group). It has harsh restrictions on assemblies, free speech and other human rights. It was extremely authoritarian when covid hit, sharing track and trace data with the police. It is not an example IMO to follow.

it’s been criticised for its treatment of “migrant workers” and white British/European expats have been known to get preferential treatment. For example some 300K migrant workers were essentially locked into dorms because of covid. They are poorer and more vulnerable. The PAP control the media in Singapore so of course internationally it enjoys a decent reputation. It helps that it’s a small, wealthy country.

The jury is out for me if Singapore can be deemed successful on that front…! To me it’s basically the Dubai of South Asia. I suppose it depends what successful multiculturalism looks like to the individual!

Reactions: 13
People who drive to school to take their kids when they live a 10-15 min walk away, stop being a lazy tit! The lady who lives in the next road to me (takes me 7 mins to walk to school) drives everyday and even sets of before me to get a parking space! Primary schools are ridiculous for it near me
I was going to post similar, but for people who live next to a school probably massively agree 😂 we moved out of area for my eldest last year of school, so had to drive, but I hated it. Much prefer to walk. It’s the only exercise I get 😂
When I was doing the school run before half term, one of the mums parked on a yellow line. A lorry couldn’t get through causing mayhem. Ended up scratching her car. Served her right!

Reactions: 2
I used to walk to school to pick up my son. It was about 15 min or so. The lady who was my neighbour would drive. I’d walk pass her getting into the car and I’d get to school before her. Walking you could go in a straight line and take a short cut but driving you’d get through several roundabouts and traffic lights. I never understood it! Lazy is the only word I can think of!
So lazy and they always seem to park like absolute dicks all over the paths and blocking each other in

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Let’s go extreme line crossing for the laugh 😐

people with really serious life altering illnesses like cancer tend to complain less than the attention seekers with fibromynotarealillness and the likes.

which in itself has become a competitive moaning sport.
How many tablets do you take a day?
How long does it take you to walk to the kitchen 😐
What dosage do you take compared to others…?

don’t care 😐 go collect a real illness with your 200 monopoly points 😐

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35

people with really serious life altering illnesses like cancer tend to complain less than the attention seekers with fibromynotarealillness and the likes.

don’t care 😐
Omg I've got someone on FB who has fybromyalgia or however you spell it and she hashtags all her posts with #fybrowarrior and it's so cringey. They're like a cult! All the comments on her posts are from other sufferers and it really is like a competition over who has it worse! You don't see me adding everyone who has IBS on FB and hashtagging all my posts #IBSWarrior

• Haha
Reactions: 23

don’t care 😐
Lol not extreme enough! Bring out something worthy of the popcorn. 🍿

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Omg I've got someone on FB who has fybromyalgia or however you spell it and she hashtags all her posts with #fybrowarrior and it's so cringey. They're like a cult! All the comments on her posts are from other sufferers and it really is like a competition over who has it worse! You don't see me adding everyone who has IBS on FB and hashtagging all my posts #IBSWarrior
you spell it fybomyarsehole 😐

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
People who drive to school to take their kids when they live a 10-15 min walk away, stop being a lazy tit! The lady who lives in the next road to me (takes me 7 mins to walk to school) drives everyday and even sets of before me to get a parking space! Primary schools are ridiculous for it near me
Our walk to and from school is about 20 minutes. Today I was late leaving an appointment so I didn't have time to take the car home and walk to school.

What with pissing about in the traffic, its taken us 35 minutes to get home, I'm stressed from all the weaving around cars and idiots pulling out on us, and I've missed our little post school chat because I was too busy getting annoyed at the traffic to chat in the car. I'll stick to walking in future.

People who call themselves single mums making out they do it all alone how hard it is etc you wouldnt understand cus your not single blah blah blah, but send the kids of to dads every Friday-Monday.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

don’t care 😐
I mentioned similar in another thread. There seems to be a lot of "I've got it worse than you". I remember someone claiming they'd googled a condition I have (my eyes shake) and said "doesn't that only affect your confidence?" I bloody wish.

Tomato sauce is horrible. Much prefer barbecue.

