Unpopular Opinions #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You are deliberately missing the point and trying to turn it into a race issue. What can’t you understand - THE CARNIVAL IS TOO BIG TO BE HELD IN A RESIDENTIAL AREA! IT IS TOO DIFFICULT TO POLICE, CAUSES TOO MUCH DAMAGE TO THE AREA WHERE PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIVE & WORK, AND IS NO LONGER SUITABLE TO BE HELD IN THE WAY IT HAS HISTORICALLY BEEN HELD.
Scale it down or move it. It’s that simple.
Says who? You? Have you ever been Betty or you just seeing it on tv and making that opinion?

Reactions: 4
I feel like there are solutions that can be tried before moving the festival to another location or day as seems to be suggested by a few articles

From reports of people who went it’s actually pleasant before 7PM. I think it’s sort of expected for things to go south once it starts getting dark

The people living there will always be upset that there’s a day where the street is taken over by a wild crowd of people. You won’t ever satisfy them. Shops will always spend time and money boarding up their fronts just in case because again… it’s a large crowd of people passing. I wouldn’t be surprised if a similar thing happens during football games in places where a higher footfall is expected afterward

Says who? You? Have you ever been Betty or you just seeing it on tv and making that opinion?
You’re really trying to turn this into a race thing and its really not

We understand the significance of the carnival, but when it originally started it didnt attract 1 million+ people

You have roughly 9000 police trying to ensure the safety of this massive number for 3 days with no security measures whatsoever, can you honestly not see the issue of this?

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I hate NYE. Every year for the last decade I’ve had dreadful mental health that peaks on NYE, because I’ve had a tit decade and all that feels shoved into the forefront of my brain because everyone is banging on about what they’ve achieved, where they’ve been and what they’re going to do next. And people never talk about happiness on its own, it’s all related to and about progression eg career, having kids, getting married, money, house buying etc. duck off with your humble brags that insinuate anyone can do anything as long as they work hard enough

The other 364 days I actually don’t mind that I don’t adhere to people’s ideas of success but NYE just makes me feel like a massive failure. And the TV schedule is tit. I just go to sleep at 10pm 🤣
Same, I plan to go offline on NYE and NYD so I can avoid seeing all the bragging.

Reactions: 2
Wasn't Notting Hill just a bit crazier this year because it was the first one since 2019?

I was watching someone who tried to live stream from there yesterday but they couldn't because the network couldn't take it. Too many people on the gram I guess. 😂

Reactions: 1
You’re really trying to turn this into a race thing and its really not

We understand the significance of the carnival, but when it originally started it didnt attract 1 million+ people

You have roughly 9000 police trying to ensure the safety of this massive number for 3 days with no security measures whatsoever, can you honestly not see the issue of this?

• Heart
So, to be clear. Notting hill carnival = bad
Reading & Leeds festival = good

Cos I don’t see anybody moaning about those. Funny that 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 5

You are so boring. Who’s even mentioned R&L?!
would YOU want the Reading Festival taking place on the street where you live? No. My point exactly.

Really!? So many people moaned about how tit festivals were in the previous threads.

No one is comparing the 2 here, only you are.

My work is really boring this morning, thank you all for providing the entertainment

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I remember a time when Christmas music etc only kicked in around 8 December. My birthday is 15 November and it all seems to be in full swing by then nowadays
My birthday is around a week before yours and I've been told by my own mum before that she finds getting me a gift stressful and expensive as it's 'Too close to Christmas' :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
I remember a time when Christmas music etc only kicked in around 8 December. My birthday is 15 November and it all seems to be in full swing by then nowadays
When i worked in retail, we’d have the music on from end of October 🤦🏽‍♀️ By xmas time i was sick of hearing xmas music

When i worked in retail, we’d have the music on from end of October 🤦🏽‍♀️ By xmas time i was sick of hearing xmas music
My boyfriends little sister listens to Christmas music ALL YEAR ROUND. When we used to live at his parents I'd be sick and tired of waking up on an August morning and hearing her in the shower belting out "WELL I WISH IT COULD BE CHRISTMAS EVERYDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
My daughter worked in New Look for a while on the run up to Christmas a couple of years ago. . She loves a Christmas song but even she couldn't cope with the same songs on loop for hours. Even now if she hears a particular song she'll say 'New Look Christmas song' as it's playing.

• Haha
People who single out notting hill carnival for criticism and then accuse others of making it a 'race thing' when it's pointed out.
Projecting much.

Lets get St Patrick day and Pride fucked off to a field somewhere too, then. They're no different in terms of unrest, vandalism, damage to local homes and businesses and upset and strife to local residents.

Also for the Nigel Farage fangirls who get their info from the sun and the daily mail.... the carnival is a two day event not three day event.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.