Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You always post in a provocative way on this thread Many times I have agreed with what you are saying, but its the way you are saying it that gets peoples backs up and turns a conversation into a argument. I'm not sure if its on purpose or you truly don't know that.
No I don’t. But when I speak the truth, especially when it comes to race issues people are massively offended and that gets their back up and I ended up getting told I’m the problem - what for seeing racism and inequality for what it really is? Many of times on tattle we speak about gaslighting and victim blaming etc but that only seems to be relevant when it comes to woman's issues. When it comes to race it seems to be perfectly acceptable to gaslight and blame the person highlighting the issue.

Anyway back to UO

Smooth peanut butter is waaaay better then crunchy oh and that one they make that’s good for the earth is minging

Reactions: 3
No I don’t. But when I speak the truth, especially when it comes to race issues people are massively offended and that gets their back up and I ended up getting told I’m the problem - what for seeing racism and inequality for what it really is? Many of times on tattle we speak about gaslighting and victim blaming etc but that only seems to be relevant when it comes to woman's issues. When it comes to race it seems to be perfectly acceptable to gaslight and blame the person highlighting the issue.

Anyway back to UO

Smooth peanut butter is waaaay better then crunchy oh and that one they make that’s good for the earth is minging
But no one here was talking about race when discussing the negative points about holding a huge event in a residential area. You made it a race issue. You do it often - subjects on here are discussed and you come in twisting it all to turn it into a race issue - like you think you are some spokesperson for every black person to ever walk the earth. My comments earlier today had NOTHING to do with race. Absolutely nothing. Yet you turned it around and start arguing every point trying to make it a race issue. No one is disputing that racism exists - but for the love of god stop trying to turn every comment into some argument where you try to vilify everyone else who happens to disagree with you and stop throwing around the racism card. It wasn’t a comment about race.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
But no one here was talking about race when discussing the negative points about holding a huge event in a residential area. You made it a race issue. You do it often - subjects on here are discussed and you come in twisting it all to turn it into a race issue - like you think you are some spokesperson for every black person to ever walk the earth. My comments earlier today had NOTHING to do with race. Absolutely nothing. Yet you turned it around and start arguing every point trying to make it a race issue. No one is disputing that racism exists - but for the love of god stop trying to turn every comment into some argument where you try to vilify everyone else who happens to disagree with you and stop throwing around the racism card. It wasn’t a comment about race.
People here seem to think that not mentioning race directly = race isn’t, or could ever be, a possible factor in the overall discussion

Reactions: 9
Not knowing the difference between then and than is important.
Same with apart and apart, they are opposites

People here seem to think that not mentioning race directly = race isn’t, or could ever be, a possible factor in the overall discussion
Ok, but equally not mentioning race directly can also mean that the discussion has nothing to do with race.

it’s just ridiculous that no one can make a completely innocent and innocuous comment on any subject without someone rocking up with the racism chat. I couldn’t care less who goes to the nottinghill carnival - my point was very simply that it’s outgrown the area where it’s traditionally held. That was literally it. If anyone seriously thinks that equates to racism you need to pull your heads out of your arses and get a grip.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I give sausage rolls a 3/10. I was eating one for lunch today and thought you know what, they aren’t all that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Back in the day - a greggs veggie pasty was the business, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Homemade sausage rolls > greggs sausage rolls. Rather not have one than a greggs one!

FYI I don’t make them. Cute old lady down

road does. She drops therm off to my door 🥰🥰🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The mouse from Tom & Jerry is a wee tit and deserves to be eaten.
#TeamTom

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Things were getting a bit heavy for a while…all that sausage roll slander 😥

• Haha
One of my friends worked in a Carrolls (an Irish souvenir shop targeted towards tourists) and during Christmas, they played fairytale of New York every half hour, it got to the point every time it came on, he was ready to go into the back and hang himself with a “Kiss me I’m Irish” scarf 😂
Me and a pal were talking to a fella working in Carrolls I Dublin a few years back and the relentless all year round Riverdance was giving him a breakdown 🤣

Oddly I was talking about this to someone only today

• Haha

You always post in a provocative way on this thread Many times I have agreed with what you are saying, but its the way you are saying it that gets peoples backs up and turns a conversation into a argument. I'm not sure if its on purpose or you truly don't know that.

back to UO

I like people, I like sociable people I like people people at the tills chatting to me and asking me what I am going to cook with those odd looking things, I don't mind people asking me questions. I never minded people talking about my baby bumps or my accent. or chatting to my children or any of the 1000s of things people seem to hate about other people
Same I love talking to strangers I bump into in the shops, bus etc. I could talk crap about anything to anyone all day long 😂 I’m sure I’m some people’s idea of a nightmare but I can’t help it, I can’t stop talking 🤣

Me and a pal were talking to a fella working in Carrolls I Dublin a few years back and the relentless all year round Riverdance was giving him a breakdown 🤣

Oddly I was talking about this to someone only today
That’s just cruel. Surely these retail workers could sue for PTSD 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
You don’t have to mention race for it to be a race issue Betty. If millions gathered in the street for the royal family or some other British celebration there would be no negative press coverage and it would be ‘oh look at how lovely this is’ any sort of incidents which always occur with large crowds wouldn’t be as highly reported. That is systematic racism. I’ve seen it my entire life. It’s not a card that gets thrown around it’s real experience but your privilege doesn’t even have to think about that and you gaslight into saying it’s my issue.
I don’t think I’m a spokesperson for all black people. I’m a spokesperson for myself, for my experience and for what I’ve seen and I’ll never stop speaking on what I believe to be true because you told me too.
Anyway there’s no point speaking to you, you’re clearly somebody who is very stuck in their ways, always thinks they’re right and can’t be educated and I’m not wasting my time speaking with somebody like you.
Education would do you a world of good though. Instead of just dismissing what I believe to be true, maybe look into why. It’s not just me. I’m not the only person, but you’d rather tell us we’re wrong and have a chip on our shoulders then do the work wouldn’t you.
I’m not responding to your pathetic comments anymore so I wouldn’t waste my time with your ignorant childish responses if I were you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.