Unpopular Opinions #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree on the introvert thing; I am most content in my own space and will withdraw if I feel overwhelmed. A lot of people don’t understand that and take it the wrong way but it’s hard to explain that being around a big group of people exhausts me mentally without offending someone. Worse if there are big personalities who attract lots of attention - my worst nightmare.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
this!! nothing sets off my alarm bells more than “i’m honest, i tell it like it is” or worse “i love banter”.

i worked with an absolutely awful bully of a woman who was always described as “so funny, you never know what she’s going to say, she doesn’t mess around” - no, she was rude and enjoyed upsetting people who she viewed as too sensitive or boring.
When I interviewed for my current job years ago I was told the team enjoyed ‘banter’ which I should’ve taken as a massive red flag. The team are rude, ignorant & offensive and it’s passed off as ‘banter’ and if you can’t handle it you ‘don’t fit in with the team’

• Sad
Reactions: 20
When I interviewed for my current job years ago I was told the team enjoyed ‘banter’ which I should’ve taken as a massive red flag. The team are rude, ignorant & offensive and it’s passed off as ‘banter’ and if you can’t handle it you ‘don’t fit in with the team’
i’m sorry :( a similar thing happened to me with the woman mentioned - she started making awful comments and then immediately saying “oh i can’t say that in front of lablonde though, she doesn’t like it!” or deliberately making a point of addressing me in large groups to make me uncomfortable.

i don’t know why some people seem to enjoy making others feel a bit awkward.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
i’m sorry :( a similar thing happened to me with the woman mentioned - she started making awful comments and then immediately saying “oh i can’t say that in front of lablonde though, she doesn’t like it!” or deliberately making a point of addressing me in large groups to make me uncomfortable.

i don’t know why some people seem to enjoy making others feel a bit awkward.
People who do that kind of thing are cunts. That’s all. It’s not funny and it’s not clever and the ones who encourage it and join in are just as bad.

Unfortunately bullying isn’t exclusive to the school playground.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My favourite technique to deal with people who make rude/unfunny comments and try to pass it off as banter or a joke, is to loudly ask them to either repeat their joke or to explain it. I find it always makes them get super flustered and awkward, and also makes them look like a bleep to everyone else also (works for sexist/racist comments too!)

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Funniest/most ridiculous thing I’ve ever watched was some reality program with Pete Wicks on it, it was some sort of desert island survival challenge thing and they were all starving and haven’t had anything to eat in days I think, they have been provided with animals to look after with a view to using them for food but Pete Wicks decided that it was “cruel“to eat the pig so he went on this crusade to save it, despite them all being ravenous and no other food available- he eventually Tied the pig up somewhere to keep it safe and stop it from running off or something, And then whatever happened the pig ended up dying because it got caught in the rope or whatever was being used to tie it down. Pete Wicks then had an emotional melt down about it But then the daft bastard decided they were going to put the pig on a raft and send it out to sea…..! So instead of utilising the meat to feed everyone that was starving, they wasted it and just put it out to see. It was completely ridiculous. But the worst bit was, he couldn’t understand why other people were annoyed at the waste of perfectly good meat. Madness.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Funniest/most ridiculous thing I’ve ever watched was some reality program with Pete Wicks on it, it was some sort of desert island survival challenge thing and they were all starving and haven’t had anything to eat in days I think, they have been provided with animals to look after with a view to using them for food but Pete Wicks decided that it was “cruel“to eat the pig so he went on this crusade to save it, despite them all being ravenous and no other food available- he eventually Tied the pig up somewhere to keep it safe and stop it from running off or something, And then whatever happened the pig ended up dying because it got caught in the rope or whatever was being used to tie it down. Pete Wicks then had an emotional melt down about it But then the daft bastard decided they were going to put the pig on a raft and send it out to sea…..! So instead of utilising the meat to feed everyone that was starving, they wasted it and just put it out to see. It was completely ridiculous. But the worst bit was, he couldn’t understand why other people were annoyed at the waste of perfectly good meat. Madness.
Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls. Pete was quite happy to kill and eat fish though wasn’t he? Moron. 🥴

Reactions: 7
I remember seeing this on Gogglebox. The poor pig probably thought killing itself would be preferable to living on a island with Pete Wicks

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Celebrity Island with Bear Grylls. Pete was quite happy to kill and eat fish though wasn’t he? Moron. 🥴
It was just beyond ridiculous. The song and dance he made about looking after it etc and he was the reason it died and then he floats it out to sea…! Like, what the actual duck?!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
This is so random and nothing to do with unpopular opinions but I just read that the storms for the winter have been announced and one is called ‘Storm Betty’ and that’s like what you’d call when @BettyCrockerr gets into an argument on here 😆

D0584B0E-9AC4-4FC9-B70D-B4B22F478323.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.