Unpopular Opinions #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was the Queen Mum who liked dubonnet and gin, wasn't it? What the duck is dubonnet anyway? Is it something like Campari?
according to my mother (who is apparently an expert as of today 🤣) the queen mum used to drink a d&g before dinner every night and the queen followed suit.

it’s an aperitif (so guessing a little like campari), i’ve never had it! pop around to mine unpopular opinions thread and i’ll try and mix some up 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 1
That's what I thought but I keep hearing media refer to her as Queen - I'm so confused!
There are two types:

Queen regnant - ie the ruling monarch (Queen Elizabeth was this)
Queen consort - ie the wife of the ruling King (Camilla at the moment)

Both are shortened to just "Queen". Easy :D

Reactions: 6
See I love all of this Royal gossip and protocol or whatever but following discussions about it and then seeing it break into "omg I'm crying!!" and "omg they look so sad!" is the most annoying thing

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
My overall feeling after the Queen's death is actually just I'm quite intrigued to see what happens. For most of us this will be the first time we see a coronation, new face on the stamp, new coins/notes and I guess I'm just looking forward to seeing how it pans out!

Reactions: 19
I would say the FA Executives ARE part of the Establishment.

Will leave it there though as my actual point is that it's nonsense to cancel all sport. Just that really.
I have just wandered over from another thread where I said the same thing. It’s really surprises me and I think totally unfair. I doubt the queen would have wanted it either.

Reactions: 3
according to my mother (who is apparently an expert as of today 🤣) the queen mum used to drink a d&g before dinner every night and the queen followed suit.

it’s an aperitif (so guessing a little like campari), i’ve never had it! pop around to mine unpopular opinions thread and i’ll try and mix some up 🤣🤣
Make mine a treble. It's what she would have wanted.🍸🍸🍸

• Heart
  • Haha
There are two types:

Queen regnant - ie the ruling monarch (Queen Elizabeth was this)
Queen consort - ie the wife of the ruling King (Camilla at the moment)

Both are shortened to just "Queen". Easy :D
There can also be dowager Queen as well - like when Queen Elizabeth II ascended the throne her mother was also called Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. (Even more confusingly her grandmother, another Queen consort, was also still alive too - so there were 3 Queens.)

• Heart
  • Wow
people are just posting tit for the sake of it.

My freind just posted this from a group she is in .. and not for a joke either!

1662762186573.png

1662762235921.png

😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
There can also be dowager Queen as well - like when Queen Elizabeth II ascended the throne her mother was also called Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. (Even more confusingly her grandmother, another Queen consort, was also still alive too - so there were 3 Queens.)
There is a famous picture of them at the funeral. Three Queens in mourning. Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother at Westminster as the coffin of King George VI arrives to lie in state.
0AA7B4D7-771E-4715-88C1-BC4C76A0E6C9.jpeg

This one includes Princess Margaret
F7B94F77-D344-4731-9B77-D54C6701A34A.jpeg

• Heart
I bet this was many people thoughts🤣
Mine was oh crap am I going to lose pay again? When people started talking about 10 days of mourning. I feared genuinely for a shut down. I just lost over £150 on a Bank holiday and it is going to happen again. Luckily for only 1 day. When the Big boss said business as usual on our intranet I had to exclaim relief. I am sad for anyone who feels this loss but facing the cost of living crisis and rising living expenses taking another massive financial hit due to more Bank Holidays is something I do not need right now.

I just posted this elsewhere on socials

I'm not a royalist but I have also seen a lot of poc. many not even British post on social media about how it's disgusting how we are mourning Her Majesty and how they are not one to express joy at death but goodbye Miss Colonizer and it absolutely repulses me. These people know nothing of the UK and it's history. Yes you may be of Bengali origin (in one case) but at the end of the day any slavery, colonisation , mistreatment was not done by Queen Elizabeth 2. She was merely a decendant in the Royal line.. It galls me as you are judging her by the actions of someone else . At the end of the day as I have been saying this was by all accounts a good woman, a wife, a mother, a grandmother and essentially another human being. Time to bring out the old saying if you can't be kind, be quiet. Show some compasssion.

The racist hate speech on the twitter account is revolting. Posting pictures of people riverdancing to Another One Bites The Dust in front of the Palace etc Yet apparently we are meant to be ok with South Asians saying things like that because they are not white. and therefore are not the massive racists they claim others to be.She's been reported on Twitter.. her whole account is one long string of vile posts.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.