Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You're right, you said "so many people wish to come here versus other safe countries"

So here again the UK numbers "versus other safe countries":

UK: 56,495
Germany: 148,175
France: 103,790
Spain: 62,050
Italy: 45,200
Austria: 37,800
I said I don’t get why, I was asking why people wanted to come here vs other countries, what was the appeal for those leaving their countries and other commentators gave reasons. It wasn’t about the amount of people, I didn’t even ask for numbers 😒

Reactions: 4
I said I don’t get why, I was asking why people wanted to come here vs other countries, what was the appeal for those leaving their countries and other commentators gave reasons. It wasn’t about the amount of people, I didn’t even ask for numbers 😒
If you're looking at why refugees travel from France to the UK a few studies have suggested family ties is the main reason: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53699511

Reactions: 3
"So many" but "it wasn't about the amount of people" ... right.

"I didn’t even ask for numbers" - no I did and then I went and found them

Why take part of a post out of context?
Not taken out of context, it's why I said I hope it's just a mistake in phrasing

'their countries' would very much be asking why asylum seekers leave the countries they're from, no?

Quick edit - what is it with people always saying things are taken out of context as a first line of defence here?

Reactions: 5
Not taken out of context, it's why I said I hope it's just a mistake in phrasing

'their countries' would very much be asking why asylum seekers leave the countries they're from, no?

Quick edit - what is it with people always saying things are taken out of context as a first line of defence here?
In context

I was asking why people wanted to come here vs other countries, what was the appeal for those leaving their countries

In context

I was asking why people wanted to come here vs other countries, what was the appeal for those leaving their countries
Weird thing to specify given that we all remember the whole context of the situation 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Iced coffee and tea have never appealed to me. If I want a cold drink, I'll have water or squash. Not something that should be hot!
I think it's understandable during hot weather

Iced tea seems to be a bit of a weird one though. Can you even get peach hot tea? I only ever think of it in iced form

I think it's understandable during hot weather

Iced tea seems to be a bit of a weird one though. Can you even get peach hot tea? I only ever think of it in iced form
You can get most flavours of hot tea, you can definitely get peach.

I love all hot and cold teas and coffees equally; no discriminating here. 😝

• Haha
Ah I've tried it but it was pretty bad imo. Iced tea just hits slightly different

According to a few Google recipes a peach syrup is used
yeah bought one is full of sugar etc so tastes very different. in the US they do the crystals for it to make yourself. the whittards instant teas are amazing. can be served hot or cold

Reactions: 2
I'm hoping this is just phrased wrong/in a rush and not an actual question
Yes sorry, I know why they left their countries but I just wondering why they choose the U.K. It was a question that I think people have taken the wrong way and with this example some of it is down to my quick reply here.
I’m going to leave it now because it feels like some people want an argument and I don’t want the thread closed again!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.