Unpopular opinions #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
1. I love wearing a mask, it makes it easier to avoid people when i'm out. Yes i'm that person who crosses the street to avoid people lol not because i am socially awkward its because i just couldn't be arsedšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
2. I wish Michael Buble would just piss off
3. The walking dead is/was massively overrated
4. It is totally acceptable to count on your fingers after the age of 9

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
On a scale of 1-100 on the chav-ometer,
Photos like this.
A solid 97.9

View attachment 857280
I donā€™t like naked baby photos like this. It feels odd to see, they arenā€™t my children! Itā€™s like when people post photos of their children in the bath and use emojis to keep their dignity. If you need to use emojis then it shouldnā€™t be shared on facebook!

Reactions: 18
1. I love wearing a mask, it makes it easier to avoid people when i'm out. Yes i'm that person who crosses the street to avoid people lol not because i am socially awkward its because i just couldn't be arsedšŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I'm also that person. I pretend to not see people and the mask makes it easier. If I'm on my lunch break and have a limited amount of time or need to be somewhere I couldn't be arsed with the small talk

• Heart
Reactions: 13
My concert days are over šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ the price to see anyone nowadays is bonkers though isnā€™t it
Depends on the performer. I would only pay Ā£60 for Micheal Buble. :love:

I saw Halsey with my brother at the O2 at the start of the pandemic for Ā£12.50.

My last show in october was Orla Gartland for Ā£12.50 in Camden.

The upcoming Roo panes in London was Ā£22.50 each, but there's only around 420 tickets.

I bought my sister a ticket for see Conan Grey for this year at Ā£37.50 and I know i got completely and utterly mugged for BTS at Wembley at Ā£115, but that was the only ticket left and the rest had sold out already.

My brother and I also have my chemical romance tickets for june which has been delayed for like two years now.

Reactions: 2
I find the constant reminder of England's awful colonial past quite boring and I'm not going to be made to feel guilty for something I wasn't involved in. There's often the comment that we aren't taught the bad things about the empire, only the good. I don't think that's been true for a good few years now, I think the only people that think it was a positive thing are in their 60s+, barring a few exceptions.

I don't understand the necessity to constantly bash the English for it when literally every empire through the ages has done the same. That's not to say it was acceptable of course however, it was the done thing at the time. I don't doubt if other countries in the world had the power/resource they wouldn't have done exactly the same.
it annoys me because a tiny proportionate of brits became wealthy from it realistically, or had any say in it.

the vast majority were super poor, didnā€™t have voting rights etc. The vast majority of the population didnā€™t actively engage with the empire. It was a pretty small group of white, artisocratic mostly, men. At the height of the empire, Jack London wrote a book about poverty in London. (People of the abyss). Itā€™s horrific. It wasnā€™t uncommon for poor people to kill their entire family rather than let them starve to death. Thatā€™s how bad poverty was. In the richest city in the world.

Iā€™m all for critiquing imperialism but it just feels like self loathing some times.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
Trans women cannot pass as women unless theyā€™ve had a boat load of surgery which the average man cannot afford. Itā€™s really cringey to see men with male pattern baldness and the such dressing up in quaint dresses and pink lipstick going on about how they are a ā€˜womanā€™. I cannot take someone like this seriously.
And when they post their beauty looks and look forward advice (validation) loads of women/girls trip over themselves to say how great it is, even though it is tit. Yet when a girl or woman posts a photo with makeup that isnā€™t 100% the same people make snide remarks and act like just because she was born a woman she should know every make up trick by 15.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Yes, it's ridiculous and it's also along the same lines of every white person should feel guilty for simply being born
I donā€™t understand why I should feel guilty as an Irish person. Where were they when my ancestors were dying of starvation from a man made famine?

Reactions: 10
I donā€™t understand why I should feel guilty as an Irish person. Where were they when my ancestors were dying of starvation from a man made famine?
Advocates of critical race theory haven't got the (ironically) critical thinking skills to to answer that. You're white and you should therefore atone for the wrong doings of every white person ever, oppressor!

Reactions: 16
I feel this is more of a contentious opinion than an unpopular one!

we crate trained ours. She loves it, will willingly go to her crate. Has been great for bringing her on holiday with us. It means when sheā€™s needed to undergo surgery and be kept overnight in a crate, it wasnā€™t an added stress for her.

Weā€™ll probably not use it when sheā€™s about 2 years old and can be left overnight unattended in our open plan living area/kitchen. Purely because itā€™s a bit ugly. But it isnā€™t cruel unless the dog absolutely hates it.
People who think crates are cruel just donā€™t know how to use them properly or have seen them used in abusive situations. My dogs ADORE their crates, used properly they are their safe space. Dogs are den creatures by nature. Their crates are placed somewhere quiet, where no one will disrupt them, they are covered in blankets to make them feel safe and cozy and filled with blankets, cushions and a lovely mattress. They sleep in them and go in them if we nip out for an hour and they are never distressed or have to be bullied in.

