Unpopular Opinions #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had almond and oat milk for years now, I like how creamy it is and I like it in cereal. But I think I’m completely used to it now to ever go back to normal cows milk.

It is expensive though- as much as I wouldn’t drink cows milk, or eat meat as I am vegetarian, I don’t think I would tell people to start doing the same in a cost of living crisis. I can afford it myself as a young ish person who’s full income gets spent on me, but yeah I would never tell anyone to do anything tbh. It’s the new ‘woke’ people that have jumped on the bandwagon that gave us a bad name. I keep it to myself😅 I also have not eaten meat for 13 years, and find a lot of the new fake meat products that come about absolutely disgusting and over priced. 🤢

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve had almond and oat milk for years now, I like how creamy it is and I like it in cereal. But I think I’m completely used to it now to ever go back to normal cows milk.

It is expensive though- as much as I wouldn’t drink cows milk, or eat meat as I am vegetarian, I don’t think I would tell people to start doing the same in a cost of living crisis. I can afford it myself as a young ish person who’s full income gets spent on me, but yeah I would never tell anyone to do anything tbh. It’s the new ‘woke’ people that have jumped on the bandwagon that gave us a bad name. I keep it to myself😅 I also have not eaten meat for 13 years, and find a lot of the new fake meat products that come about absolutely disgusting and over priced. 🤢
Idk if it's just me but fake meat products give me a stomach ache and make me feel unwell for hours after. 😪 The texture and taste can also be a bit odd?

Reactions: 5
Idk if it's just me but fake meat products give me a stomach ache and make me feel unwell for hours after. 😪 The texture and taste can also be a bit odd?
The textures just awful and idk, I tried some of my friends pretend bacon and I actually spat it out. Some things are alright like standard quorn mince etc, but I usually stick to just bulking it up with lentils and veg etc. I can’t usually stomach pretend meat at all 🥴 its a bit grim (what I’ve tried anyway)

Reactions: 9
Most news articles these days are absolute click bait trash.

Amy Childs does X is not news
Someone from love island now has a boyfriend NOT NEWS and certainly not breaking news.

If one of them died then that’d be news. Otherwise daily star and OK can get in the bin 🗑

Reactions: 7
Being an introvert is not a negative and doesn’t mean you don’t have a personality

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Being an introvert is not a negative and doesn’t mean you don’t have a personality
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

likewise, pointing out someone’s quietness, telling them to come out of their shell or making a huge fuss when that person speaks up is rude af. i don’t make comments on your loudness and oversharing, carol, grow up.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
“I say it like it is” aka I am rude and I’ll offend you

• Heart
Reactions: 30
“I say it like it is” aka I am rude and I’ll offend you
this!! nothing sets off my alarm bells more than “i’m honest, i tell it like it is” or worse “i love banter”.

i worked with an absolutely awful bully of a woman who was always described as “so funny, you never know what she’s going to say, she doesn’t mess around” - no, she was rude and enjoyed upsetting people who she viewed as too sensitive or boring.

Reactions: 29
I've actually found recently that it's more 'cool' to be an introvert. So my unpopular opinion is the opposite side of the coin: being an extrovert doesn't mean you're a rude, loud obnoxious head who doesn't understand or care about introversion.

Reactions: 9
Extroversion has its downsides as well for sure. A relative of mine and her partner are huge extroverts. She is always desperately looking to make plans every single weekend. She and her partner rarely do anything just the two of them, not even holidays, it's always big group events.

The other week one of them was travelling a few days for week and she had a friend move into her house for the few days! They cannot stand to be alone at all.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I am actually an introvert and extrovert. I love people and have a wonderful time at parties etc but love my own company and never feel alone or lonely.sometimes I don't go out for months

• Heart
Reactions: 25
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

likewise, pointing out someone’s quietness, telling them to come out of their shell or making a huge fuss when that person speaks up is rude af. i don’t make comments on your loudness and oversharing, carol, grow up.
I've met so many people at uni who genuinely didn't understand that I just enjoyed being on my own and doing my own thing and didn't need to be constantly surrounded by them or part take in whatever they were doing

Despite what TikTok or social media seems to suggest, many people really don't understand introverts or find them that cool once they get to understanding that they don't need company 24/7

Reactions: 18
I've met so many people at uni who genuinely didn't understand that I just enjoyed being on my own and doing my own thing and didn't need to be constantly surrounded by them or part take in whatever they were doing

Despite what TikTok or social media seems to suggest, many people really don't understand introverts or find them that cool once they get to understanding that they don't need company 24/7
I feel genuinely exhausted if I have to be around a lot of people for a long time.

I’ve stopped going out with a group of friends because when I do want to finally say something they talk over me anyway so what’s the bleeping point.

A perfect day for me is spent by myself.

Even my daughter will just go off to her bedroom and say she needs some time to herself. She’s 4. It’s not weird, it’s being aware of what you need.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Extroversion has its downsides as well for sure. A relative of mine and her partner are huge extroverts. She is always desperately looking to make plans every single weekend. She and her partner rarely do anything just the two of them, not even holidays, it's always big group events.

The other week one of them was travelling a few days for week and she had a friend move into her house for the few days! They cannot stand to be alone at all.
That sounds absolutely bleeping exhausting but I don’t know if it’s got more to do with them being insecure, or having some sort of dependent personality, rather than just being extroverted.

Reactions: 10
That sounds absolutely bleeping exhausting but I don’t know if it’s got more to do with them being insecure, or having some sort of dependent personality, rather than just being extroverted.
Yeah agree - that’s not being an extrovert- that’s some weird neurotic behaviour and she sounds like she has major issues with being alone/only being with him. Is he like that? Would he need someone to stay over if she was away for a few days? She sounds exhausting.

Reactions: 3
I find it really bizarre when adults and older children drink other mammals milk. I’m no vegan btw. I just find it really odd. There is no need for milk beyond infancy. Not sure if this is a northern irish thing but loads of people here drink a pint of milk with their dinner and it repulses me 🤢
I couldn’t drink a glass of cow’s milk (not just because I’m dairy intolerant and it physically disagrees with me). It’s rank. I think the only alternatives I like are almond or oat milk and even then it’s only in hot drinks or cereal etc.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.