Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've lived and worked in London for 37 years. I've lived and worked mainly in North West London. Come across all sorts of communities over the years. As I said, I've been to Notting Hill several times.

You accuse other posters of being narrow minded and stereotyping and yet assume that the residents of Notting Hill can all pop off to their properties in the Cotswolds. 🤣
Exactly.
There's social housing of all forms in every borough and area of London, Notting Hill is no exception. Plus many people who have bought through shared ownership or right to buy, and many others who will be on relatively modest incomes. Not everyone who lives in London is well off and has a second home 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 11
Whilst that video is horrific & dangerous it’s a small part of the carnival. The whole thing isn’t like that. Family day, so kids is Sunday. Most residents of the area don’t care, they know to expect the carnival. It’s had it’s day according to who? Somebody who doesn’t live in London @Purrrrrrr It effects nothing about your life, you just love a chance to moan 😊
That's nonsense and you know it. Why do you think people spent vast amounts of money protecting their homes, boarding up and putting in barriers? The residents are concerned about the huge numbers who turn up and those that have no respect for other peoples property. The residents know that the chances of damage to their property are high or just people being disrespectful and pissing in their doorways.

I don't think it needs to be moved into a field but central London could easily accommodate it with it all ending in Hyde park or somewhere. People come from all over the country and world to attend these days.

( I agree that if you buy a house there you know what you're getting. It's a bit like buying a house on a flight path or near an airport then complaining abut the planes. )

Reactions: 5
My colleague went on Sunday and told me the residents were opening up their homes and charging £2 to use the toilet. They must have made a fortune so I guess they don’t all hate it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
So, to be clear. Notting hill carnival = bad
Reading & Leeds festival = good

Cos I don’t see anybody moaning about those. Funny that 🤔
I’ve seen lots of people moaning about R&L. It’s getting out of hand. No one should feel unsafe at a festival, or a carnival.

Reactions: 7
When you get a large group of people together there’s always going to be low life human beings taking advantage of it by committing crimes and doing ridiculous things. Private security is virtually pointless in this country as they have no power to do anything than any other citizen. They can’t forcibly arrest people carry any type of weapon for self defence or defence of others. It’s once a year if you buy a house in Notting hill you know what you’re in for and I don’t see how a group of idiots falling through a shelter is any worse than A 16 YEAR OLD BOY DYING OF A DRUGS OVERDOSE !!

Reactions: 5
I have family who still live there. I am also allowed a opinion, you always try to shut people down by telling them what they can or cannot have a opinion on.
No I don’t shut people down. If that’s how you take my opinion then that’s your issue. You always seem to try and turn my opinions into an argument and then tell me what I apparently do on this thread because you’re clearly offended by my views.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
No I don’t shut people down. If that’s how you take my opinion then that’s your issue. You always seem to try and turn my opinions into an argument and then tell me what I apparently do on this thread because you’re clearly offended by my views.
When many people on a thread take your words the wrong way. You have to wonder if its in fact you and not everyone else.

I don't think its what you say but the way you say it.

Anyway I will leave you to it. as its no concern of mine 🤣

Reactions: 6
I hate Mickey Mouse with his stupid squeaky voice and him having a dog as a pet, and another dog as a friend. Weirdo

• Haha
Reactions: 8
When many people on a thread take your words the wrong way. You have to wonder if its in fact you and not everyone else.

I don't think its what you say but the way you say it.

Anyway I will leave you to it. as its no concern of mine 🤣
You, or others always say that. So essentially I’m wrong because I don’t believe the same as everybody else? Is that not the beauty of life. We all think and feel different things. The world would be an incredibly boring place if we all thought the same.

Not sure how you interpret the way I say things, considering you are reading and I’m not speaking to you. Possibly it’s the way you opt to interpret the things I am writing. Up to you either way.

You, or others always say that. So essentially I’m wrong because I don’t believe the same as everybody else? Is that not the beauty of life. We all think and feel different things. The world would be an incredibly boring place if we all thought the same.

Not sure how you interpret the way I say things, considering you are reading and I’m not speaking to you. Possibly it’s the way you opt to interpret the things I am writing. Up to you either way.

You always post in a provocative way on this thread Many times I have agreed with what you are saying, but its the way you are saying it that gets peoples backs up and turns a conversation into a argument. I'm not sure if its on purpose or you truly don't know that.

back to UO

I like people, I like sociable people I like people people at the tills chatting to me and asking me what I am going to cook with those odd looking things, I don't mind people asking me questions. I never minded people talking about my baby bumps or my accent. or chatting to my children or any of the 1000s of things people seem to hate about other people

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I hate Mickey Mouse with his stupid squeaky voice and him having a dog as a pet, and another dog as a friend. Weirdo
Haha I hate that if Goofy and Pluto are both dogs, then how can Goofy talk and walk on two legs but Pluto can't talk and is a pet? What’s that all about?

• Haha
Reactions: 9

You always post in a provocative way on this thread Many times I have agreed with what you are saying, but its the way you are saying it that gets peoples backs up and turns a conversation into a argument. I'm not sure if its on purpose or you truly don't know that.

back to UO

I like people, I like sociable people I like people people at the tills chatting to me and asking me what I am going to cook with those odd looking things, I don't mind people asking me questions. I never minded people talking about my baby bumps or my accent. or chatting to my children or any of the 1000s of things people seem to hate about other people
Me too! I find a lot of people especially teenagers are completely unsociable. Also many teenagers and young adults lack any social skills because their general interactions are solely internet based.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.