Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Provided with housing ?

Some might be but thereā€™s large amounts shoved long term in BnBs and grotty hotels. There was a group from the latest group of Afghans who were brought to my town. They were ā€œhousedā€ in a hotel thatā€™s well known is to filthy. Full of mice running around the hallways and upper floors out of bounds because pigeons and gulls got into the roof and now thereā€™s an issue with bird tit. Entire families in rooms designed for two.
Some are leaving the UK because of the conditions are so poor.
My local council built a load of new homes. Almost every one was allocated to refugee families. It caused so much resentment locally as many families, already social housing tenants, had been waiting to upsize or downsize and were not offered the opportunity to do so into the new builds.

The resentment would not have arisen with a little planning i.e. if local families had been moved into the new builds whilst refugee familes were allocated the newly vacated houses.

It was a clusterfuck, it was years ago now, and it still upsets a lot of local people.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
My local council built a load of new homes. Almost every one was allocated to refugee families. It caused so much resentment locally as many families, already social housing tenants, had been waiting to upsize or downsize and were not offered the opportunity to do so into the new builds.

The resentment would not have arisen with a little planning i.e. if local families had been moved into the new builds whilst refugee familes were allocated the newly vacated houses.

It was a clusterfuck, it was years ago now, and it still upsets a lot of local people.
I donā€™t get how there are so many people in positions of power that just donā€™t think. This would have been easily avoided like you pointed out! I despair sometimes!

Unpopular opinion: youā€™re either heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual. Everything else is a load of nonsense

Reactions: 32
Unpopular opinion: youā€™re either heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual. Everything else is a load of nonsense
There's something called "pansexual". No matter how many times I read the definition, I can't work out how it's different to being bisexual.

Reactions: 10
There's something called "pansexual". No matter how many times I read the definition, I can't work out how it's different to being bisexual.
Try pansexual Vs omnisexual.

They are 100% the same thing. But the blue haired bregade with swear they are different.

On the topic of blue hair, those middle of the nose rings that all those lot have are horrible, and if you have one you're probably a douche bag.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Try pansexual Vs omnisexual.

They are 100% the same thing. But the blue haired bregade with swear they are different.

On the topic of blue hair, those middle of the nose rings that all those lot have are horrible, and if you have one you're probably a douche bag.
This is all I see when people have their septum pierced

1661669208694.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
My unpopular opinion today is Love Island related - Davide and Ekin Su arenā€™t that good and their a bit cringe. If I said this on the Love Island thread Iā€™d probs get lynched so I felt safer saying it here šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
My unpopular opinion today is Love Island related - Davide and Ekin Su arenā€™t that good and their a bit cringe. If I said this on the Love Island thread Iā€™d probs get lynched so I felt safer saying it here šŸ˜‚
Yeah it all seems to forced and unnatural now theyā€™re off the show šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4
I didnā€™t say ā€œso many moreā€ though.
You're right, you said "so many people wish to come here versus other safe countries"

So here again the UK numbers "versus other safe countries":

UK: 56,495
Germany: 148,175
France: 103,790
Spain: 62,050
Italy: 45,200
Austria: 37,800

Reactions: 4
They aren't different really. Just some people prefer to pan and some prefer to identify as bi, its whatever makes the person comfortable.

Personally I prefer to use bisexual just as its the more commonly known term and there's less confusion.

UO - you do not have to have had sex or any romantic interactions with both men and women to know you are bisexual.

Reactions: 7
I donā€™t understand pansexuality. I thought it was created because some bi people were like ā€˜actually I wouldnā€™t date a trans womanā€™ (read: man with penis dressed like a woman) and this was deemed transphobic and exclusionary. Pansexuality is supposed to mean you date ā€˜allā€™. Therefore not transphobic. But thereā€™s still only men and women (thereā€™s no other sex to transition to, for eg) so isnt it just bisexuality. šŸ«£

ā€¦ UOā€¦ Iā€™m bisexual, and although i like men and women Iā€™d still want the penis to be on the male body and the vag on the female body. I wouldnā€™t date a trans person if they hadnā€™t transitioned (but, having seen the results of sexual reassignment surgery, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d date a trans person post-transition either). I suppose it would depend on if the person was really, really, really lovely. Thereā€™s probably a sexuality\label for that too but Iā€™m not too up to date.

I just don't really understand why different preferences need a sexuality label. Having preferences is totally fine

Reactions: 6
Exactly this šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ and fb posts written to the child, even though theyā€™re 4 and clearly canā€™t read nor are they on fb. And donā€™t get me started on Facebook posts to people wishing their child a happy birthday šŸ˜…šŸ”« for the same reasons!
Asking when the kids back to school on FBā€¦. Somehow my mam got me back to school on time after every holiday without Facebook!

Probably gonna get slammed for this UO but I don't like when someone gets their whole boob out in public when breastfeeding. Sling, cover ups fine, just don't wanna see someone's whole boob including nipple in any public setting
I get round it by not looking.

I donā€™t understand pansexuality. I thought it was created because some bi people were like ā€˜actually I wouldnā€™t date a trans womanā€™ (read: man with penis dressed like a woman) and this was deemed transphobic and exclusionary. Pansexuality is supposed to mean you date ā€˜allā€™. Therefore not transphobic. But thereā€™s still only men and women (thereā€™s no other sex to transition to, for eg) so isnt it just bisexuality. šŸ«£

ā€¦ UOā€¦ Iā€™m bisexual, and although i like men and women Iā€™d still want the penis to be on the male body and the vag on the female body. I wouldnā€™t date a trans person if they hadnā€™t transitioned (but, having seen the results of sexual reassignment surgery, Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d date a trans person post-transition either). I suppose it would depend on if the person was really, really, really lovely. Thereā€™s probably a sexuality\label for that too but Iā€™m not too up to date.
The use of pansexual is 100% linked to the surge in different interpretations around gender. Personally to me they, bi and pan, are the same but Id never try to tell someone how to label their sexuality, Im happy enough being bi and understanding what that means for me.

Sexual identities around stuff like being attracted to smart people (sapiosexual apparently) are just odd! That's not a sexuality, it's a preference. 'Mate I'm going to need see your a levels and degree before I know if we're compatible'

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.