Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My unpopular opinion (and I know this is going to piss people off, but hey) I find skinniness in women and the skinny ideal really offputting. This isn't jealousy. It is genuine. I was very thin when younger, and although I was praised I HATED it. I am so, so much happier at a curvy 10-12 than I was at a UK 6. I will also always defend fat women over thin women, I hate when thin women whine when people don't want to look like them or when they whine about too skinny models being banned. Too right they should be banned. If obesity is unhealthy (which it is, I'm not pro-fat but I do think that fat people get a very hard time) then so is being skinny. Yet only one is demonised.

Cricket is actually really exciting. It's a gradual build up and a combination of tactics that transcends other sports.

In all its forms. Test cricket relies more on tactics and is there anything more British than also taking into account the weather which depends on how you play and when you declare. T20 just takes into account overs which makes it quicker and you choose more aggressive batsmen for it.

People who don't like it just don't understand the complexity.
If you say so lol.

I'm unsure why full lips are seen as the gold standard. IMO thin tight lips look amazing
Depends on what you mean by thin, I suppose. I agree that a trout pout isn't nice, but my lips are naturally full and though I say it as shouldn't, I can see why they are the gold standard. I have never once looked at a thin lipped woman and thought 'I wish my lips were like hers'. I have, however, had loads of such women say that they wished they had my lips. I'm not a vain person and I wouldn't say I was anything special looks wise, but I do love my lips and see why they are seen as beautiful :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
@lucrecia apologies, my post was poorly worded. Obviously naturally full lips are beautiful too, I just mean that thin and tight can look lovely too and that beauty standards seem to push the "you should get lip fillers" narrative. It was more a rant against lip fillers than anything!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@lucrecia apologies, my post was poorly worded. Obviously naturally full lips are beautiful too, I just mean that thin and tight can look lovely too and that beauty standards seem to push the "you should get lip fillers" narrative. It was more a rant against lip fillers than anything!
No worries at all, I totally agree.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My unpopular opinion (and I know this is going to piss people off, but hey) I find skinniness in women and the skinny ideal really offputting. This isn't jealousy. It is genuine. I was very thin when younger, and although I was praised I HATED it. I am so, so much happier at a curvy 10-12 than I was at a UK 6. I will also always defend fat women over thin women, I hate when thin women whine when people don't want to look like them or when they whine about too skinny models being banned. Too right they should be banned. If obesity is unhealthy (which it is, I'm not pro-fat but I do think that fat people get a very hard time) then so is being skinny. Yet only one is demonised.

If you say so lol.

Depends on what you mean by thin, I suppose. I agree that a trout pout isn't nice, but my lips are naturally full and though I say it as shouldn't, I can see why they are the gold standard. I have never once looked at a thin lipped woman and thought 'I wish my lips were like hers'. I have, however, had loads of such women say that they wished they had my lips. I'm not a vain person and I wouldn't say I was anything special looks wise, but I do love my lips and see why they are seen as beautiful :)
I like skinniness but I wish I didn’t. I know it makes no real sense and is down to external influences.

I’m a size 10-12 but I’m desperate to get back to the size 6-8 I was for most of my teens/20s, which isn’t really feasible. I’m older, my body has changed and I plan on having kids. I think curves can look really beautiful, and it’s more natural, but I still prefer the super skinny look.

ugh what’s your secret?!

Reactions: 1
I suppose it depends what is meant by 'curvy'. You could be a 6-8 and have curves. Or a 10-12 and be straight up and down.

Reactions: 20
Strictly speaking, the vast majority of women will have 'curves' regardless of size. Curvy has kind of lost all meaning in a way

Reactions: 17
I like skinniness but I wish I didn’t. I know it makes no real sense and is down to external influences.

I’m a size 10-12 but I’m desperate to get back to the size 6-8 I was for most of my teens/20s, which isn’t really feasible. I’m older, my body has changed and I plan on having kids. I think curves can look really beautiful, and it’s more natural, but I still prefer the super skinny look.

ugh what’s your secret?!
Honestly, my secret is just comparing how I used to look and feel to how I do now. I actually didn't look too bad when I was skinny, but that was in part because I was very young. I'm nearly 40 now and I still look young, which I suspect I wouldn't if I had tried to stay very thin. When I think of which models/actors/etc I think are beautiful (especially who are my age or older) none of the ones who are super thin come to mind. For example, Gwyneth Paltrow used to be quite striking, but now I think she just looks haggard and every day of her age, despite all of her woo woo bullshit. That is probably because she eats too little. Victoria Beckham is tiny but far from attractive or happy looking. Salma Hayek, on the other hand? I mean there's just no contest.

Reactions: 5
Strictly speaking, the vast majority of women will have 'curves' regardless of size. Curvy has kind of lost all meaning in a way
it really has. Also I hate that we make body features a trend. I'm very small, height and size wise but I'm very muscular cause I go to the gym (almost to the point of not being "feminine" if we're being real but idgaf) so curvy will be in fashion, then skinny muscular body types will be in fashion, the tiny skinny with big bums will be in fashion and I'm like why are we making bodies fashionable? I can't remove my body 🤣

Reactions: 7
it really has. Also I hate that we make body features a trend. I'm very small, height and size wise but I'm very muscular cause I go to the gym (almost to the point of not being "feminine" if we're being real but idgaf) so curvy will be in fashion, then skinny muscular body types will be in fashion, the tiny skinny with big bums will be in fashion and I'm like why are we making bodies fashionable? I can't remove my body 🤣
Yeah exactly, we all have certain body types whether that be ectomorph, endomorph, mesomorph, etc. We're all 'real women' regardless

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Yes and no. It isn't untold wealth, for sure. But it is a life changing amount.
Absolutely. You could get a property and still have a decent amount leftover. While it's not enough to spend ones days drinking champagne on a yacht in San Tropez it would make a huge difference

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.