Unpopular Opinions #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random but Penn Farthing is an idiot
I love dogs, my dog only died 6weeks ago and I’m still devastated. However the situation in Afghan was terrible and he should have got out when he was told to. Along with his staff. Who then had to smuggle themselves through Pakistan whilst he flew on a plane with 200 empty seats and a cargo hold full of dogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The cognitive dissonance is real… you’re eating dead flesh from an animal who was slaughtered and died in agony. If you want to take the moral high ground, go vegan!!

🙌🏼 YES. I’m vegan. I think everyone should be but I don’t share this publicly and make other people feel rubbish about their choices. I do laugh when people like Guyth think they have a leg to stand on with their views whilst still consuming animal products though.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
The cognitive dissonance is real… you’re eating dead flesh from an animal who was slaughtered and died in agony. If you want to take the moral high ground, go vegan!!
Which animal died in agony? Not the ones we eat off the shelf in this country. Most animals slaughtered for consumption in the UK won’t have any idea they are being killed and won’t have felt any pain. Anyone decent who works in the slaughter of animals will put the well-being and welfare of the animal first.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I find it really bizarre when adults and older children drink other mammals milk. I’m no vegan btw. I just find it really odd. There is no need for milk beyond infancy. Not sure if this is a northern irish thing but loads of people here drink a pint of milk with their dinner and it repulses me 🤢
I'm not vegan either, far from it. I just find the whole "let's drink cow milk" a bit weird. The dairy industry is disgusting as well.

Reactions: 3
Which animal died in agony? Not the ones we eat off the shelf in this country. Most animals slaughtered for consumption in the UK won’t have any idea they are being killed and won’t have felt any pain. Anyone decent who works in the slaughter of animals will put the well-being and welfare of the animal first.
It’s bigger than the moment they are slaughtered though. The stress of being transported, of hearing the noises of others around them being slaughter whilst they wait for their ‘turn’. That’s before we get into the footage of animals like sheep and pigs being hurled into pens/onto trucks etc.
They absolutely do not have a pain or stress free life.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Milk is an excellent source of protein and calcium, for anyone. Kids need it more but adults benefit from it too.
There are tons of other ways to get calcium in your diet, green veg, fortified cereals/bread, beans etc. the list goes on.

While milk has 110mg of calcium per 100g, whereas make has 250mg of calcium per 100g.

The dairy industry has been smart in convincing humans we need cow milk.

Reactions: 7
I’m not a vegan and did manage to be vegetarian for a couple of years but i suffer with anaemia a lot so found getting everything i needed into my system really hard. But on holiday last year i met a man that transports chickens to slaughter. He said it’s absolutely awful, they are packed in super tight and quite a few die from panic in transit. 😫

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
It’s bigger than the moment they are slaughtered though. The stress of being transported, of hearing the noises of others around them being slaughter whilst they wait for their ‘turn’. That’s before we get into the footage of animals like sheep and pigs being hurled into pens/onto trucks etc.
Animals aren’t humans. They don’t have any understanding of it being “their turn”

As I’ve said - people in the industry will treat the animals well - it serves them to because the end product has to be good.

have you ever visited a working farm or been to a slaughterhouse to watch the process of how animals are brought in and humanly killed? Have you ever spoken to anyone who works in the industry?

There is barely any protein in milk
The protein content is comparable to eggs, milk is usually higher.

• Angry
  • Sick
Animals aren’t humans. They don’t have any understanding of it being “their turn”

As I’ve said - people in the industry will treat the animals well - it serves them to because the end product has to be good.

have you ever visited a working farm or been to a slaughterhouse to watch the process of how animals are brought in and humanly killed? Have you ever spoken to anyone who works in the industry?

The protein content is comparable to eggs, milk is usually higher.
Milk per 100g is about 3-4g, eggs is over 10. I'd say milk is comparable source of protein to eg potatoes, i have no idea why it's being branded as high protein source.

In terms of being vegetarian, I do struggle with animal suffering and feel guilty about it, but having tried to eat a diet without meet I couldn't keep much down, it's just not feasible for me. Would be keen on some lab grown meat though

Milk per 100g is about 3-4g, eggs is over 10. I'd say milk is comparable source of protein to eg potatoes, i have no idea why it's being branded as high protein source.

In terms of being vegetarian, I do struggle with animal suffering and feel guilty about it, but having tried to eat a diet without meet I couldn't keep much down, it's just not feasible for me. Would be keen on some lab grown meat though
Your figures are wrong. Sorry.
Animals don’t have to suffer to be used as produce. That’s the point. Hell I don’t want any animal to suffer either!

Reactions: 1
At the end of the day a few people being vegan won’t stop any of this.
The only way this can change is if animals are euthanised rather than slaughtered.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think shops should have longer trading hours on a Sunday. I hate cramming everything into a Saturday when all I want to do is enjoy my only proper day off. If Sunday’s are for prepping for the following week then I’d like longer to get my tit together 😂

Reactions: 20
I'm a vegetarian, for various reasons including feeling wary about animal welfare. A friend of mine worked in chicken agriculture and ended up quitting because his mental health was so poor. A large part of his jobs was picking up and killing male chicks from a mass conveyor belt of them that they were tipped on to. Abattoir workers have some of the highest suicide rates of any profession.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
According to my fitness pal 100ml of semi skimmed has 3.5g of protein. 2 eggs have 12g

Reactions: 1
I think making animals go vegan is cruel.

OTOH, I don’t think it’s cruel if a vegan/veggie parent wants their child to eat vegan/veggie, but the child should be given the choice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.