Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

When there is a murder, hundreds of arrests, countless reports of sexual assault, assaults, theft and robbery at a royal event get back to me.

I don't recall mayhem during the Queens Jubilee celebrations.
Sexual assault at reading and Leeds but you don’t wish to discuss that do you.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about. You are an embarrassment to yourself and everyone you are trying to speak for.
You can’t speak for the people I speak for. You ain’t one of them 😊

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Sometimes It’s better to just not reply. Especially when it’s obvious that an agreement or a common ground won’t be reached

Reactions: 10
Sexual assault at reading and Leeds but you don’t wish to discuss that do you.

You can’t speak for the people I speak for. You ain’t one of them 😊
@peaches I’m not trying to play devil’s advocate here but is isn’t possible that you perceived certain comments to be racist (which is fair enough, nobody can tell you that your feelings are wrong, not least a white person) but also that it wasn’t Betty’s intention and that race genuinely didn’t cross her mind?

How things are perceived and how they are intended to come across are not always mutually exclusive.

Reactions: 17
@peaches I’m not trying to play devil’s advocate here but is isn’t possible that you perceived certain comments to be racist (which is fair enough, nobody can tell you that your feelings are wrong, not least a white person) but also that it wasn’t Betty’s intention and that race genuinely didn’t cross her mind?

How things are perceived and how they are intended to come across are not always mutually exclusive.
It wasn’t even Betty that I initially replied too. I didn’t even accuse anybody on the thread of racism or negative views towards people of colour initially. I started with how the MEDIA portrays black people / black celebration to be told I have a chip on my shoulder, I play the race card. I bring race into everything blah blah blah. Which I do deem as very offensive. Is it so hard to believe that whilst a white person may not initially see it’s about race, a non white person may, when the time is taken to explain, and you’re met with ignorance and the unwilling to listen and take views on board, it comes across quite offensive?

Reactions: 10

Agree, when i made my comment it wasn’t based on anything race related and it was turned into black vs white events which was not the intention.

Not once was it mentioned the event should be cancelled or anything, and no one said other events are superior to this event.

Comparing an events like leeds where there is 75000 attendees to a million+ attendees is not the same.

Now im sure there is someone who isnt lazy like me who can look up crime statistics of festivals/carnivals.

Peaches my intention was never to offend you and it was never my intention to Make it into a racism debate.

Reactions: 4
We really don't want to issue warnings or ban anyone, but can people arguing just move on. Mods are busy enough without all these reports clogging up.

The rule to disagree respectfully is a good one.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Agre
Agree, when i made my comment it wasn’t based on anything race related and it was turned into black vs white events which was not the intention.

Not once was it mentioned the event should be cancelled or anything, and no one said other events are superior to this event.

Comparing an events like leeds where there is 75000 attendees to a million+ attendees is not the same.

Now im sure there is someone who isnt lazy like me who can look up crime statistics of festivals/carnivals.

Peaches my intention was never to offend you and it was never my intention to Make it into a racism debate.
Agree. The conversation was never about racism. Let’s end it there.

👍

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Catching up on this thread like

114CBD2B-89B6-48B8-BC41-402DF5532514.jpeg

And the Fairytale of New York slander is outrageous btw. The best Christmas song after oor Mariah

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.