Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mint shower gel should be banned without question. I don’t know why anyone would think “let’s start my day feeling like my hole has been replaced with a polo mint”

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Having any type of ‘professional shoot’ with your family is just so cringe. The only time it’s acceptable is at a wedding. I can’t believe there’s people out there call a photographer, meet up in a random field/wooded area and all pose for pictures. Even worse if they then post it to Facebook and Instagram for their friends and family to comment ‘beautiful family xx’
🤢
A guy I have on FB and his wife met up with a photographer in the woods to take a picture with their baby.

pretty mortifying in and of itself, but what I felt was worse was they hadn’t even bothered to make much of an effort. She was wearing these hideous ugg-like boots. He had an horrendous beard + beanie hat combo which made him look like a fisherman just back with this mornings catch.

their baby was in a weird hat thing because obvs it’s cold. They honestly could’ve all gone to Tesco for the weekly shop and not looked out of place.

if youre gona pay a small fortune to capture your family for future generations presumably, then at least make it a bit special and dress up a little.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
People who go on about 'spoilers' wreck my head. For instance if I go to a film or watch something and someone says 'now no spoilers!' As if I was going to blurt out the ending.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
People who go on about 'spoilers' wreck my head. For instance if I go to a film or watch something and someone says 'now no spoilers!' As if I was going to blurt out the ending.
But worse is people who complain about spoilers for shows like masterchef when the daily mail runs an article about it the day after the final aired.

If you were that bothered you would watch it when it aired. If you don't watch it at the broadcast time you have no grounds to moan that the next day the winner is in the news

• Heart
But worse is people who complain about spoilers for shows like masterchef when the daily mail runs an article about it the day after the final aired.

If you were that bothered you would watch it when it aired. If you don't watch it at the broadcast time you have no grounds to moan that the next day the winner is in the news
Exactly! Absolute narcissism to suggest that publications shouldn't discuss it all because they didn't get to watch it at the same time as most of the country. Stay offline if you're that bothered about 'spoilers'

Reactions: 3
I went to a musical, one that has been running for years and was told 'no spoilers!'. Can you really spoil a musical?!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
A guy I have on FB and his wife met up with a photographer in the woods to take a picture with their baby.

pretty mortifying in and of itself, but what I felt was worse was they hadn’t even bothered to make much of an effort. She was wearing these hideous ugg-like boots. He had an horrendous beard + beanie hat combo which made him look like a fisherman just back with this mornings catch.

their baby was in a weird hat thing because obvs it’s cold. They honestly could’ve all gone to Tesco for the weekly shop and not looked out of place.

if youre gona pay a small fortune to capture your family for future generations presumably, then at least make it a bit special and dress up a little.
I love photography and follow a few really good ones- but there was this one pic of a #mama with her baby both nude on a bed trying hard to be artistic, but I don't think when the son grows up he is going to want to keep a photo of his mother's tits and bits on display.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Elderly people shouldn’t be allowed to drive. I’m so tired of being stuck behind Doris and Malcolm on a jolly to the garden centre doing 30mph in a 60 zone when I’m trying to get to work!
Malcolm's an old person's name now!?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Personalised number plates are so tacky. Nobody cares K3RRI XX.

You just look like a knob.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I find the constant reminder of England's awful colonial past quite boring and I'm not going to be made to feel guilty for something I wasn't involved in. There's often the comment that we aren't taught the bad things about the empire, only the good. I don't think that's been true for a good few years now, I think the only people that think it was a positive thing are in their 60s+, barring a few exceptions.

I don't understand the necessity to constantly bash the English for it when literally every empire through the ages has done the same. That's not to say it was acceptable of course however, it was the done thing at the time. I don't doubt if other countries in the world had the power/resource they wouldn't have done exactly the same.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
#myworld #myeverything #iveneverknownloveuntilnow #momlife #babygirl

The naked smart price version of a Demi Moore naked pregnancy bump.

Grab your cappa tracksuit, you’re a chav.
Don’t forget #fulltimestayathomemummy #bossbabe #ownmyownbusiness while she’s selling Avon or those Aloe products to the old grannies down the street

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Yes, it's ridiculous and it's also along the same lines of every white person should feel guilty for simply being born

Reactions: 18
Dog crates are cruel and a lazy way to train a puppy
I feel this is more of a contentious opinion than an unpopular one!

we crate trained ours. She loves it, will willingly go to her crate. Has been great for bringing her on holiday with us. It means when she’s needed to undergo surgery and be kept overnight in a crate, it wasn’t an added stress for her.

We’ll probably not use it when she’s about 2 years old and can be left overnight unattended in our open plan living area/kitchen. Purely because it’s a bit ugly. But it isn’t cruel unless the dog absolutely hates it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.