People who call themselves single mums making out they do it all alone how hard it is etc you wouldnt understand cus your not single blah blah blah, but send the kids of to dads every Friday-Monday.
Then have the grandparents babysit during the week :LOL:

• Haha
This. I completely get that some parents may drop their children off on the way to work, but why not at least make an effort to park a little further away. It's when they resort to double parking and blocking pavements that grinds my gears, I honestly don't know how anybody who drives can live in the same road as a school. I'd have to be permanently out during the school run if I wasn't at work.

On the subject of parking, I live near a row of shops that has numerous parking spaces next to it. The amount of lazy, entitled arseholes who dump their cars on the double yellow lines opposite the spaces is unbelievable. And this is when there are several free parking spaces. They cause absolute mayhem to the traffic flow and all seem to be in possession of that entitled mindset of "I'll do what I want and nobody can call me out on it".

Reactions: 4
Ouch 😬 if my 20 something year old self saw this 😂 my eldest went every other weekend to her dads. And it was bloody hard. But I get a lot of people have a lot more help than I ever received

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I'll probably twist some noggins but Fibro, IBS, ADHD etc etc, I don't believe any of them are real illnesses. Don't get me wrong, I believe people's symptoms are real, but I think the diagnoses are just names the doctor gives because they essentially don't know what's wrong with you. A sort of, take this, be happy and duck off now you have a named thing. I also think alot of the time it is simply your body having a paddy because of your tit lifestyle choices. Again - I make this clear I certainly don't mean everyone, but definitely alot of the Fibro huns. I worked with a girl once who 'had' fibro which basically was fatigue and body wide aches, yet she made no connection to the fact she lived off Big Macs, cigarettes, binge drinking and never moving.

I also think alot of ADHD kids are just little shits with bad parenting. SOZ bbz.

Reactions: 17
Then have the grandparents babysit during the week :LOL:
Haha yes! I know someone who barely has her kid leaves her with anyone (reminds me of Dave and Denise from royle family) out 3/4 nights a week chasing tail, but still proudly claims she’s a single mother doing it all when Father’s Day roles round!

Getting "paid" ... NO hun, the DWP give u money to at least breath another day. YOU DO NOT GET PAID

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I was thinking Singapore was a successful multicultural nation but wasn’t a 100% sure. I think that’s great about the children being seated next to someone who is a different ethnicity. I have young family members in school and already, even at 8, they say ‘oh we can’t go over to play at X’s house because their parents don’t like white children’ and it’s really heartbreaking because the children want to play together and become friends.
Imagine moving to a country and hating the people/ideology that is there 🥴. Saying that I know the parents of these children's probably aren't first generation immagrant but somewhere along the way, someone made a decision to move to a country where they didn't agree with the culture. I think children are the perfect examples of who should be first to start mixing, adults are so set in their ways and varied opinions tend to divide rather than become adopted.

I'll probably twist some noggins but Fibro, IBS, ADHD etc etc, I don't believe any of them are real illnesses. Don't get me wrong, I believe people's symptoms are real, but I think the diagnoses are just names the doctor gives because they essentially don't know what's wrong with you. A sort of, take this, be happy and duck off now you have a named thing. I also think alot of the time it is simply your body having a paddy because of your tit lifestyle choices. Again - I make this clear I certainly don't mean everyone, but definitely alot of the Fibro huns. I worked with a girl once who 'had' fibro which basically was fatigue and body wide aches, yet she made no connection to the fact she lived off Big Macs, cigarettes, binge drinking and never moving.

I also think alot of ADHD kids are just little shits with bad parenting. SOZ bbz.
I got the impression when I was told I had IBS, it was "we have no idea whats wrong, so here's a label". Part of my problem currently is the medication I'm on.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was a single mum & my ex didn't pay child support or ever see his kids (it wouldn't have been safe for them anyway). All my family are over 100 miles away. I worked full time, paid the mortgage childcare everything, and was always skint. Never had a break from kids other than work 😂😂

An acquaintance with a very well paid husband who occasionally travelled for his work (maybe once every two months) said to me she was basically a single parent too. 😐🤨🤯

NO SHE WASN'T

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.