Crates arenā€™t bad unless used as punishment or to leave your dogs in all day.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm the same as a Welsh person... given the history and the 0 power we had, I doubt we were instrumental in anything.

That said, I find it bizarre that people say we should be/are being made to feel like they should be apologising or feel guilty for our ancestors/the English government/whomever else caused whatever problems. Firstly, who would we even be apologising to?! Secondly, there's a total difference between apologising/guilt and recognising something happened and learning about it. Every country should learn about their past mostly so we know where we came from! It's not to make us feel guilty but I think it does help us move forward. There's nothing wrong with acknowledging that we come from a country that did bad and good things in the past. It's just history

it annoys me because a tiny proportionate of brits became wealthy from it realistically, or had any say in it.

the vast majority were super poor, didnā€™t have voting rights etc. The vast majority of the population didnā€™t actively engage with the empire. It was a pretty small group of white, artisocratic mostly, men. At the height of the empire, Jack London wrote a book about poverty in London. (People of the abyss). Itā€™s horrific. It wasnā€™t uncommon for poor people to kill their entire family rather than let them starve to death. Thatā€™s how bad poverty was. In the richest city in the world.

Iā€™m all for critiquing imperialism but it just feels like self loathing some times.
Arguably most germans had very little say in nazi Germany too. A lot of Germans actually really benefited from hitler's time in power. I don't think anyone in the UK is thinking "oh I'm so bad cause my country did this". I do think it's important that British people know our own history. Not to blame! But cause I think it's important that all countries are taught an unbiased version of their history. History impacts the future at the end of the day

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Why is it that Islamaphobia is a thing but no other religions have similar? (I know there is such a thing as anti semitism but that seems to be more related to Jewish people rather than the religion itself). How is it that if you criticise the Muslim religion its Islamophobia but it's open season on all other religions? I'm not aware of a Catholic phobia for e.g

Reactions: 12
People who think crates are cruel just donā€™t know how to use them properly or have seen them used in abusive situations. My dogs ADORE their crates, used properly they are their safe space. Dogs are den creatures by nature. Their crates are placed somewhere quiet, where no one will disrupt them, they are covered in blankets to make them feel safe and cozy and filled with blankets, cushions and a lovely mattress. They sleep in them and go in them if we nip out for an hour and they are never distressed or have to be bullied in.

Crates arenā€™t bad unless used as punishment or to leave your dogs in all day.
At times, I wouldnā€™t mind a crate to retreat into, away from the world

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I donā€™t like ketchup, or barbecue sauce
I have never seen an entire episode of Friends and I just donā€™t get it
other peoples babies are boring
lip fillers look atrocious 90% of the time
fibro, ME and CFS are a load of bollocks made up by doctors for anxious frequent flyer patients . There is a particular type of woman on social media who is plus size, has purple hair, wears irregular choice shoes, ā€œfunā€ snag tights and Harry Potter themed everything, or dungarees and has fur babies. All of them have fibro, ME, undiagnosed ADHD etc

edited to add I bloody love this thread

• Haha
Reactions: 19
fibro, ME and CFS are a load of bollocks made up by doctors for anxious frequent flyer patients . There is a particular type of woman on social media who is plus size, has purple hair, wears irregular choice shoes, ā€œfunā€ snag tights and Harry Potter themed everything, or dungarees and has fur babies. All of them have fibro, ME, undiagnosed ADHD etc

I kind of get that made up diseases stuff, I'm doubtful myself, but I do have a couple friends that were diagnosed with chronic fatigue after major crashes when they couldn't do anything for 6-12 months, get out of bed or anything, had to drop out of uni and had no life this whole time. Not sure why anyone would make this up. But I guess it could be something else than chronic fatigue, that doctors don't know about yet.

Reactions: 6

& their actual name is Dave, posing as Debbie.

• Haha
Reactions: 4

omg youā€™ve nailed that stereotype, right down to their irregular choice shoes :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Depends on the performer. I would only pay Ā£60 for Micheal Buble. :love:

I saw Halsey with my brother at the O2 at the start of the pandemic for Ā£12.50.

My last show in october was Orla Gartland for Ā£12.50 in Camden.

The upcoming Roo panes in London was Ā£22.50 each, but there's only around 420 tickets.

I bought my sister a ticket for see Conan Grey for this year at Ā£37.50 and I know i got completely and utterly mugged for BTS at Wembley at Ā£115, but that was the only ticket left and the rest had sold out already.

My brother and I also have my chemical romance tickets for june which has been delayed for like two years now.
Ooooo Iā€™m jealous of my chemical romance!! šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜

• Heart
Reactions: 2
People on the internet have lost all meaning of the term be kind and take it to mean you cannot say anything remotely bad

Example

Person 1: Iā€™m going to meet by boyfriends parents is this dress ok.

Person 2-9: Omg you look lush babe, queen slay

Person 10: It looks really cute but i think itā€™s a bit more of a party dress. Maybe try adding a blazer or some tights to make it more smart casual?

Person 2-9: What a bully youā€™re a jealous witch. Be kind, itā€™s your fault people commit suicide you bleeping hater

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.