Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes- one event in a small area that always-without fail- causes grief, stabbings, violence and vandalism for residents in the locale.
I didn't see or hear of any stabbings or cars being done over at Reading Pride? Or the same happening on St Patrick's Day in Cardiff or Newcastle?
Unlike the Notting Hill carnival. Every time.

Reactions: 5
Telling somebody how they feel about obvious systematic racism that they have a ‘chip on their shoulder’ is racist.

Telling somebody that they turn everything ‘into a race issue’ when they say how they feel is racist.
Thing is there really isn’t any point explaining because the person will just reply with more childish crap

If it’s not the argument that something is taken out of context it will probably be that sort of behaviour

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Yes- one event in a small area that always-without fail- causes grief, stabbings, violence and vandalism for residents in the locale.
I didn't see or hear of any stabbings or cars being done over at Reading Pride? Or the same happening on St Patrick's Day in Cardiff or Newcastle?
Unlike the Notting Hill carnival. Every time.
You don’t see them because they’re not reported on as heavily as they are at the carnival.

Reactions: 1
I just googled stabbing at festival to see what’s going on and some poor fella got stabbed at a Potato festival in Michigan last month😳 who’s beefing at a potato festival!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Also an interesting thing with policing the festival where the majority of attendees are not going to be white is systematic racism by the police that no one is mentioning

Also, let’s be clear - if a stabbing occurred at a Pride event it would be quickly labelled as a hate crime and very few people would be calling to cancel it - and that would also be labelled as homophobic/transphobic. There’s also the difference that you normally have numerous pride events rather than a select one

I fully expect someone to reply about black on black violence or something along those lines but that’s exactly why this sort of stuff just isn’t as easily comparable

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Whilst on the subject of festivals, my unpopular opinion is that they just don't appeal to me at all. All I can think about it how grubby and stinky everyone must be after 3 days :sick::sick:

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Exactly. Why buy a house in Notting Hill if the carnival offends you so much? It’s not like people who live there don’t have a choice. It’s not a poor area. I’m going to assume people on this thread have no idea about the area and have just watched a bit of bbc news and seen people of colour having enjoyment and thought no I don’t like that one bit.
I've lived and worked in London for 37 years. I've lived and worked mainly in North West London. Come across all sorts of communities over the years. As I said, I've been to Notting Hill several times.

You accuse other posters of being narrow minded and stereotyping and yet assume that the residents of Notting Hill can all pop off to their properties in the Cotswolds. 🤣

Reactions: 14
I've lived and worked in London for 37 years. I've lived and worked mainly in North West London. Come across all sorts of communities over the years. As I said, I've been to Notting Hill several times.

You accuse other posters of being narrow minded and stereotyping and yet assume that the residents of Notting Hill can all pop off to their properties in the Cotswolds. 🤣
Was it me who said that?! At least come at me with correct facts babe.

Notting Hill is not a poor area though. The type of person who lives there opts to live there. It’s not the kind of area where poor families are housed by the council for example. The carnival has always been a thing, if I didn’t want to see it, it annoyed me etc I simply would not buy a house in Notting hill.

• Haha
Was it me who said that?! At least come at me with correct facts babe.

Notting Hill is not a poor area though. The type of person who lives there opts to live there. It’s not the kind of area where poor families are housed by the council for example. The carnival has always been a thing, if I didn’t want to see it, it annoyed me etc I simply would not buy a house in Notting hill.
So there are no council homes in Notting hill? Might want to check that

Reactions: 8
Pride month is different to Pride marches. The marches are held all over the summer so that people have the chance to attend them.

Sorry I have to get involved when people start getting things wrong about pride. Not even sure what's meant by "the LGBT ... community" either. Like why the dots? Maybe I'm reading too much into it.
First of all, do you see how it’s deemed perfectly acceptable for you to call me out on this but when I do it on racism ‘I have a chip on my shoulder’ ?

Second of all, it’s not my intention to be offensive or get it wrong but this community has changed its name to be more inclusive and quite frankly I can never remember exactly what it’s called. So yes, you are reading too much into it. I’m not homophonic. I have no issues with this community. I just can’t remember it’s exact name and it would be more rude if I wrote it incorrectly no?

Whilst on the subject of festivals, my unpopular opinion is that they just don't appeal to me at all. All I can think about it how grubby and stinky everyone must be after 3 days :sick::sick:
my ex cheated on me in a tent in Leeds festival over 10 years ago and I remember thinking urgh that must have stunk 🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
First of all, do you see how it’s deemed perfectly acceptable for you to call me out on this but when I do it on racism ‘I have a chip on my shoulder’ ?

Second of all, it’s not my intention to be offensive or get it wrong but this community has changed its name to be more inclusive and quite frankly I can never remember exactly what it’s called. So yes, you are reading too much into it. I’m not homophonic. I have no issues with this community. I just can’t remember it’s exact name and it would be more rude if I wrote it incorrectly no?
I didn’t call you out on anything to do with the Notting Hill stuff? It’s not my argument to be honest as I’ve never lived in London or been to the carnival so I don’t know much about it. I did read what you said though and had no issue as you know a lot more about it than me.

I’m just used to people being a bit crappy about pride on here hence why I asked you. No harm done.

The phrases festival fanny/disco minge are enough to make me wanna be sick :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I didn’t call you out on anything to do with the Notting Hill stuff? It’s not my argument to be honest as I’ve never lived in London or been to the carnival so I don’t know much about it. I did read what you said though and had no issue as you know a lot more about it than me.

I’m just used to people being a bit crappy about pride on here hence why I asked you. No harm done.
No pride doesn’t bother me at all. It’s not something I know masses about so I don’t speak on it too much as Id never want to offend or seem ignorant but I’m here for all celebrations of equality. The ‘LGBT..’ comment was simply because there are so many letters now and I never want to get them wrong so sorry if it offended you or came across rude 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sorry but to me this is poor event planning. It’s a non ticketed event, many people turned up and as a result they’re getting crushed in one area, it’s really dangerous for all involved and I don’t think there’s anything racist about saying that. I would say the same about any event if I saw scenes like this.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
No pride doesn’t bother me at all. It’s not something I know masses about so I don’t speak on it too much as Id never want to offend or seem ignorant but I’m here for all celebrations of equality. The ‘LGBT..’ comment was simply because there are so many letters now and I never want to get them wrong so sorry if it offended you or came across rude 😊
No you didn’t it’s fine! Sorry if I came across as defensive.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.