Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who single out notting hill carnival for criticism and then accuse others of making it a 'race thing' when it's pointed out.
Projecting much.

Lets get St Patrick day and Pride fucked off to a field somewhere too, then. They're no different in terms of unrest, vandalism, damage to local homes and businesses and upset and strife to local residents.

Also for the Nigel Farage fangirls who get their info from the sun and the daily mail.... the carnival is a two day event not three day event.
According to Peaches it’s now a 3 day event 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
People who single out notting hill carnival for criticism and then accuse others of making it a 'race thing' when it's pointed out.
Projecting much.

Lets get St Patrick day and Pride fucked off to a field somewhere too, then. They're no different in terms of unrest, vandalism, damage to local homes and businesses and upset and strife to local residents.

Also for the Nigel Farage fangirls who get their info from the sun and the daily mail.... the carnival is a two day event not three day event.
It's three days now. If you're going to get stroppy get your facts right.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Projecting much.

St Patrick’s DAY - a 1 day event
Pride - usually the pride March is a 1 day thing.

you also do realise that - shock horror - there are BLACK IRISH AND BLACK GAY PEOPLE!!!!

Reactions: 2
According to Peaches it’s now a 3 day event 😂
It starts on Saturday and ends on Monday with the main parades being Sunday / Monday.
Sunday has always been family day. If you’re going to criticise something at least be sure of what you’re criticising?

Eta pride goes on for an entire month with parades being everywhere across the country? But if we duck off the LGBT… community into a field that would be seen as homophobic.

Nobody said there wasn’t gay black people, but pride isn’t a celebration of black history is it? So not sure what your point is.

You get so angry whenever you’re called out for racist views and then try and flip it on me for having the issue?! Funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
It starts on Saturday and ends on Monday with the main parades being Sunday / Monday.
Sunday has always been family day. If you’re going to criticise something at least be sure of what you’re criticising?

Eta pride goes on for an entire month with parades being everywhere across the country? But if we duck off the LGBT… community into a field that would be seen as homophonic.

Nobody said there wasn’t gay black people, but pride isn’t a celebration of black history is it? So not sure what your point is.

You get so angry whenever you’re called out for racist views and then try and flip it on me for having the issue?! Funny.
You just have a gigantic chip on your shoulder and you try to turn everything into an issue of race. It’s boring.

ETA: please give me some examples where I’ve provided “racist views” - ?????

Reactions: 9
Nottinghill carnival has completely outgrown the area it’s held in. If the organisers wish to hold a carnival on that scale, with that many people in attendance, over multiple days they either need to pay for and organise sufficient private security cover to work alongside the police and provide a comprehensive clean up operation afterwards or they limit the numbers and have it as a 1 day event that runs until the early evening. Either that or it is moved off site to a non residential location where there’s the area and appropriate services/facilities to hold a festival of that size. It’s got nothing to do with race, nothing to do with whether people like it or not, it’s just simple logistical issues that make it unsuitable in its current format.
Move it off site or cancel it. It's only an excuse for trouble and violence.

Reactions: 4
You just have a gigantic chip on your shoulder and you try to turn everything into an issue of race. It’s boring.
Of course it’s boring to you, a white women who is not effected by race issues. Is it so hard to believe that I can quite obviously see them, as a non white women?
‘Chip on my shoulder’ so you’re pushing it back on to me, and it’s not systematic racism?

You Betty, no matter how much you deny it or tell me where you’ve lived or your grandparents are immigrants or you have black friends, are a racist.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
I've been to Notting Hill Carnival several times. It's always the last day when the trouble is.

There does seem to be a disproportionate amount of crime at Notting Hill compared to other events. Compare Pride with Notting Hill. It's completely different. Maybe it would be easier to move Notting Hill into central London were it is easier to police and more space and more options for public transport.

I am going to make a bold and general statement saying that the average home owner/resident in Notting Hill takes so much from this country in other ways that they can survive 2/3 days of noise and people without it being a problem. If they are bothered by the masses having fun they can go to their Cotswolds cottage or the family home in kent, I’ll pray they survive the hassle

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yep, as usual everyone is obviously racist who doesn’t agree with how the carnival is.

People have moaned on these threads about various festivals, people have also moaned about pride and st patricks and st george’s day.

The only reason i mentioned Nottinghill originally is because it was this weekend.

Come st patricks day i’m sure everyone will be moaning about that.

Of course it’s boring to you, a white women who is not effected by race issues. Is it so hard to believe that I can quite obviously see them, as a non white women?
‘Chip on my shoulder’ so you’re pushing it back on to me, and it’s not systematic racism?

You Betty, no matter how much you deny it or tell me where you’ve lived or your grandparents are immigrants or you have black friends, are a racist.
Whatever helps you sleep at night pet.

I’ll await your examples of my apparent “racist views”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I am going to make a bold and general statement saying that the average home owner/resident in Notting Hill takes so much from this country in other ways that they can survive 2/3 days of noise and people without it being a problem. If they are bothered by the masses having fun they can go to their Cotswolds cottage or the family home in kent, I’ll pray they survive the hassle
Exactly. Why buy a house in Notting Hill if the carnival offends you so much? It’s not like people who live there don’t have a choice. It’s not a poor area. I’m going to assume people on this thread have no idea about the area and have just watched a bit of bbc news and seen people of colour having enjoyment and thought no I don’t like that one bit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Yeahhhhh because that’s the demographic of those who live in the area?!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly. Why buy a house in Notting Hill if the carnival offends you so much? It’s not like people who live there don’t have a choice. It’s not a poor area. I’m going to assume people on this thread have no idea about the area and have just watched a bit of bbc news and seen people of colour having enjoyment and thought no I don’t like that one bit.
Assumptions just make an ASS out of YOU

Projecting much.

That's a ridiculous argument. St Patricks Day is a world wide event these days with any pub in any town, in any country celebrating. Ireland, London, Liverpool, New York etc etc. Same as pride. There are a lot of separate events around the country at different times and dates.

Notting Hill is one event, over 3 days in a comparitively small residential area.

Whatever helps you sleep at night pet.

I’ll await your examples of my apparent “racist views”

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Telling somebody how they feel about obvious systematic racism that they have a ‘chip on their shoulder’ is racist.

Telling somebody that they turn everything ‘into a race issue’ when they say how they feel is racist.

• Haha

Eta pride goes on for an entire month with parades being everywhere across the country? But if we duck off the LGBT… community into a field that would be seen as homophobic.

Pride month is different to Pride marches. The marches are held all over the summer so that people have the chance to attend them.

Sorry I have to get involved when people start getting things wrong about pride. Not even sure what's meant by "the LGBT ... community" either. Like why the dots? Maybe I'm reading too much into it.

Pride month is different to Pride marches. The marches are held all over the summer so that people have the chance to attend them.
Well let’s put it all on one day, shove the whole community in a field and have security there cos you know, we don’t want to upset the residents.

Do you see an issue with that?

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.