Unpopular Opinions #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Vegans are certifiably insane. Veggies are a bit better but do have their moments.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I think making animals go vegan is cruel.

OTOH, I don’t think it’s cruel if a vegan/veggie parent wants their child to eat vegan/veggie, but the child should be given the choice.
Provided the child is being given a proper diet fair enough. Unlike the absolute weapon in the news last weeks who’s child died because all they were feeding it were raw veg and fruit. Absolute idiots.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
It's awful with any meat eater animal but people even try to do it with cats who are obligate carnivores 🙄
Cats are natural born killers and are often out hunting so I don’t see how one can make it work.

Unless you ban the cat from going outdoors or stick wings on a piece of lettuce and make it fly for the cat to hunt. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I personally don't think children should have vegan and vegetarian diets enforced onto them. They should be served a varied diet including meat and once they are old enough to make a decision about their diet then they can decide whether they want to eliminate certain foods from their diet.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
Cats are natural born killers and are often out hunting so I don’t see how one can make it work.

Unless you ban the cat from going outdoors or stick wings on a piece of lettuce and make it fly for the cat to hunt. 🙄
Yeah I guess keeping the cat indoor is the only way it can be achieved. Even then there are flies and spiders though, but not sure if they would count those as meat 🤣

Reactions: 1
I think the Animal Rebellion activists and the climate change activists are a tad crazy and take it too far. 🤯

The Animal Rebellion went into Harrods and started emptying milk all over the floor and then the climate change activists gluing themselves to National Gallery Artwork? They become a nuisance and a hindrance. 😐

Reactions: 6
The film about Temple Grandin is a good watch, She changed the way many cattle ranches in America slaughtered their cattle.
It's much better to try to change the way animals are kept and slaughtered than trying to make people go vegan

This is a bit about her.

• Heart
Random but Penn Farthing is an idiot
I love dogs, my dog only died 6weeks ago and I’m still devastated. However the situation in Afghan was terrible and he should have got out when he was told to. Along with his staff. Who then had to smuggle themselves through Pakistan whilst he flew on a plane with 200 empty seats and a cargo hold full of dogs.
You’ll love the American woman who did a similar thing but failed, then succeeded and is now praising the Taliban government for their cooperation

…and also she ditched her staff

RE - Lidl milk alternatives seem to be far cheaper than Asda s

Reactions: 2
UO the vast majority of MLM, are simply taking advantage of vulnerable women. Most of the items/products are tit, and with the health/diet ones - downright dangerous imho

Random but Penn Farthing is an idiot
I love dogs, my dog only died 6weeks ago and I’m still devastated. However the situation in Afghan was terrible and he should have got out when he was told to. Along with his staff. Who then had to smuggle themselves through Pakistan whilst he flew on a plane with 200 empty seats and a cargo hold full of dogs.
Yep.
Totally and utterly agree. He had MONTHS to get out. Like we don't have enough homeless dogs in the UK 🙄

And while we are on that topic - the vast majority of "rescue dogs from aboard" are simply puppy farmed or stolen from original owners.

The protein content is comparable to eggs, milk is usually higher.
No it isn't. Milk has 3g of protein per 100mls, egg has 13g. 100mls is around 104g, an egg is around 50/60g.

Oops, sorry. I see someone else has already corrected you on this.

Reactions: 5
Funniest/most ridiculous thing I’ve ever watched was some reality program with Pete Wicks on it, it was some sort of desert island survival challenge thing and they were all starving and haven’t had anything to eat in days I think, they have been provided with animals to look after with a view to using them for food but Pete Wicks decided that it was “cruel“to eat the pig so he went on this crusade to save it, despite them all being ravenous and no other food available- he eventually Tied the pig up somewhere to keep it safe and stop it from running off or something, And then whatever happened the pig ended up dying because it got caught in the rope or whatever was being used to tie it down. Pete Wicks then had an emotional melt down about it But then the daft bastard decided they were going to put the pig on a raft and send it out to sea…..! So instead of utilising the meat to feed everyone that was starving, they wasted it and just put it out to see. It was completely ridiculous. But the worst bit was, he couldn’t understand why other people were annoyed at the waste of perfectly good meat. Madness.
I laughed so hard at that. It was one of the funniest things I've seen on TV. Not the pig dying (obvs) but the carry on on Pete Wicks.

If I remember correctly, he'd only been vegetarian for a couple of months and was behaving like a div. Jo Wood, who'd been vegetarian for years, had no problem with anyone else eating it.

Reactions: 5
No because people are awful and I don't care much about little Fatima working in a factory. I prefer animals and their welfare is very important to me. Animals before humans.

I mean, if I had to save a random child in a house fire or my cat, I wouldn't think twice about saving my cat first.
UO people who care about animals more than humans are psychopaths

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Vegans are certifiably insane. Veggies are a bit better but do have their moments.
I am vegetarian. Just randomly went off meat completely. It was also in part walking past a fish shop and seeing a fish on ice and it looked so sad. I like milk and cheese too much to go vegan.

I do still buy meat for my siblings as I don't expect them to behave as I do.

• Heart
I am vegetarian. Just randomly went off meat completely. It was also in part walking past a fish shop and seeing a fish on ice and it looked so sad. I like milk and cheese too much to go vegan.

I do still buy meat for my siblings as I don't expect them to behave as I do.
My friend has been vegetarian since she was a teenager. She cooks meat for her husband and her kids. Her kids are grown up but she always said she wanted them to make their own mind up about eating meat.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My friend has been vegetarian since she was a teenager. She cooks meat for her husband and her kids. Her kids are grown up but she always said she wanted them to make their own mind up about eating meat.
Think that's the right balance to have personally.

Reactions: 8
I’d like to have enough friends to abandon a group of friends because they won’t let me speak! I think those people who say they wish people would leave them alone and stop trying to be friends with them are extremely lucky and should think of those who are introvert and don’t want to be ie lonely. It’s the same with people who hate going to weddings and parties. Oh boo hoo I’ve been invited to someone’s special day with food and drink laid on and a nice party that’s so tit isn’t it !!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.