Unpopular Opinions #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some do, some don't
At least tell it like it really happened! Most don’t. A few (including me) do. Those who don’t get really angry at those who do even though they’re not invited round for dinner anyway 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think Johnny Depp is a filthy old pervert (please let’s not start a discussion about the amber heard trial here as there’s already a thread for that), when you look at the history of the women he has dated, they were all extremely young and with massive age gaps between him and them.

Thank you for being inclusive and not transphobic 🙏
Its chicken BREAST

At least tell it like it really happened! Most don’t. A few (including me) do. Those who don’t get really angry at those who do even though they’re not invited round for dinner anyway 😂
I was watching real housewives of Beverly Hills the other day and Adrienne was washing a chicken with hand soap😳🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
If I had to wash one meat it would be pork. I hate pork. It smells weird and feels dirty. It’s nice as bacon in small quantities.

I was watching real housewives of Beverly Hills the other day and Adrienne was washing a chicken with hand soap😳🤣
Don’t be daft. That was the seasoning. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 2
no, heyguyth only eats high end meat where the chickens all live in a luxury spa and drink martinis before their completely pain free death.
I am in the process of catching up again - this tis comment made me think of a girl i used to date she only ate "happy chickens"

Chicken chest. Let’s be mindful of the chicken’s feelings and inclusive please. 🙏🏻
It may not identify as a chicken - it might identify as a cow - no ones thought of that have they

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Here another UO to start the day
Most tradesmen are dickheads. It’s hard to find a good one that will do the job properly that isn’t a dick. “I’ll come round and finish that next week” is code for you’ll never see me again.

Reactions: 14
Most tradesmen are dickheads. It’s hard to find a good one that will do the job properly that isn’t a dick. “I’ll come round and finish that next week” is code for you’ll never see me again.
Good tradesmen are hard to find and if they are any good they will be booked up months in advance. If you have one saying they will pop back next week or one that has immediate availability that’s usually because they are shite to begin with!!

Reactions: 12
100 %

I've been trying to get some repairs done on my summer house and a high trellis fence and been let down over and over and over. .. My friend has just been ripped off by one. At least that didn't happen to me ... yet.

Reactions: 3
I can’t stand most tradesmen.

I’ve had a plumber who left a pot of piss on my bed, which was nowhere near the bathroom he was working in.

Years ago before the internet I had a decorator run up a huge phone bill calling 0898 sex lines. My ex went to his door to get the cash to pay it.

I had a tiler sit for a whole day doing nothing while waiting on the underfloor heating guys (different firm) to put it in writing they’d take responsibility for any faults with the tiling. I sacked him, got another tiler and the floor is still good 15 years later.

Another tiler took the door off my (only) bathroom, which faced the front door, and disappeared for a couple of weeks.

I found plumber who was great and reliable and he sadly dropped down dead. I was so saddened I wrote to his widow, two pages about what a great guy he was.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Has anyone ever seen those vegan YouTubers who take to the streets to have a chat with meat eaters (or carnists as they dub them)?

If not, the idea is to start talking in a friendly manner, then work their way up to 'gotchas'. As an example, they'll ask: "would you drink human breast milk?" Obviously the answer is a no, usually with a bit of disgust, which then leads into the next question of: "well, why drink milk from a cow that's for calves, not humans?" Cue shocked looks. Then they'll generally say "did you know cow's milk is made up of pus?" And so on.

The result generally being that the interviewee agrees to reduce or cut out their dairy consumption. I know all the above, having watched several of the videos, but the benefits of milk outweigh the negatives in my opinion. And I hate all the alternatives like soya milk, oat milk, etc.

This probably isn't a UO yet, but sales of milk alternatives have increased rapidly throughout the last couple of years (apparently 1 in 3 now drink them rather than dairy milk), so if the trend continues, us cow milk drinkers will be the unpopular ones. :D

Reactions: 4
Unless it’s massive job eg kitchen or bathroom I will never pay someone if there’s a chance I can learn and do it myself

Reactions: 6
Unless it’s massive job eg kitchen or bathroom I will never pay someone if there’s a chance I can learn and do it myself
Tbf even kitchen and bathroom can be done yourself. We fitted our own bathroom and We're fitting a new kitchen next week in ours, obvs we have a plumber coming to safely cap off the gas hob and then re-connect it once fitted, but the rest we're doing ourselves as it's so expensive otherwise, and like you say, you never know if the tradesmen will be trustworthy and good or not...

Tbf even kitchen and bathroom can be done yourself. We fitted our own bathroom and We're fitting a new kitchen next week in ours, obvs we have a plumber coming to safely cap off the gas hob and then re-connect it once fitted, but the rest we're doing ourselves as it's so expensive otherwise, and like you say, you never know if the tradesmen will be trustworthy and good or not...
I have a few family members/friends that have done it, it is a big job and I don’t quite have the time/patience/trust myself 🤣. It is an insane amount of money really ££££.

i saw a tiktok where someone was quoted £7000 or something for a garden path!!??

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Yeah I think some of it is about whether someone can be arsed or not. My brother has a "I'll give it a go" attitude. He obviously never tries doing massive jobs, but he can do some pretty decent plumbing now just from learning and starting with very small jobs - I know as he's helped me out, too!

His day job is in IT, so it's not like he had any training in that area. I know it's a cliche, but people that have a can do attitude are pretty rare.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.